People who actually use keepass

people who actually use keepass

How do you use it?

what software you have installed on your PC
how often do you have to unlock main vault to actually use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_memory
youtube.com/watch?v=KQuDrKSZkck&t=1385s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not using based lastpass

>using pajeet tier lastpass

google sync plugin

lock workspace whenever i leave pc

i have it on my phone too, loads directly from drive

there are plugins for the main two browsers, I just copy/paste tho
however often you need to log in somewhere you don't just have a cookie for

there is a possibility for bad borking if you outright quit when you have an entry open. Having copies in multiple places is a good idea.

KeePass 2 on pc and laptop
Keepass2android on phone
Database in Dropbox

>how often do you have to unlock main vault to actually use it?
Just once? I have set a time out of 15 minutes after it locks again by itself

>using anything that ties into a browser
enjoy your botnetâ„¢

>how you use it
I keep a backed up folder of my databases, which are also synced online. They unlock with a password and local key file stored on my phone.
>how often do you unlock it
Everyday. It stays unlocked unless I log off the PC (which I do when afk).

>every fucking 15 minutes?
>just once

I mean there's just one master password and you are in again, unless you use 2fa or whatever

He's being ironic, you retards.

I was using a text file for saving passwords before I started using keepass so anything is a step up basically. I have it saved on external hard drive and use a sentence I remembered as a password.

> KeePass for Newbs

I use KeePass2. I need a master password to open it. I have folders which can be inside other folders. These folders contain my passwords.

I keep my password file in my Dropbox folder because I have multiple laptops and GDrive integration isn't supported for LInux.

Forgot to mention; I have to unlock it whenever I want a password and I already closed it. You can still minimize it if you plan to use it often.

>password managers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_memory

memorylets will never learn

I just use a Google doc desu

>mfw two intelligent to commit that to memory that which can be better secured to a password manager

No shit, why the fuck would anyone purposefully share your passwords with companies that have questionable security or motives. Just blows my mind. Can't wait until you fucks get hacked because you have your passwords on one of the fat and target rich environments ever.

>How do you use it?
what do you mean? I put my logins in it, then whenever I visit a site, it automatically fills it in.

i have not had to type in a login for almost 6 years now(excluding my bank)

>how often do you have to unlock main vault to actually use it?
i unlock it anytime im using my computer, which is all the time. i dont really have a need to lock it.

I keep my key file in several locations + automatic backups daily.

I dont think I could browse the internet without keepass.

Sorry, I can't remember 70 random generated passwords

Keepass
Use one database for work
One database for home use

Sys admin so work follows me home
Also have mini domain at home to mess with stuff.

I unlock it once when I boot if I need it for the time I am on
I love keepass.

Would use last pass but never get around to migrating my passwords into my lastpass account

>two intelligent

Sure thing, buddy.

Local DB automatically synchronised with a cloud master copy. Unlock on boot, press ctrl+alt+a to auto-type into wherever I need to login.

As simple and secure as it gets.

>password managers
Just write it down lmao

I know this is bait, but what do you need 70 passwords for? Have a throwaway password for unimportant things, then more elaborate, but still easy to remember, passwords for things that matter. There.

>another bait
Intelligence and memory are tightly linked. You can also improve your memory bu training.

I have KeePassXC installed on my computer and laptop. Keepass2Android on my phone. The database is shared on Google Drive (yeah, come at me fuckers) with the keyfile being distributed between the devices exclusively outside of the internet.

Works amazingly well. No issues whatsoever and it is synced perfectly by using gdrive (script on GitHub) and Google Drive provided by the phone.

Am I a retard for not using a key file? I just use bittorrent sync for the db

Use it for all passwords. Install plugins for readable passphrase generator and advanced tab view thing. Install keefox for Firefox. Have keepass startup with Windows and automatically save on exit. Keep password database on usb3 external storage connected to router. Use keepass2android with ftp connection to external storage to access the database on phone.

Presumably, you would want to use a key file if you are syncing via a cloud service, so that someone can't steal the DB and then perform an offline attack against it

>then whenever I visit a site, it automatically fills it in.
that's if you have KeyFox

youtube.com/watch?v=KQuDrKSZkck&t=1385s

>How do you use it?
Open Keepass
Enter Master Password
Navigate to the site
Copy and paste the password
Logged In

>what software you have installed on your PC?
KeePass 2 for Windows
MiniKeePass for iPhone

>how often do you have to unlock main vault?
Every 5 minutes

>muh bait
shut the front door faggot.
you do a throwaway password and then all your unimportant things get owned, what do you know is important or not? crawl into your memory palace and kys

>Database in Dropbox
Use keyfile, don't trust the botnet.

KeePassXC master race
KeePassDroid on Phone

This except database stored in Google drive. Keepass2android can access it as if it were a local file and on my desktop I have a Gdrive sync folder. Works so smoothly

The whole point of the encryption is that it doesn't matter if someone has access to your database.

There are people on security forums who post links to their databases on publicly accessible from servers. They say you can't do anything with them as they are protected by basically uncrackable encryption with a superstring password and keyfile

the only "drawback" is installing PassIFox, which for some reason is not trivial (it should be)

other than that, the passwords just fill in automatically when I visit the site, which is less frequent now because I use the protonmail app and K-9

keepass 2 / nextcloud locally hosted

> how often do you have to unlock main vault to actually use it?
Once, when I boot a PC. It locks itself when idle, so I don't bother closing a Keepass.

That's the joke.

I use LastPass unironically.
I'm surprised so many of you people hate the idea of LastPass. There's nothing "questionable" about its security or what have you. It's all pretty top-notch.

>trusting some third party plugin made by single loser to not leak your shit

And you retards complain about lastpass

Wait what?

Doesn't mean in the future they will remain uncrackable. It's bad practice.

You should really do some reading on LastPass got cracked or hacked I don't remember and a lot of user data was leaked

I use KeePassX on my Workmachine for every password that needs to be secure (read: long and unmemorable as fuck). I have a keyfile stored on a USB drive that I carry on my keychain. You can not unlock my database without this physically sticking in a specific USB port. If you put it in the wrong port, a script will detect this and delete my password file.

>keepass file in google drive
>password for google account in keepass file

krek

They lost hashes a bunch of time now, but their encryption is so strong that it doesn't matter. See I use LastPass. I know that that requires trusting LastPass, but I still haven't gone full autismo with my cs paranoia.

That was a potential issue with the plugin, and they fixed it within a week of being informed of it.

I use an Android port of it on an old phone that I ripped out the antennas from. I have an airgapped laptop at home that I use when I need to alter it more than I care to do on the phone, and I keep backups on USB drives in a safety deposit box and a fire resistant safe that I keep in the crawlspace. I set it to lock out after 5 minutes, and the phones erases everything if the unlock password fails 3 times.

It's cumbersome, but the things I secure on it are important enough to justify that. Note that my threat model doesn't include TLAs or higher levels of corporate espionage, I'm primarily concerned about malware.

i don't see a problem with it as long as you don't use the browser plugin, which may be fixed for now but too big an attack surface for my tastes.
it's great for the normie whose password setup was much worse before getting in with lastpass, how i started before moving on.

KeepassX on PC
keepassdroid on phone
gonna set up syncthing soon, no botnet cloud storage for me

KeepassX on PC
Keepass2Android on phone
Database self-hosted (synced via Nextcloud)

I open the database just whenever I log into something new, and count on firefox remembering it. Usually this is once a day or so on average.

I never really got around to getting KeeFox working. KeepassX's autofill works fine for me.

I don't back up my database enough. I really should set up a script for that.

>not writing it down in a handy dandy notebook

where do you keep the dandy notebook?

nice try

That's one of the worst solutions. High risk of losing it if you take it with you, some risk of losing it when leaving it at home; cannot login anywhere when leaving it at home.
No quick and easy way to generate and insert passwords.

>cloud
>secure

>using an online password manager that is targeted by people who constantly attack it to get their DB

Sad