youtube.com/watch?v=O2p4N7XrpV8
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
freesoftwarefoundation.org
dis.tinychan.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

?

I can get to reddit.com just fine

hrt and mac devices aren't cheap

>tfw selling three stickers a month isn't enough to keep your cyberpunk hideout afloat

i hope not lain

Kek. I though the edgy admin sold the website to a Tokyo gaijin few month earlier.

I didn't lurk for a while but the userbase is pretty much "1337 h4x0r wannabe" tier.

I blame the cloudflare.

Now looks like the old 8/tech/ (muh freedom) with some retards from /leftypol/

the userbase is x10 better than gee

i wouldnt really call kalyx edgy but yeah.

I hope it comes back. I only come to Sup Forums anymore for pajeet/phone poster jokes.

/tech/ is slow and the quality isn't that much above Sup Forums IMO

Sup Forums has a lot of garbage but the good stuff here is better than lainchan. I couldn't quite get along with the anons there back then. I don't have the screencaps on this device but the admin and mods were edgelords. Petty fight among themselves, "I win because I am admin and can ban you" arguments, they were literal teenagers with authority.

Sup Forums mods are maggots also (one of them doxxed me once because I told his desktop was shit in the now forbidden desktop threads) but Sup Forums is much less micromanaged than lainchan.

there's new staff. I have never one seen appleman do anything autist like

>R.I.P. LainChan

does no one actually know? fuarkk...

Lain is pretty fucking great...

Guys I'm scared.

What is going on?

North korea is getting invaded

Was. At some point.
A few years ago.

Nowdays it's got too much Sup Forums and hotwheelschan faggotry shitting it up.

>Sup Forums mods are maggots also (one of them doxxed me once because I told his desktop was shit
Hahaha, classic. Couple years ago I got banned for shit talking kpop in some 'phone wallpaper' thread. It was always a thinly veiled thread for jerking over kpop stars; it was such cancer.

GOOD RIDDANCE I SAY!

github.com/lainchan/lainchan/commit/ddbabcccab20faf0a005b35137d69e6f33023d22
>8 hours ago

Looks temporary to me.

>github.com/lainchan/lainchan/commit/ddbabcccab20faf0a005b35137d69e6f33023d22
this proves nothing git commit dates and authors can be faked

FAKE MIRGE

>/tech/ is slow and the quality isn't that much above Sup Forums IMO
I blame myself and 8/pol/ for this. One thread was about technology and another was about the damn sjws.

>I blame myself
just who the heck do you think you are, exactly?

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

also worth noting their twitter hasn't been updated since last december

s-stop

so the database is nuked, last backup is from september

kek for real?
looks bad 2bh

I didn't think I'd find discussion of this here, but it looks like there is. I asked Appleman what happened and kalyx apparently wiped the server, including the backups. Between this, 8/pol/ turning smaller boards on 8ch to shit including /tech/, 8ch going down recently and a decent part of the population of the smaller boards not returning, and Sup Forums's nosedive in quality over the past year since the election brought enough Sup Forumstards to make Sup Forums faster than Sup Forums, I think I'm going to be done with imageboards for a while. Well I guess on the bright side I can switch to using something ridiculous like links or w3m for most everything now ;_;

>I think I'm going to be done with imageboards for a while
see you tomorrow

>kalyx apparently wiped the serve

What a faggot. That guy always seemed sketchy. Hopefully this is a prelude to his suicide.

... Didn't he sell that shit months ago?
Why would he still have access?

There has been systematic attacks on multiple imageboards by numerous unknown parties

Looks like some people got really mad at counterculture coming from imageboards

But what's going to happen to the Lisp general?

New admin is technically inept. Same reason there's no backups.

Appleman is god-tier admin

/tech/ got fucked by Sup Forums and Sup Forums is nothing but flamers and retards trying too hard to be funny. Lain was slow, but at least there was some discussion going on!

I just want an imageboard were I can talk about shit without Sup Forums wannabe trolls and shitty flamers shitting up threads; is it asking too much?

I mean, Sup Forums was never good, but at least it didn't feel like an unsupervised playground with cliques.

I just came back to see if I could find any discussion of this on a board where the 8 posts on this topic didn't account for 75% of the posts over the last day.

>Looks like some people got really mad at counterculture coming from imageboards
Is this where you go on to say that sucking the dick of the leader of the most powerful country in the world is counterculture? Also, most of the posters on lainchan weren't particularly fond of that "counterculture".

>Even after selling the website kalyx managed to fuck it
Never EVER trust a brazilian faggot.

Sup Forums is crap compared to anything

I like the way he's managed the site but not having offsite backups is unforgivable. And apparently leaving a backdoor in for the old admin (or not changing the passwords to something)..

This is bad. So lainchan is over? ;_;

Good, Lainchan was infested with commie larpers and literal faggots.

>and literal faggots
And Sup Forums isn't?

As far as multiple attacks go: An ebin exploit which allows you to reverse shell tinyboard came out not to long ago, and most administrators never bother to run git pull

USE LYNXCHAN FAGGOTS

youtube.com/watch?v=O2p4N7XrpV8

I prefer textboards like progrider.

Lain thread?

> LYNXCHAN
lmao

goatfinger is shit

How about this instead? github.com/majestrate/nntpchan

Damn. Is it possible Kaylx can get charged for wire fraud? I don't think he has access to the server after he sold it to Appleman.

Also isn't Kaylx like 14?

isnt lainchan actual garbage though

>goatfinger is shit
freesoftwarefoundation.org

I didn't know there was a new board. Thank you.
Last time I posted was about 2 months ago in the tinychan archive.

actually that is what you were talking about.
dis.tinychan.org is basically a board with all of progrider's posts. I just used that url because it's funny.

>connect all imageboards
>watch as all imageboards go to shit due to the Sup Forumstards
NNTPchan may have been a good idea years back, but when there's a massive population of fucktards who insist on proselytizing everywhere about their political views and derailing threads that don't align with their views, that ceases to be a good idea. Sup Forumstards basically killed /tech/ on 8ch. Imageboards without centralized leadership and site wide rules like 8ch are a dead end, and that goes double for merging tons of imageboards into a massive, near unmoderatable version of 8ch.

>Imageboards without centralized leadership and site wide rules [...] are a dead end
Nice try, bootlicker.

>not wanting larger boards to be able to raid, shit up, and shut down smaller boards on the same site without consequences is "bootlicking"

Was in telegram chats of the people which are influencing the site. Most of them were leftypol, they even made their own Sup Forums. If you want to hear some parody libcuck shit, than just join their official telegram and maybe their "original lainons" chat.

>the best website on the net
If you are an edgy autistic teenager, I guess

Funny, I went to lainchan for the first time in at least 2 years YESTERDAY and the next day it's more than likely gone for good.

I didn't like it but it's always sad to see an imageboard go, unless that imageboard is 8ch. Fuck those fags and their reddit-tier site.

The users on lainchan always where so nice and the radio was great too.
Shit my lainchan sticker is now worthless.

Neat

>Was in telegram chats of the people which are influencing the site. Most of them were leftypol, they even made their own Sup Forums.
You can't imagine how I'm tired of this movements bullshit.

i thought the used mumble

Is this legal?

Nah we/they used telegram, there was a thread about this. Even Kalyx joined and wrote something.

(When i left the group, the most people active were lefties and those which were center/right or politically not interested were ignored or made laugh of. Which is one of the reasons i left.)

Seeing what happened to /civ/ on lainchan was a good educational experience though. It showed that political discussion now days is cancerous garbage and has no place on a site where political discussion isn't the primary purpose, no matter how high the quality of posting on the rest of the site is. The board got shut down because of how shitty it got when compared to the rest of the site, and it wasn't just /leftypol/ on that board.

when did they make the switch

Couple of months before the site was sold. Kalix went on a politicall banstreak (which was for the good).But then junk and his friends (cant remember the names) thought it was a good idea to change/add/remove some boards (making tons of boards "secret"). And made also the site for whatever reason with /civ/ more political. (Krautchan has shown that the best option is a big trashcan for both pols, devided from the site)

Forgot to write: i joined first over the lainzine group, which must be like 9 months ago. (And the lainzine is a different nearly failed story, lol)

>Shit my lainchan sticker is now worthless.
MEMORIAL

>not being on tsukichan instead

I only started listening to the radio a week ago and it's already dead.

Maybe

Why is the site near dead/slow when this thread clearly shows there were a decent chunk of users on lain?
Were you not posting?The site barely had a few posts per day.Same goes with 8ch.So many people talking about it here yet every other board except the political once are essentially dead.

I don't post until I have something to to contribute.
Here I say whatever awful things I want.

this

Personally, I don't post because I know how boring I am wouldn't have anything of quality to contribute.

>If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required and is underway.

Because every time I try to start a serious discussion I get more responses from LARPers and edgy 1337h4xX0rz than from serious people. There's only a handful of good regular posters.
I miss /art/, it was the only good board.

>The site barely had a few posts per day
What the hell are you talking about? Last I checked, they averaged a several posts per hour, just spread out over 11 boards. Also this:

Typically slower is better I have found. Even here the slower boards generally have the best/most thought out content. I find the faster boards the quality drops significantly. They are the ones full of shit posts and users that just want attention. Insert bait or over used meme here guaranteed response.

It's much more effort (time) to make a good post. Like the other guy 90% of my posts here are bait attempts or calling people faggots.

and when is the site going to be up REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

But then it got deleted, dont you like civ more :^) ???

8/pol/ just fucked /tech/ it was the best board for a while and just started getting more and more retarded as time went on. /tech/ when it first started was great. Everything was about open source, everyone was working on things, irc had constant bantz.

well at least the page is running now

And now /tech/ has threads about shit like making a nazi flag emoji and a significant amount of threads are just people asking for security/privacy related tech support when they should be asking those questions in the sticky.

Surely, our gayming hardware review board is better, amirite?

Have you ever been to /tech/ recently? It's gone so far down hill that Sup Forums is seriously better.

kekd

what channel is it, isn't the irc server down too?

#lainchan on freenode, it's temporaray

thanks

for anyone wondering how kalyx accessed the site

F

yeah it is
what do you expect for a faghouse built by a nigger

terminally asshurt communist fandom crybaby

you deserve every neetsoc

>lainzine is a different nearly failed story
What happened? I liked that series

Mainstream social media websites are already made to best fit your narrow-minded agenda, so what is wrong with an alt-right website when you can spread your ideas elsewhere? :^)