/nuclear/

Nuclear power technology is technology too.

Even if cheap gas and renewable subsidies is killing nuclear in America, it is still flourishing in Asia, especially Korea, which boasts quick construction times and low capital costs for nuclear power projects.

This is the reactor unit of the nuclear power ship Akademik Lomonosov, designed to provide power to remote arctic communities in Russia.

Post nukes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Barakah NPP, UAE, built with Korean tech.

A soviet mobile nuclear tank

The chernobyl unit 2 reactor hall, which produced power until 2000

The Oma NPP in Aomori prefecture under construction in a tent

Oddly enough, the construction was continued after the disaster instead of halted

I don't have anything to contribute but I'm gonna bump this thread because nuclear power is the shit yo

The Embalse NPP, in Argentina

The Embalse CANDU produces a sizable portion of the world's Cobalt-60 supply.

That's the spirit!

>tfw training to operate navy nuclear plants

i have no idea what im doing.

The NR-1 submarine, it's water-shielded, trashcan-sized reactor made it dangerous for divers and to nearby bystanders if the submarine were to become unsubmerged.

You're splitting the hot rocks

Springfield Nuclear Power Plant

stop believing and falling for globalist propaganda heavy water cooled reactors are inherently dangerous and bad if you want to talk about lead-bismuth reactors thats fine, but don't be a globalist cuck

Fusion energy when?

Bitches don't know about my CANDU

looks like alien ship

uses heavy water and therefore sucks dick, also I like how you were non stop posting till I called you on your fucking bullshit and you instantly shut up for almost an hour, so you more than likely could go read up on how fucking wrong you are

The problem with using heavy water as a moderator is that it's expensive. Only goddamn Canadians who can't afford to enrich uranium use it

My best hope and wishes for thorium-based nuclear power

If well maintained I think nuclear power is the absolute way we should be moving. But its not something you can halfass, I've done contracting work on lots of nuclear reactors, some good, some not as good, and the difference is astronomical. Just in terms of random radiation bursts and whatnot (my job obviously requires a geigercounter when working around radiation, there are definitely spikes in radiation levels almost randomly whether at reactors or nuclear waste dump sites). The good plants can keep reusing like 99.9% of their "waste" or something ridiculous like that and basically keep going forever.

On the other hand if our governments (I'm canadian, but we're basically tied to everything the US does) decided to go large scale and just bare minimum it like everything else they do, there will lots of disasters and lots of deaths. I've seen how government operated plants/reactors/dams/etc work, its straight up terrifying and I absolutely hate going to those sites, private companies are the only way to go. I'd rather have them burning coal or raw oil than see them go full nuclear without doing it properly. Well maintained reactors can last forever, poorly managed/maintained reactors end up like chernobyl

Never. It's like Falcon Heavy, always 40 years away.

How is Westinghouse bankruptcy doing?
Do they still hope to complete those 4 new reactors?

I said heavy water is bad you fucking mongol learn to read, your gonna need it if you plan on researching this stuff

Someone post ITER pictures. This shit is on another level.

ITER is definitely cool, but still not enough. It'll only be good enough by PROTO, so around 2060 (They say 2050 and beyond, but this is so complicated you can't really know). Pic related is JET, not ITER

Yeah well it's bad, but not THAT bad.

yes, it is, there are and have been for a very very long time better mediums to suspend the fuel in the fact you think heavy water is acceptable is showing your newness

that was literally my only post itt you fucking dick slobbering cock goblin

The Z machine(pic related), which is already built, can probably produce a little bit more than break even.

It's basically a matter of putting fuel into it. We haven't done this because:
A) it was never designed to do fusion, so there are no concerns for dealing with radioactive tritium gas
B) it has to be free to do secret nuclear stockpile maintenance experiments

It's already built, we could see if it works if we just put fuel in.

Oh and that lightning is not supposed to happen and the japs hate this machine

Then fucking educate me asshole, don't just say something is bad without any evidence

What's this? Looks very cool.

>which boasts quick construction times and low capital costs
As long as that doesn't mean that they're building cheap shit prone to accidents... That would damage the image of nuclear power even further.

>ITER
>$1 Billion yearly budget, from a consortium of 35 (mostly 1st world) countries
I don't think it's so surprising that the project is taking forever.

I already stated what the superior alternative is, learn to read you fucking mongol

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

Have you been living under a rock?

Sup Forums has really good nuclear power threads. That was the last thread I remember making before I stopped going there

Piss off retard