When will the flat UI meme end?

When will the flat UI meme end?

flat > glossy

once you end your life

When VR is as ubiquitous as a television.

>moving your entire arm 9 inches to open a program

>tfw all nerds in the future will have super buff arms because they use the computer all day

The day you bother to up your color depth, retard

Hopefully never. Graphics design these days is easier than ever yet you can charge more.
I redesigned a logo for a large company for $17k USD and it's just a text logo with a circle blob that I designed on my phone in 5 mins. Most gigs I get are around $500 - $2k.
Feels good living the neet, shitposty life with tons of cash.

Flat is practical, sorry.
It gives gui programmers an easy artistic standard to live up to, works on all resolutions (because SVGs), and is easy for normalfags to understand.

I got it off from google image retard.

Can you recreate this picture but with the word meme instead?

>easy for normalfags to understand.
>windows 8

>Votnet

I want to go back when windows was

A E S T H E T I C

Seriously i miss aero so fucking much.

that looks like outdated garbage. thankfully the world isn't as retarded as Sup Forums is

I think it looks great

>I think it looks great

Skeuomorphism was a mistake. Flat design is a response to the excesses of 3d crap.

Aero looks fucking terrible

Tablets cause that.

Vivaldi not botnet confirmed

It's not 3D, it's glossy crap. And I love it.

>muh modern minimalism

kys fucking millennial faggots i bet you like modern art bullshit too.

This particular design? When all of you retarded faggots stop buying windows.

stop giving mac and ios a bad name with all of your hopscotch and buttery nougat caramel frosting crap

Vista Aero looks great, Windows 7 Aero was a massive downgrade.

Funny enough, that skeuomorphism bullshit looks closer to modern art garbage than the flat tile design.

>liking shit that obviously looks old shows my peer group how interesting i am

I'm sick and tired of all flat bullshit, not just windows.

But windows is the worst offender.

When microsoft stops designing UIs in PowerPoint.

Shills spotted

This x100.

I'm not even a huge fan of how Win7 looks (was always more fond of XP myself), but this nu-age trash needs to end fucking yesterday. It's getting to the point where it's infecting the entire web, to where you can't just opt out of it by using a better OS or theme (save for custom CSS, but honestly who has the time for that). On that note, why is it that modern websites are so fucking poorly optimized, even when they have the most minimal fucking lazy numale-esque graphics? And on top of that, everything's in some fucking ridiculous 72 point font (sans-serif usually, too), and laid out so you have to scroll the entire page just to read another goddamn buzzword. I don't want to hear you suck your own dick I just want to fucking read information. Before long, I bet every website will just forgo text and communicate everything in fucking hieroglyphic emojis for the sake of holding the attention span of normies. I'm this close to just browsing the web with Lynx.

It will end in a few years when people think up the next fad, and then about a decade from now the flat UI meme will come back.

Fuck off gramps.

I'm 18.

If I'm gramps, you're a fetus.

I'm 20 and i think the same as him you have shit taste kid.

Oh, so you're just a contrarian hipster that hates everything that's in, just like every 16-20 year old.
I bet you guys have used Thinkpads as well.

No. If normal, non-minimalistic graphics were 'in', I'd be fine with that. Have you ever considered that popular opinion also just happens to usually be complete shit?

>Have you ever considered that popular opinion also just happens to usually be complete shit?
Thanks for proving my point. Yet you have the nerve to call anyone else "kid".

You might want to try KDE

Then your "point" is schizophrenic. Let me get this straight: I'm just a contrarian hipster (putting aside the fact that "hipster" just as easily applies to the starbucks drinking lumberfags who code these horrendous websites I'm talking about), and I hate everything that's popular, and you admit that popular is synonymous with bad, yet I'm still at fault for acknowledging that fact?

Are you saying that I should like bad things for the sake of not triggering people like you by seeming too contrarian?

Windows and Mac are the same level of faggotery, so don't try to pretend that macfags are any better.

Are you fucking kidding me

Flat UI is great, windows implemented it horribly though. Buttons are literally 40x the size of the label. It's like they are parodying themselves.

Isn't Micro$oft planning to bring back Aero aesthetics in a future win10 update?

I can't read this sentence without hearing Carl.

I'm still using w7 with classic theme, there is norhing to miss, faglord

>I'm still using w7 with classic theme

Do you hate yourself or something ?

might as well move to w10.