techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did anyone NOT upgrade to XP?

and nothing of value was lost

F

(i heard post service pack was good)

Windows 10 is Vista with a new skin and more botnet

i never used vista, i just stuck with xp then moved to 7

I kept with it until SP1, and it didn't fix anything. The patches before made it somewhat usable, but that was it. Moving back to XP was like night and day.

Windows 10 is faster than 7, though.

rip windawz vista
you will not be missed

>Windows 10 is faster than 7, though.
What specifically is faster?

This is an old review:
techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page3.html

So results good be pretty wrong because of how old this review is, but it looks like for actual usage like 7zip and browsers that 8.1 > 7 > 10 except in glorious microsoft edge.

All the results seemed pretty insignificant though.

More specifically I'm asking if Windows 10 has improved a lot and is now even faster or if it's still pretty much the same.

Yes, I got Vista on a computer that was actually capable of running it shortly after its release and it was a wonderful OS.

>Windows 10 is Vista with a new skin
That doesn't make any sense, Vista was good.

I had an X2 5200+ with 2GB and a 10k Raptor and it was annoyingly slow. 1:30 to boot when XP would boot in 15 seconds. The UI was sluggish, too, whereas everything was instantaneous in XP.

Can someone explain to me why this version of windows was terrible?

Worked fine on my Core2 Duo with 2GB RAM and a Deathstar HDD

Slow, shitty drivers, and wasn't particularly stable. Wasn't particularly unstable, but less stable than XP.

Many used it on computers it simply should not have been installed on.

Got so many BSOD's on vista it was fucking terrible on my old laptop. I'm glad it's fucking sunk.

Good riddance, Vista. Fuck off.

>but less stable than XP.
But more capable.

this. vista was horrible. the worst from xp with the looks of win7.

I bet your only experience with it is on some P4 shitbox with 512MiB RAM

I remember having this classmate that installed vista on his computer, he was pretty much the teacher favorite so he was the only one allowed to install games and stuff on the school computers.

I got back home, trying to download and install vista on my computer just to find out that it was 1GB, trying to download that with 2000’s speed was pretty much imposible for me so I ended up installing the Zune XP dark theme and a vista wallpaper.

Years later I found out vista was actually shit and updated to 7.

Does that really matter when it wouldn't even run, and even if it did, nothing was compatible?

Vista eventually became usable, but at that point, it's rep was damaged beyond all repair.

>it's rep was damaged beyond all repair.
Irrelevant. An operating system's reputation has absolutely nothing to do with how good an OS really is. Vista is the shining example of this.

>an entire other OS was born and died and im still using XP

Vista was a steaming pile when it first released though, and that is all that really matters.

Sleep tight sweet prince.

Tfw Vista was last good Windows free of spyware botnet.

Because OEM are fucking jews. They slapped "VIsta Capable" stickers on everything and shipped it on Core Solo shitboxes with 512mb RAM. In addition. manufacturers were lazy fucks with drivers, when Vista came with a completely new driver architecture. Old printer/fax/modem broke completely. and even graphic driver took a while to get updated.

XP was garbage when it came out compared to 2000 and didn't git gud until at least SP1a, but Vista had the unfortunate fate of being released right at the start of the social media age.

upgrades roadmap: XP -> 7 -> 8.1 -> ?

Nothing of value was lost today

Hasta la vista!

I thought it was not secure to still be on XP?

It's not, but that user is a "Power user" and knows what he's doing. You wouldn't understand.

I never really understood why people hated it so much. I worked somewhat well enough and had some nice functionality like 7.

I liked vista simply for the fact that is was a retard check. Yes it came out of the box a pile of shit and that was especially true for games. With just a few tweaks and registry changes it was pretty great.

But retards couldn't handle that.

It wasn't. Prebuilts of the time were all using the shittiest integrated GPUs available though, and Aero slowed them to a crawl. As such, new Vista systems were functionally slower than older XP ones, which tanked its reputation right off the bat. It also had a fuckton of bugs at launch, which didn't help.

Running on capable hardware and patched up, it's essentially Windows 7 with a different theme.

Actually it is secure, kind of, he still can get updates to 2019 though

Don't kid yourself, XP was never very secure to begin with, security updates or no.

Ikr that's why i said "kind of"

>Vista was good
What is this bizarro world or are you just underaged?

The requirements for 7 are the same as vista.
7 itself is a fucking glorified service pack to vista.
The only actual difference between vista and 7 is the nt kernel, which vista turned into managed and 7 rolled back to monolithic