I'm a hipster NodeJS developer but NodeJS isn't swag anymore and I want to jump on other bandwagon

I'm a hipster NodeJS developer but NodeJS isn't swag anymore and I want to jump on other bandwagon.

Which one should I choose? Go or Elixir.

Other urls found in this thread:

nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/go.html
gobyexample.com/
gobyexample.com/goroutines
pastebin.com/raw/CTpxs2vq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

H A S K E L L
A
S
K
E
L
L

Framework/language bandwagoning makes me want to just exit this industry entirely, buy a house in my hometown, and rent a room out to cover my minimal expenses. Community swings are downright ADHD behavior.

That said I enjoy golang, but I don't do any frontend work.

i said i'm a hipster not an autist

Go is faster growing and has more job prospects

t. someone who just finished a contract

Elixir is neat but kinda slow and has a small ecosystem.

Go is just utter trash don't use it. You may be able to get a job with it but you'll be riding the popularity wave. It's only popular because Google made it.

Go is better than Java or C++, that's for sure.

t. Pajeet

Go is also slower than Java

Go's fine, it's unimpressive natures belies its true genius. That is; steering utter trash programmers away from producing horrible, unmaintainable messes, which is far too easy in most languages.

Go and Elixir are memes. Go with something more battle tested with like Spark.

Go is like a high quality, crisp and clean, rocksolid programmable nginx.

And while you wait 10 minutes to compile your 214 0.1 alpha crates to cobble together a shabby web server in Rust for fedora tipper creds, you could make three imports from the standard library and write a single line of code to get the same shit done in Go.

Lisp is silly parentheses

nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/

Yeah go's compilation time is the only unique/interesting thing about it. Most programs don't actually take that long to compile though, so it's still kind of niche. If you're writing a web server I'd recommend Java.

I'm writing stuff in clojure now and it's ok.

He said Haskell not Java

Go... Fuck yourselves.

>Yeah go's compilation time is the only unique/interesting thing about it.
No, the standard library contains everything you need to write a modern web server, that's the nice thing about it. Google shekels pay to maintain it. All code comes from the same people, so it follows a common style and works well together.

>Most programs don't actually take that long to compile though
Create new Rust program. Add their overengineered command line parser. Now your release builds take 30 seconds to compile. I'm not even kidding. Rinse and repeat. Once you have finished your web server you can go brew coffee while it compiles.

I don't care if the standard library contains everything. I think it's healthy when there's several competing external libraries. They are rarely written in a way that doesn't fit well with the language.

I don't know much about rust but it's still meme tier and I assume they're working on compilation speed still.

i'm leaning towards go desu, can't be fucked learning functional programming

how does go do concurrency as opposed to nodejs event loop.

do i have to fuck around with threads like i do in python? or is there something better

GNO.

Not on most benchmarks

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/go.html

Only unintelligent people post this blog spam

Too brainlet to understand FP? Too bad.

KEK, if you're a JS developer, then first go and learn how to program properly first.

RETARD ALERT

>how does go do concurrency
Everything happens in order unless you prefix a statement with the "go" keyword, which goes off on it's own and allows the rest of the program to continue.

As someone who started with JS, Go's way of doing concurrency is much better. You only use it when you need it.

gobyexample.com/
gobyexample.com/goroutines

Keep reading from there onwards. concurrency is really easy in golang and simple to understand.

just run

go func_name()

and you've just spawned that function off into a child thread.

in a goroutine, not child thread

Common Lisp

yeah, sorry, you're right, goroutine.

.net core

Could you share your .vimrc? How to make vim like that?
Thank you senpai!

>Not developing backend with pure C and frontend with html
Not hipster enought i see

Is there a better or a ""standard"" approach for creating REST apis in Go? In elixir it's pretty easy because of the Phoenix Framework, what about Go?

Backend microservices: C#
Middleware : C#
Frontend:HTML, CSS, JS

Anything else is heresy.

pastebin.com/raw/CTpxs2vq

use tilix as your terminal emulator and tmux as your multiplexer.

>being a microcuck

>Frontend:HTML, CSS, JS

well no shit

The "standard" is pretty lackluster for most REST use cases.
You'd have to build your own URL routing logic on top of the standard library (which uses some strange "pattern" rules) or just use a library (httprouter, gorilla mux).

all the cool kids are going rust

>Vim
Oh, sweetie, no. Please, buy a text editor that will respect the value of your time. You should be using VS Code or Sublime 3, not that terrible piece of software.