When are the i5 and i7 price cuts coming?

When are the i5 and i7 price cuts coming?

Other urls found in this thread:

s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Mar_28_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj6CvBnwNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Using a quad core CPU in 2017 should be punishable by death.

>$350 delidlake twice the price of a 1500X only 10% faster

That's not even a good deal, when the 1400 is even cheaper and can be overclocked to 4.0 like the 1500X

The 1400 only has 8MB L3 cache, whilst the 1500X has the full 16MB, so it'll never be as good.

But then if you're getting a 1500X just add in another $30 and get the 6 core and OC that one to 4.0

Personally the 1600 and 1700 are the only chips I'd buy, because they're insane value

I think that 4c/8t is still ok for most users, 4c/4t is reaching the end of its life for performance.

do we have a reason why the 1400 has 8mb of cache? it's still 2 CCX units right? surely it should have 16mb

Chip harvesting. The 1400s will be dies where part of the L3 cache was faulty.

intel cant afford to make price cuts.
they have billions of dollars being siphoned into diversity programs

Never. Why do you think intel shills are out full force about gaming only benchmarks? /vg/ are the dumbest kind of folk out there and would fall right for their marketing. Intel knows it, so there is no need to pull prices down.

I feel like at that point a single CCX would perform better, might be worth waiting for the APUs and disabling the GPU for a 4c/4t

>When are the i5 and i7 price cuts coming?

They're not.

Intel had three whole months to respond to the Ryzen 7 launch, and this is what they came up with:

s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_downloads/cpu_price/Mar_28_17_Recommended_Customer_Price_List.pdf

Notice the %Decrease column -- it's completely blank.

The thing that's particularly revealing is that this 03-28 price list is IDENTICAL to the previous 01-03 price list. No new products, or anything. So there was no point for Intel to release the 03-28 price list at all -- meaning that there can be only one purpose of the 03-28 price list: to deliver a very clear and pointed message that Ryzen will not be having any effect on Intel pricing strategy.

Ikr how can intel even compete when they are winning in every benchmark?

I believe Hardware Unboxed did a video and established that using single CCX (4+0) vs 2+2 CCX is negligible in performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhj6CvBnwNk

>4c/4t is reaching the end of its life for performance.

That's true for the upper half of the desktop market. But for the lower half of the desktop market, 4c/4t will be just fine for years to come. Remember that at least 50% of all desktops are basically Facebook machines (or MS Word machines, if it's a work computer) -- where the price difference between a $325 desktop and a $350 desktop is actually quite important to sales volume.

Actually, the most important factor now in the lower half of the desktop market is the on-chip video performance, since we're starting to see the roll-out of 4K monitors and 4K content.

I know that most of you guys don't care about this segment of the market, but it's where most of the money is made -- and, hence, where most of the action is, from a business perspective.

the advantage of 1 CCX is that you don't have to deal with the infinity fabric speed bullshit with RAM speeds. plus, there will be less CPU touching the heat speader with 1 CCX, so the binned cores of the 2 CCX units might have an issue with soaking up and holding heat from the operating cores.

Intel doesn't lower prices, period.

This. This is why a new i7-4790k still costs $350. Intel never lowers prices, even at the very end of the CPU's life.

What's the cheapest APU that will be coming out?

I need to replace a Phenom II X3 720 rig I built for my parents like 8 years ago.

Will the new APUs be significantly faster than that machine?

How long before i7-7700K for $170?

Try ebay/craiglist in 2 years

They don't remove the CCX just to make 4 core CCX model. All chips start as 1800X and get binned lower due to faulty cores or to meet demand. Either way the unused cores just get lasered so that they don't work. Basically all current ryzen models are the same chip with lower tiers having disabled cores, but they still physically exist on the die.

what about naples?

the APUs are single CCX

APUs and Naples server processors are not out yet so its just all speculation regarding them.

APUs are most likely a single CCX cut and tied with Vega IGPU using infinity fabric. Naples is going to be 2 Zeppelins (name of the 2 CCX complex) in a single substrate (package).

>intel
>price cuts

user .. I got some bad news.

4c/4t i5 and 4c/8t i7 line is dead with this launch. Coffee lake will have 4c/8t i5s and 6c/12t i7s