youtube.com/watch?v=lmmoFdCtDLg
youtu.be/mIxlql0Ebnc
rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=177896
watchguy.co.uk/service-omega-seamaster-chronograph-178-0515-calibre-3303a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Seikos are shitters

Second for plaidposting.

see
Let us please not go back to the early 2000's where everybody was running around with 42mm+ aviator watches. The douche factor was off the charts. Ostentatious pieces of shit.

FUCK ARCHIE LUXURY

HE'S A LOSER POORFAG WATCHED BY OTHER LOSER POORFAGS

Are asian gfs required to be a true watch enthusiast archie?

Quality post

I'd like to get to clear up early in the thread that HOMOS watches are not welcomed.

youtube.com/watch?v=lmmoFdCtDLg

archiefags blown the fuck out

Why would you own a replica?

A homage yes, even a homage that looks exactly the same as what it's homaging.

But when you put that fake logo on it just proves that you're a poser that wants the watch, not because you like the design, but because you want to pose.

>Why would you own a replica?

*Counterfeit

Be sure to report all counterfeit watch postings and links for illegal content as it violates international copywrite laws.

See

Why are replica classic cars appreciated among car enthusiasts but replica watches among watch enthusiasts are hated?

I agree with a lot of that. Mountain Jews are inflating their prices for watches that are 80% maid in China.

So that's why I buy Japanese and Chinese watches.

That still doesn't excuse buying a fake.

Here are the simple facts: Nomos are literally the first new company to develop the capacity to design and manufacture mechanical movements including escapements on a series production basis since the 1960s. They join Vostok, Orient, Citizen, Seiko, ETA and Rolex as the only non haute horlogerie companies capable of this.

Developing this capability took a several year and ~12 million Euro investment in escapements and a further ~2 million Euro investment in designing the ultra-thin DUW 3001 calibre. These are enormous investments from a company with an annual sales volume of 10,000 - 20,000 units, and as a result must necessarily be reflected in increased unit prices.

In an affordable luxury watch market heavily dominated by Chinese-cased ETA-powered marketing-driven shitters, any watchmaker that makes the investments required to become a manufacture and actually increase the technical diversity of series produced mechanical movements should be applauded no matter whether you like the aesthetics of their product line. To the extent that Nomos succeeds by following this path, it may serve to encourage more investment in the technical aspects of watchmaking by other companies rather than just investing in more value engineering (i.e. cost-cutting) and more advertising.

Just in the last 10 years we have gone from a $1,000-$4,000 market where every single watch was powered by an ETA movement to one where you can now choose between ETA, Tudor, Nomos, and Seiko (8rXXs, 8LXXs). How can this development be regarded as bad for people interested in horology, regardless of whether you would personally buy any of those watches yourself? If only Miyota and Seiko would add micro-adjuster models to their ebauche offerings and Tudor would begin to use their in-house movement in more models, we could return to an era of real competition in movements in production watches not seen since the glory days of the 1970s.

My Type A Flieger is 40mm... It's tiny.

Too big for your, and most people's, wrists.

how old is this pasta btw

You need a man sized Flieger

Honestly you can buy a lot of guns for the price of a rolex and it will be a better investment. Except cheap ar-15s since the price keeps dropping

>mfw i paid 700 for a ruger ar 556 and now it can be had for 500

I heard that lots of gun stores stocked up on guns because they expected panic buy when Hillary won.

But then she didn't win and gun sales have gone down. Meaning a lot of unsold guns.

reeee man on the meme is so fucking good

Why is it $3,000 reee I'm poor

Pretty much. I did the same thing. Got ripped off on my ar and ak, but it was a gamble. Prices would have risen if she won, because her rapist husband banned both those guns for 10 years. Looking forward to ammo pricess falling

It's really not, the dial fisher price tier looking cheap plastic. Ugly as sin.

>buying whole AR instead of just getting a lower and assembling your own

That's your problem right there.

If it was $600 it would be worth the money though, that's what I'm saying.

A couple of months, tops. I wrote it so I'd have a quick and easy copypasta antidote to the mindless anti-Nomos shitposting.

True enough

lol another fgt on the old thread criticised it for looking too small.

I disagree that it's ugly

I do agree that it's overpriced

I think with the new reference number and the new meme box this comes in, it retails something like $6250

This is a max 4000$ watch retail

Still really nice, but you're a dumb punter if you buy one new anyway

eh guns are just as hard to make a return on as watches. especially dime a dozen ARs.

You should buy a gun or buy a watch because you want the gun or the watch.

invest if you want to invest but don't try to justify purchases by calling them "investments"

>Why would you own a replica?

It's cheaper than a homage

>$4,000
>For a cam actuated, manual winding, non-hacking chronograph with a Chinese bracelet

Because there is no good homage to the Speedmaster.

>Cam actuated

Really? Even China does column wheels.

Aren't their cal 7550 speedies with automatic movements and hacking though?

They're even cheaper on the used market than the manual wind non hacking ones too.

There are no replica watchmakers, save rare exceptions that are generally not available for the general public to purchase

I'm just going to copy and past shit I've already said in this threads:

A replica is not where you try and pass off something as the original trying your best to mimic a specific logo or signature. A replica is where you actually, truly, try to replicate something. That means you ultimately need to recreate the manufacturing methods and materials used to make the original the best you can.

Keep in mind there is no reason to replicate a watch currently in production, those are all fakes. Take a look at something like a Rolex Sub. The amount of money it would take to get the tooling required for their 904L steel, get the equipment to make the parachrom hairsprings and to train new staff on all of it, your projection costs for a replica of a modern Rolex would be significantly higher than what it would cost for Rolex to make them, probably even quite a bit higher than simply buying them until you've produced a pretty significant number of units.

In general for replicas of all types: Real replicas that people are putting time and effort into are only of things that have been out of production for a while, and often the original examples are so scare not everyone who wants one can get one, so one or more is used as an example for reverse engineering and then replicas are made from the reverse engineered plan. Some of the completed replicas hit the market, others go straight to museums as many replica projects represent one-off or extremely limited run projects.

For an understanding of what makes a replica a replica, lets take a look an episode of Jay Leno's garage where he shows off his Bugatti Type 35 replica. This is a little different than just buying a fake of a current production luxury watch and then calling it a "replica" as if that was the correct word.
youtu.be/mIxlql0Ebnc

Or the Marie Antoinette swatch built.

There really is nothing special about a non hacking 19 jewel manual wind Chronograph movement.

The meme on the moon is 80% marketing.

Chinks sell a chronograph with same specs for $300 and yeah the speedmaster will have better QC but $2700 worth?

See

>mindless anti-Nomos shitposting
Nomos is popular among those who are driving the decline of the Occident, not because of an innate quality of the watch, but because the watch face fits their fear of self-expression and lack of identity.

>And I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians used some military-grade quality for the electronics just to make sure it works.
Alright, I might get one then. Do the Elektronika watches use some weird Soviet batteries that are really hard to find nowadays?

Does anyone here own a Nomos?

people with stockpiles of ARs are counting on them being banned, then they become gold. kind of sucks prices are down I inherited like 15 I should have unloaded a few before the election.

I'm fairly sure there will not be another Republican in office after this debacle and you will be able to make your money in 4 years or likely less

The Reddit crossposters

What debacle?

Thats the god emperor. 12 more years

Thanks

Thoughts on the Seiko SSC513?

What battery does the Pulsar PW3001 use? It has to be a standard one, if it's proprietary, that's a dealbreaker.

Too big

THESE OVERPRICED SEIKO WATCHES POSTED HERE CAN EASILY BE REPLACED BY CASIO MODELS MADE WITH THE SAME MATERIALS BUT IN QUARTZ FOR 10 TIMES CHEAPER.

STOP FALLING FOR THE MECHANICAL MEME. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

I'm going to buy a watch on July, but I don't know which one to choose:
>VC Overseas
>AP Royal Oak

They are both prices similarly (but I think the overseas is a bit more expensive). My main concern with the AP is that it scratches too easily.

A watch shop should replace your battery for a few euros

I don't like that kinda bullshit though, I just want to be able to pop in a standard battery there myself, especially considering the battery lid is attached with screws.

They're ETA shitters though

Get the motfm, lemania 5100 or pic related if you must be omega chrono

Overseas bra
VC is for honorable Christian men

AP is for gaudy niggers

They're very different looking, but both will be very expensive to service.
Pick the one you feel like having

>FP1285 no-date
Excellent taste

Can't stop won't stop

Now that you mention it, 3303 Omegas are probably the technically best chronographs they make, with a movement based on a high end Piguet 1285 ebauche.

Sup fa/g/s. Just found this thread.

Daily on the top, "date watch" on the bottom.
I'd wear the Seiko all the time! If it kept time. It's about 4 seconds fast a day. The Casio is about 10 seconds slow a month.

fuck

>Loose bracelet

Jordan Belford is that you?

Ive been saving up for a used speedy for about a year now and when I finally have enough money I suddenly want a GS quartz instead.

Went to their boutique yesterday and the polishing blew me away. They didnt have the model I wanted (sbgx061) but I think the quality is the same.
Talk me out of this /wt/.

I like them both, but if I were to spend that much coin on a piece, I reckon I'd choose the Pp nautilus desu

Between the two I'd probably pick the AP

Get the speedy. If you don't like it you can always flip it. Not so easy with a GS.

Keep saving and get a auto GS

This I can fully understand wanting a GS over a MOTFM stylistically but do you really want to spend that much on a quartz?

you could look into something like an oceANUS which both look a wayy nicer than either of those while syncing to atomic time.

>AP Royal Oak

This is the only right answer. Join us.

rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=177896

Get it nigga the 9f caliber is fantastic.

>Replies to a guy with a 12 dollar watch and a used seiko he bought for 40 bucks off ebay
>Ay yo dude go buy a 1500 dollar watch lmao it'll be great

Thanks senpai, I'll just sell my car and get it.

>oceANUS costs more than 500 new
>he doesn't wear the Seiko because it 'looses time,' but instead just wears another watch that looses time.
If you prefer quartz over mechanical because it keeps better time, you better have one that actually keeps time well. Like the one our resident quartz GS owner has.

Orient makes best value watches. Love my ray.

Nah Rolex make the best value watches.

Supposedly they ran into a few issues, and it's not equal to the 1185. But still, given the price point of every watch based on the 1185 it should be good value

There were a number of part upgrades, which should all be done if the watch was serviced at AD/by Omega after 2009.

Haven't compared it to the 1185, but it's vastly superior in timekeeping and feel to the MOTFM 1861

Nah, Christopher Ward does.

LOL

Why are you quoting him as misspelling loses when he didn't even use that word?

Also, only an idiot would buy an anus.

Why would you buy a speedy that isn't the MOTM?

T I M E X

>Speedy reduced is literally the superior speedy with the best features
>Meme on the moon is still more expensive on the used market

???????????

I was eighteen, told to pick any speedy, and didn't want to have the same watch as my dad

Any speedy that isn't the man on the moon is just an overpriced ETA shitter chronograph with a chinese bracelet.

The meme on the meme at least has heritage.

The subdials are ugly though

Just buy this "speedmaster" for $150

Fuck me dead!

Why don't seagull oil their movements?

Because the Piguet 1285 based Omega 3303 movement is on another planet than the archaic non-hacking, cam actuated, 21,600bph Omega 1861.

They do. It's just gutter oil

Is there a good mechanical chronograph with a stopwatch longer than one hour, preferably up to 24?

One google of Omega 3303 and I get a forum thread full of people complaining about how shit it is.

Read , see watchguy.co.uk/service-omega-seamaster-chronograph-178-0515-calibre-3303a/

and read the thread

POORFAG WATCH THREAD GENERAL

EVERYONE'S POOR YET POSTERS STILL TRY TO BE SNOBS ABOUT THEIR SHIT TIER SEIKOS