Linux is a viable alternative to Windo-

>Linux is a viable alternative to Windo-

macOS doesn't have that problem

-ws

>what is qt

>have to use KDshit for a fucking feature Windows has had since the start of the century

>using GTK or QT ever
>not just using Wayland with XWayland
filepickers are retarded anyways

>still doesn't have a file picker 13 years later
>They're stupid anyway! I don't want one!

what is the point, I just drag and drop from a file manager, it's not that important

Kde is basically windows desktop for linux WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

GNOME just wants to do some thing you happen not to like. Stop being an entitled little bitch.

The Qt file picker does not support thumbnails. You're thinking of kdialog.

>Nautalus
Makes me glad I use Dolphin with Kde. Gnome is cancer and is a waste of effort.

Are you implying that is in any way acceptable?

>Edit

>2004-04-26
Whoever made the picture went through the trouble of enlarging the date and you retards still don't know that this is an old issue. How about you try using the system before criticizing it, it is free after all

ITT: Linux apologists. You're as bad as the "Mac doesn't need right-click" crowd.

What about it?

>Emoji & Symbols

What's wrong with having a shortcut to characters that are unavailable on your keyboard?

>she doesn't frequently use emoji

>proposal for a new feature
>reported as a bug
I would ignore it too.

Fuck gtk and FUCK gnome, fucking hipsters. They're too busy giving everything shit redesigns and removing good features to do things that would actually be useful

what's right about it user?
>she

The fact that there are characters your keyboard doesn't have.

yes, she

>I-I don't need it anyways!

؜No it isn't.

>>Linux is a viable alternative to Windo-

WTF is anyone using Nautilus for?

Use the superior Dolphin file manager, and enjoy full support for thumbnails in all KDE apps.

They don't.

Yes, yes it is if you aren't autistic or retarded.

Don't worry, I bet Windows 11 will display ads instead of thumbnails

don't assume my gender user

>using emojis ever

Who said anything about using emojis?

But macos is unusable shit anyway. Unless your computer usage doesn't expand further than browsing facebook.

your dumb

>spewing bullshit about things you've never tried

>pepe as a thumbnail
that was a nice touch

>doesn't have a file picker
This is the current state of Sup Forums

Tbh I don't entirely blame them. I used to, but have you ever actually tried developing a GUI program under linux? Holy fucking shit lol.
It's not for no reason that basically all commercial software shuns linux like the plague.

This thread again.
:^(

Open nautilus
Use thumbnail view
Drag the meme you want onto the file box
Done
>wayland is a graphical toolkit

I know lol, I made that thread too. I just love seeing these lincuck faggots defend their broken OS lol.

Mac has right click and Linux has a working file picker. The problem is retards who refuse to use them

I seriously hope you don't use Windows

Linuxfag here, let me give you the most proper and shameless explanation. I hope you will understand.
>Why are there no thumbnail in file explorer
Because it's written in C. The file chooser widget is written in GTK+, which is one of the most popular C's GUI library. People know about this already.
>Why hasn't this been fixed
As a software developer, I would not touch obsolete POS language such as C, let alone GTK.
For me, it's easier to develop something else rather than fucking with obsolete featureless languagelet like C(ancer). Using C for anything but micro controllers and kernels is pants on head retarded, specially GUI. GUI is MEANT for Object Oriented Programming and C doesn't have that level of sophistication. Developing in C is literally a worthless timesink because C does not have anything to offer but timesink: C has no templates, operator overloading, exception handling, type checks, runtime checks, constructors, lazy evaluations, monads and the list goes on. If you are not hacking the very language itself with macros shitting all over the source files you wouldn't trivial things such as get function overloading.
C does not have exception handling. It's meant for 80's computing and the projects that are written in C are unironically stuck in the 80's: like GTK+
Even after you have gone through the agony of using a language that is a disservice to the intelligent programmers (Linus doesn't count, he's on a different level and not everyone is Linus), you have to worry about memory safety.
C is not memory safe. As if the timesink development was not enough pain, you have to test your program for possible security vulnerability. When K&R came up with C, it was an ancient time. C's priority was being able to produce binaries that can run in an 800MHz processor with 64MiB RAM that can fit into floppies. Security was NOT a concern.

Coincidentally, KDE file chooser has thumbnails and guess what language it's written in: it's C++.

Ban C

>that can run in an 800MHz processor with 64MiB RAM

that's a fucking supercomputer back in the 70s

Dude xD Windows 9 is the shit!