archlinux.org/download/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/make.conf#CONFIG_PROTECT
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/Tools
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks doc

a thread died for this

slackware.com/getslack/

>tfw can install Gentoo but can't get anything working after that

You need a god damn PhD in CS to fix all the emerge errors.

>tfw installed gentoo on my first try, rarely get errors, and when I do they usually come from upstream fuckups and are fixed by literally doing nothing.

Git gud.

hehehe I understood what you were referring to

solus-project.com/download/

Underrated post
Give Calculate Linux a try then.

this

Seeing that Sup Forums is essentially Sup Forums's watercooler nowadays; good.

Thank you based emerge, portage and USE flags, you are my God.

FUCK
OFF
KEVIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN !!!!!!!

Use your use flags in make.conf file and read this: wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:Knowledge_Base Portage tells you what to do.
You don't install Gentoo from Gentoo liveCD, use ubuntu or more lightweight distro with gparted and web browser to have smooth experience.

archlinux.org/download/

pfffffff

Damned memester devs can't even implement UEFI support to the minimal installation CD

Every week there are a lot of users trying to install it and get confused

>using the UEFI botnet
>any year

stick to windows then faggot.

Its literally trivial to resolve accidental partial upgrades. You just set your resolution depth higher and walk away.

>tfw get Gentoo installed
>but can't get KDE to work

I had this weird issue where UEFI booting wouldn't work on the CD but it works on the DVD, so I had to set the boot partitions from that DVD after doing everything else on the CD.

desu systemrescuecd is a much better installation media for gentoo, heck even ubunutu live usbs are as you can keep shitposting while you build the system to the point you can just boot to it and keep on shitposting

getfedora.org

Fuck off granpa

Fuck off, I'm 18 and I used gentoo for the past 2 years.
Git gud noob

Well it did generally tell you what was wrong but I lost patience pretty soon myself desu.

I'd already spent hours waiting to get the basic system installed, I just wanted to at least get X going with some wm and so on without having to add a hundred lines to some config file to allow the installation.

Figured it wasn't going to be fun or particularly beneficial so I just uninstalled and went back to Fedora.

Also wtf was up with portage asking me "Do you want to add these changes to your config file" (or something along those lines)

I could answer yes all the time and do the refresh thingy but it did not change anything? They should really make that message more desprictive of what it actually means, just really misleading to make a fresh user think that it can make things work for you, hen it actually doesn't.

Probably something to do with the CONFIG_PROTECT environment variable.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/make.conf#CONFIG_PROTECT

I think you need tools to merge/update your config files.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/Tools

I try to get a DE meta package going and install VirtualBox guest additions but the 2 things have different x11 libs blocking each other that can't be installed at the same time or something. I've tried installing them in different orders but that's usually where I get frustrated and my Gentoo adventures end.

Fucking blocked packages man.