Today Windows Vista is officially dead

Press S to spit on its grave

theverge.com/2017/4/11/15241580/microsoft-windows-vista-end-of-support

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Microsoft Office 2007
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I hate you all
What does that have to do with Vista?

Also, how can I scale the Windows 10 touch keyboard?

Windows 10 is a pile of shit

> I hate you al
How dare you, you just invaded my safe space
Im literally shaking right now.
THIS is Trump's America

vista is the most comfy edition of windows. love it.

I got a free tablet from a raffle.

Al, pls go.

It was released before its time. It didn't work very well on the hardware OEMs were bundling with it (they loaded vista on machines designed for xp).

Poorfag with < 1GB RAM detected

Press F

No

rip
it was a revolution
good nite aero prince ;-;7

t. butthurt 512MB RAM Pentium 4 Vista Basic user

Vista was officially dead when 7 launched.

t. Vista fanboy

>Vista is even faster than 7 guys!!1 I'm super serious

Finally! God, why did it take them so long?

>implying I am comparing to Windows 7

It was DOA.

If you're a true Vista fanboy you would've eventually

؜ F F F

Fuck off faggot. Vista was incredible for its time period. Much nicer looking and useful than "Fisher Price" XP.

RIP Vista 2006/7-2017. Thank you for your service.

> dat logo tho

I'm still using XP here.

What was so useful about it? Was it useful for seeing how quickly paint dried in comparison to it starting, shutting down and even emptying the Recycle Bin?

What was so useful about 7? Was it useful for... uh... it's exactly the same as Vista...

Maybe if you had shit hardware like this, then yes, that's what you experienced.

Vista failed because OEMs were stupid enough to preinstall Vista on shitty ass computers, like this one, which angered everyone. It wasn't Vista's fault.

Windows XP was incredibly popular while Windows Vista was in its prime. It held 70% of the PC market when Vista was released in early 2007. Schools, businesses and government offices loved it.

lol no, that's a meme. Nobody bought a P4 with Vista on it, and nobody installed it on their P4 for anything other than testing.

I had it on a Core 2 Duo with 3GBs of RAM and it was still as slow as balls.

Really? Huh. I had a Dell Inspiron 1525 with a Core 2 Duo and 3GB of RAM and I had a blast with Vista.

Funny enough I had the exact same laptop. It was responsive, but slow at booting, shutting down tried to murder the hard drive constantly.

I put XP on it and it was bliss. 7 also ran very well.

Have you tried W10? It actually performs quite nicely under W10, and Windows Update downloads all drivers without you having to do anything, and yes, there are Intel Graphics Media Accelerator drivers for W10 which is kinda nice.

Why would I spit on the best remotely modern Windows version's grave

I don't like Windows 10 at all, but I'm not surprised it runs well and has a proper driver available.

vista wasnt so bad after the initial hiccup

still better than 8 and 10

I'd sooner install ME than that hump of garbage.

b..but I liked Vista, senpai.
Also: I'm triggered now.

My sister had a computer with a tri core AMD CPU with 3GB of ram, I fell in love with computers using Vista, that time for me was great.

Microsoft Office 2007 died today too, fám.

SSSSS
SS SS
SS SS
SS SS
SS
SS
SS
SS
SS SS
SS SS
SS SS
SSSSS

No it didn't.

Office 2007 is supported until October 2017: support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Microsoft Office 2007

>tfw still running vista

I can't be bothered to install windows 7 so I'm just going to wait until something breaks.

Probably a day-zero being slapped in your face.

Goodnight my dear, you weren't the best but you did the job required.

Close your eyes and rest, you've earned it.

;_;7

S

Oh please, who the fuck has ever been protected by a "Windows Update" that fixes these "zero day exploits"?

Hey anons saw you guys post this in my Vista appreciation thread.

OP is a retard. R.I.P to Vista, an OS truly ahead of its time.

F

Vista is good for two reasons

the interface was gorgeous and practical (XP was just functional, nothing was visually stimulating about it) and it was a stepping stone to 7, I can't tell you enough how good 7 is

bad reception most likely came from UAC and the OS being ran on less than stellar hardware, but once you disable all the notifications and stop using a Pentium 4/Celeron and go beyond 1GB of RAM it's good