WHERE IS VEGA?!!!!!!

WHERE IS VEGA?!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE
youtube.com/watch?v=0L12B_YupK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just wait

Just wait

but i have an unopend 1080ti which i stepped up to from a 1080 and don't want to open it because if vega is better i wanna sell the 1080ti and buy vega. so now i'm sat here with an old 970 and can't play at 4k anymore REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AMD is in absolute PANIC after nvidia lowered their prices. Now nvidia is both faster AND cheaper. They're desperately trying to figure out how to make Vega relevant again, maybe even considering selling it at a loss just to save the company name

The wait fags are out in full force today huh

ryzen got destroyed. nvidia and intel have shown they have the ability to smack AMD so hard into the ground that you can never see them again

Right here amigo.
Let my beauty intoxicate you.

indeed, including intel waitfags.

I thought that the rebrandeons were coming out today.

I waiting on vega as well it woun't be for ages because amd is slow as balls as usual but as long as its not under profroming at lauch I'll be happy

all it has to do is beat a 1080 and i'm sold.

>coming soon™

>Vega
>rebrand
you keked me right in my kok kakakakaka

He's whining about the RX500s

Why are people whining anyway? They seem to be clocked significantly higher than the 480's, meanwhile the 1060 competition is there to stay, and besides the Pascal refresh in some few months at higher clocks, Nvidia isn't releasing anything new until Q2 2018

I wasns't whining. I'm actually interested since vega is probably gonna be outside my price range.

I call them rebrandeons because that's what they are, not because i'm dissing them.

(you)

i hope it flops, i fucking waited long enough.
gtx 1080 is good enough whatever amd later bitch

>They seem to be clocked significantly higher than the 480's

Because you shills use this shit to bitch about nvidia 24/7.

But hey, it's okay when AMD does it.

since there were no Rx5xx launching along with Ryzen 5, I believe it's safe to assume that they'll come out together with Prey.

That would leave Vega for Computex at the 30th may or later...

T-that's fine, my HD8570 will hold out for a few months longer

They said 2nd half. Is it July yet?

its coming out in 7 days

june is last month of the 2nd quarter, july is the first of the 3rd quarter

so wait.
why kaby lake x?

will VEGA out-perform 1080 ti

Just Wait

>reducing prices
>implies panic

Keep calm and just wait.

>WHERE IS VEGA?

>amdrones have to resort to unlabeled graphs
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>They waited since May 2016 while everyone else enjoyed games with GTX 1080

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS

no

it will out perform the regular 1080 for 1070 prices

Sometimes I think that amd engineers are working on Narnia.
So when they come out of the closet barely any IRL time has passed
Do not forget that ryzen was announced 3 years ago.

Nah

The graph is sourced, dumbass.

you called?

>ryzen was announced three years ago
Eh, no.
Development of the Zen product was announced three years ago.
Go and have a look at how long it takes a fully new arch to be made by other companies. Intel had prototype demo units of Sandy Bridge before Nehalem was released to consumers, and SB was launched three years after that proto.

WHERES WALLY?

So they can jew you out of 300 sheckels for a new HEDT motherboard for 100 extra MHz and housefire levels of TDP

Chances are Vega is just going to be better price to performance while still underperforming with Pascal by an 80% margin.

just want 1070 performance for €300-350

1080 performance for 1070 sounds good and all, but nvidia will probably just drop their prices if that's the case.

I won't buy Vega because there is no point in doing it for me due to performance, unless a GPU gives me at least 100% performance increase over my old one, then I won't upgrade.

Where does the 1080Ti stand at the moment in comparison to the Fury X? 40% better performance? If I'm not wrong it's even less.
So yeah, I will probably wait 2 or 3 more years until I replace my Fury X.

Even by the lowest of low estimates Full Vega is going to be 10-15% faster than a 1080.
That's just from assuming only a clockspeed increase over a FuryX, since Vega and Fury have the same hardware count.

I am quite confident that full Vega is going to be a 1080ti-class competitor. There's a hell of a lot of new stuff and revamped stuff that would make the performance more than just a clock bump. I'll also add that we know the die size is larger than GP102 and, from historical comparison, GCN will use more power than similar Nvidia products.

I kinda want vega to fail because I want an X34
Any chance of a not curved to shit 100hz freesync IPS 3440x1440 coming out anytime soon?

Chances are also it it's worse than expected draw more power and have aweful driver issues
It's like they never released fury or other fucked shit.

I really miss the old days when I had one 5970. At that time and knew how to make gpus

lost

Anons, I have been waiting for 8 years... are you fucks ever going to tell me to stop or should I keep waiting to upgrade?

>Path of Vega
What's this? The AMD cycle of disappointment.

Wait™

with 4 cores, dual channel and 16 pci lanes...

That is the power of Intel

I think they were aiming for some kind of super OC edition for kaby lake x, while it sounds a bit exciting when we put it like that, the implementation, timing, probably pricing, this artificial tier promotion, mainstream-hedt, almost everything leaves a lot to be desired and makes it too obvious that it's just another money grab for binned chips. Chip lottery success made them jelly and they saw an opportunity there.

I eman, why would they charge 50 dollars premium for an hypothetical 7700k "black edition" when they could charge a 100 dollar premium + another chipset...

God I fucking wish

I have a Dilemma.

I can buy a used gtx1080 for 400usd
or
wait for Another Massive Disappointment in 9 months when Vega releases

wat do

I see literally no changes in my desired price bracket. Maybe they made 600$ card into 550$? I dont give a fuck about those.

>9 months
more like at most 2 since it's stated to be released in the first half of 2017.

Wait for Vega since it comes out in 2-3 months (May/June). The GPU has potential because of its newer architecture and not related to the rebranded 5xx series. Likewise, you'll might see huge improvements with HBM2 and maximized clock speeds.

the Uncertainty is causing me to absolutely fucking hate AMD. JUST FUCKING RELEASE SOMETHING

Get a 1080ti or shut the fuck up, the last thing AMD needs is a failed halo GPU launch with a new architecture since 2011.

Fucking children.

>AMD. JUST FUCKING RELEASE SOMETHING

you asked and the brand new RX5xx series will be coming next week, on april 18th. Thank you for your continued support user.

We are happy to oblige.

Haha

LONGER BIPELINES

Dead in the water.

Can't wait for this thing to launch and ending up being actually worse than a 1070 while costing more just like the garbage Fury lineup, just like all the rx 480 turned out to be literally fucking nothing. People are thinking that this will take on nvidia's higher end stuff and it really cracks me up that they think amd will have this much of a performance gap between their offerings.

>investing in high end monitors when HDR is about to be a thing

literally just wait

This shit is really just fucking insane. Being an AMD fan should literally be listed as a mental disability at this point. How many times absurd shit like this needs to keep happening for these people to get the message already?

They are worse than "year of the linux" fags, jesus christ.

>bought a freesync monitor because Sup Forums told me that "v-vega will release really soon"
>it's been almost an year already
>still no clue whatsoever when it's coming out or if it's even good anyway
>1070s are really cheap now
>could have just gotten the g-sync monitor I wanted and a 1070 instead
>stuck with this shit

Last time I gave the time of the day to this amd cultist HORSESHIT of a place, bunch of shills

>bought a freesync monitor
So you bough a monitor?

>waiting for amd anything

Gee I wonder what will happen this time!

I waited™ for both HD 5xxx and 7xxx. Both were great.

Yeah, one without the g-sync that I wanted and thus ended up throwing my money into the trash to Wait™ for this vaporware of a gpu to come out.

its irritating. im new to building pcs and the last part i need to get is a gpu. i dont like wasting money, and i just want to buy 1 and leave it there for a while. but with amd sites reading like Propaganda and difficulty finding honest comparisons its tricky to know what to trust and whats worth buying. Over the past few months AMD is just Teasing shit constantly without showing anything meaningful. looks like most of their stuff doubles as Space heaters and they cant seem to launch a product smoothly. starting to think Nvidia pays AMD to stick around so they can pretend they dont have a monopoly.

>vaporware of a gpu to come out.
It's already out. For enterprise markets though.

Are you the guy who can buy the 1080 for 400 bucks? You have to be fucking insane to even consider waiting for amd trash that will probably be worse and more expensive. 400 bucks for a 1080 is an outstanding deal. Just go for it and stop relying on empty promises of a company that hasn't delivered on anything in almost a decade.

>delivered on anything in almost a decade.
>no goy 7970 does not exist

This
Waiting is the master race. You just have to know what you're waiting for

I have a 980ti that can achieve 4000 points in the new unigene extreme benchmark. I am going to wait for the next AMD card that will hit at least 7000 points in the same benchmark (so I plan on waiting until 2019 honestly)

im legitimately Ignorant.

Wow an entire ONE product among dozens of them in almost a decade!

What a feat!

Same with the 290x. Fucking incredible card.

GCN in general is very good. It's also in consoles.

>290X

even if OP was talking about SFV his question still stands.

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE

Construction plans bursted in flames since all the cooling in the world won't be enough to cool the chip

>amdrones literally don't know what the words labeled and sourced means
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

1080 Ti came out, so AMD is scrambling to make it better. expect another hot mess.

t. 1700X and 480 owner

But everyone knew about the Ti when the Titan X released.

sure, but they had no conceivable way to know how it would perform.

it's possible AMD had a 1080 contender in Vega and planned to play the "4K capable but cheaper!" card but the 1080 Ti fucked with that

Yes they did, are you fucking retarded? GP102 bins don't have 50% variations in performance to not make a simple educated guess.

It's in the new Xbox

youtube.com/watch?v=0L12B_YupK8

why is Halo 3 Master Chief in their B Roll?

im not responding to your picture, just spouting an opinion about Price/performance graphs.

someone posted a price/performance graph in another thread for graphics cards and the gtx1050ti won....

And I really dont see the value to those charts because why would someone buy that card unless they only wanted to play CSGO and other 5 year old games.

its not like we can throw 5 weak cpus into a system to Zerg Rush a processing problem.

cant help but imagine Performance over Time in games and having to upgrade sooner and Rebuy components because I cheaped out the first time.