letmegooglethat.com/?q=deezloader
audio2.spotify.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You never catch me alive!

>spend money on media you would normally obtain for free
>have no spare money

I do not think so.

>music
So specific. You don't have any objections for pirating software, books or video?

it's worth it for the app desu.

The shitty thing is that although streaming services offer a 'legal' means to listen to a wide variety of music, the artists get paid a pittance for streaming. The only ones making a living wage from streams are those getting millions of listens.

I prefer to buy via Bandcamp if I can - cut out the dickheads.

Since when is an obtaining an ordered collection of 1's and 0's "stealing". I'm a 1's and 0's collector

>Since when
errr. 2007?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_number

I'm honestly glad you get it.
Indeed, income from streaming is almost negligible compared with directly supporting the artist by buying their stuff (Bandcamp is a good platform for this, as you mentioned)

stop putting out bloated crapware spotify

I don't pirate music, I pirate Spotify

Stop giving corporations your money.

>Download Spotify on PC with ads.
>Listen music...
>Check if the music is on Youtube
>youtube to mp3 website
>REPEAT

You're not supposed to make a living wage from streams. As usual, artists make most from merch, tours, and other mediums (licensing to movies/games, producing youtube content). Gplay Music already pays artists more than enough for their shit memes.

>used spotify premium 30 day trail
>paid using a visa gift card with no money on it
>unlimited free spotify pemium
i just get annoying error 4 messages

> You're not supposed to make a living wage from streams

Says who?

If people are consuming art, the artist should be fairly compensated. Why should they be expected to not only be good at making music, but also PR and sales and tour management and the rest of the shit involved in touring/merch/etc?

Streaming has so much potential and cuts many of the middleman costs associated with physical distribution, but artists are somehow worse off than they were in the days when they'd get a $1 cut from a $12 CD sale.

Stop using digital restrictions management.

>If people are consuming art, the artist should be fairly compensated.
Says who?

Also if you're a musician and struggle with touring, you should kys immediately.

>>youtube to mp3 website
>not using youtube-dl

>tfw I modded the app so I can enjoy 320kps and skips for free
Feels good.

>try spotify
>search for artist
>no results found or incomplete discography
I'll keep buying and ripping CDs.

>somehow worse off than they were in the days when they'd get a $1 cut from a $12 CD sale.
Yeah I wonder why that is when we're now getting millions and millions of songs for that same $12. You fucking dumbass. Streaming has achieved its potential, it provides a reach they couldn't have achieved otherwise because all of the services provide 'discover' mechanics so you can find new good shit and then go support them through merch/touring. Which by the way, is fucking easy. You don't need a billion dollar manager to book some gigs, you don't need a million dollars to google "custom merch" and start printing your gay ass band name on mugs, shirts, stickers, hoodies, and underwear.
But of course, you're too fucking retarded to understand how any of this works even though you're on Sup Forums.

this 100%

>modded the app
whoa careful now before you hack the mainframe, things get dangerous!

>getting your music from YouTube
>video with heavily compressed audio worse than Spotify with the size of an uncompressed WAV file
>transcoding to an MP3 file for even worse audio quality

Huuur duuur: The post

Soulseek

Depends on the service.

Look at the sheer size of the discrepancy between signed and unsigned. Looks like it's the record labels, not the streaming services, being the money drain for artists.

>2k+ songs

If you had a library the size of mine, you would certainly not be doing that.

>so broke he can't afford fucking Spotify
kek

I tried Spotify for about 6 months and I tried Google Play Music for about 6 months. They are both garbage. 4/10 would not recommend.

I only give my money to artists who both deserve and need my money. Akara is one such example. 99% of music is just background noise not worth my money. Without it I would simply not listen to any music in its place

I buy albums I like on CDs.

So actually Spotify seems like a pretty good deal, unless I'm reading this wrong?

Why anyone would bother signing to a label in the internet age, I do not know.

Then again, they probably do all of the work needed to setup shows and shit, so, eh.

>spotify seems like a pretty good deal
Of all the streaming services, Spotify is the second worse for payout and economic viability, being better than only Youtube. This is on top of the fact that even the best streaming service requires ~30 times more monitizations than the worse retailer. Though, this is somewhat softened by the fact that a retailer is a one time purchase, while streaming is monitized per listen.
Also, how the hell did Beats get those numbers?

I just listen to Japanese internet radio broadcasts.

Well, that's what I mean. While the individual payout is not much, it's per play, right? So instead of selling copies, people just have to listen, and hitting those numbers is easier when it's free and you only need to get 0.5% of the userbase to do so, which at the low low price of free, can't be TOO hard, right?

I mean like, there's probably a better system, but I'm just saying.

I mean it's not like popular musicians are hurting for cash, is all I'm saying.

I'm already a paying subscriber! Check my internet logs! Only American pop, too!

>tfw you saved an about to 404 thread by bumping and now its alive and kickin

Feels Good

dont own the music you listen to

Yes, however popular music tends to be disposable, and so will not reach the 30 mark to equal a sale. And reminder that the only streaming service that pays worse than Spotify is a dying video hosting website, even Beats pays better.
And, in the third coloum, it shows percentage of artists on the service making MINIMUM WAGE. (7.25USD/hour).
On Spotify, that is 2 out of 100 for signed artists (popular) and 3 out of 1000 for unsigned (independant) artists.
So, at most, 2 out of 100 artists are getting minium wage(not even enough to pay for equipment and recording studio) with Spotify.
Streaming services are not where the money is, pretty much just an exposure platform.

>not using deezloader

>tfw you realize a 404 isn't the same as an archive and this thread was only in archive territory not 404 territory

blame the artist not spotify

How in the world do you consider YouTube to be "dying"?

Did everybody move to Vimeo without me noticing?

>since when is owing a collection of atoms in a particular arrangement illegal

This is how retarded you sound.

>deezloader
what is that?

I used to pay Spotify premium.

Then my wife and i saw the family plan so we changed to that.

Now every month the fucking thing either says my account couldn be verified or hers.

We have remade accounts and such.

Yesterday it happened again this time to mi account.

Customer service is fucking horrid...their best answer was: do the proccess in an incognito tab on your browser.

Im thinking about using google music since its 90 free days (120 actually thanks to AT&T)

Should i force my ass into keep on the streaming crowd or go back to torrenting and transfering 256kbps mp3s to my phone?

>is bleeding money
>not dead
???

Make me.

1 step ahead of you.

Fuck you

>he thinks money is the only asset seen in business

>Stop illegally obtaining music.

There is nothing "illegal" about obtaining music from unauthorized sources.

Prove me wrong. And your proof needs to contain all appropriate legal citations of the relevant statutes and case law.

how do you get that theme and tabs integration in your browser?

it is to stockholders

what other assets is an intangible object like the idea of youtube generating for google

>Doesn't understand that youtube not making google money means absolutely nothing and they keep the site up purely because they control videos that are seen online by the biggest audiences

>theme
Default from Manjaro XFCE
>tabs intergation
It's literally just seperate 3 windows.

letmegooglethat.com/?q=deezloader

It shouldn't be illegal to own a collection of attoms in a particular arrangement, though

Oh boy placebro is here.

I stream shitty 160kbps music through Spotify free and block the ads in my hosts file. Is this stealing?

I don't care either way.

>listen to the radio with VLC
>use jdownloader to download songs I really really like from youtube
>don't need to install trash software on my PC

Music is broadcast for free everyday all over the world. It's called radio. There are thousands of radio stations in the US alone, and many of them have free streaming services. That music ends up on my hard drive for free. It was freely and openly broadcasted. As long as I don't make money from it, it's legal (Actually, I can make money from it as long as I sign into an contractual monetary agreement with the owner of the music before I begin making money from it).

Black metal is for faggots, varg.

But I listen mostly to Soundcloud free music.

Spotify is such a scam anyway.

"no"

>not getting ad free spotify for free

I only listen to open source music

no using Audials and rip all music in your format of choice, fucking millennials

same, I can tell there's a little difference but I just don't care enough to optimize audio quality to spend the extra time.

I use spotify around the house but mobile data ain't cheap

Exprain

> there's a little difference
and here I know you never heared the same song in high and low quality via good headphones + dac/amp combo because the difference is day and night

Show me how user

Where can i legally obtain all my animu tunes?

can you not download with spotify? you can cache music on gpm

ok

>There is nothing "illegal" about obtaining music from unauthorized sources.

Depends on the country.
I read through the entire copyright law of my country once and there torrenting is legal as long as only the original creator seeds the torrent and you don't seed it to someone else.

Or in other words, torrenting isn't legal because you're always downloading it from someone else.

>mp3
>not superior .flac
It's like you want your audio to be shit
also youtube shits up the audio in the first place to make it easier to stream on the internet
the lower the video quality the lower the sound quality as well

stop beeing bart of the botnet

Is this shit for real?

I did the same thing but I used my actual credit card. And now it does this annoying shit charging me $10 a month or some shit

Just add this to your hosts file 127.0.0.1 media-match.com
127.0.0.1 adclick.g.doublecklick.net
127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 open.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 desktop.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pubads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 securepubads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 www.audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 www.omaze.com
127.0.0.1 omaze.com
127.0.0.1 bounceexchange.com
127.0.0.1 core.insightexpressai.com
127.0.0.1 content.bitsontherun.com
127.0.0.1 s0.2mdn.net
127.0.0.1 v.jwpcdn.com
127.0.0.1 d2gi7ultltnc2u.cloudfront.net
127.0.0.1 crashdump.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 adeventtracker.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 log.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 analytics.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 ads-fa.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 cs283.wpc.teliasoneracdn.net
127.0.0.1 audio-ec.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 cs126.wpc.teliasoneracdn.net
127.0.0.1 heads-ec.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 u.scdn.co
127.0.0.1 cs126.wpc.edgecastcdn.net
127.0.0.1 pagead46.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pagead.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead-googlehosted.l.google.com
127.0.0.1 partnerad.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 prod.spotify.map.fastlylb.net
127.0.0.1 adserver.adtechus.com
127.0.0.1 na.gmtdmp.com
127.0.0.1 anycast.pixel.adsafeprotected.com
127.0.0.1 ads.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 idsync-ext.rlcdn.com
127.0.0.1 www.googletagservices.com
127.0.0.1 sto3.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 googlehosted.l.googleusercontent.com
127.0.0.1 spclient.wg.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 d361oi6ppvq2ym.cloudfront.net
127.0.0.1 gads.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 ads-west-colo.adsymptotic.com
127.0.0.1 geo3.ggpht.com
127.0.0.1 showads33000.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 spclient.wg.spotify.com

start getting good with my obscure jazz and i would until then blow me fag

But I already buy my music. Currently waiting for a package to arrive, and got another album on the way, then I'm gonna buy some more at the end of the month. Buying cheap music secondhand and in good condition for even cheaper feels nice.

I fell you. Honestly if an artist is not smart enough to know the money is not in selling their songs than they should be pirited

This