Aight Sup Forumsents, I've fucked up...

Aight Sup Forumsents, I've fucked up. Last night I got super fucked up and decided it was time to set up the SSD and enclosure I got for using with Kali. Here the first problem comes up--I can't boot it with my BIOS in UEFI mode, and that's fine but I didn't want to deal with that so I tried really hard to install GRUB on my internal SSD so that it would load Windows like it would back in the good ol' days before 8 or 10 or whenever MS decided to make everything confusing as shit, and then could boot off the external ssd if it was plugged in through GRUB.
tl;dr here's the results of fdisk -l is there a way to fix this without just reinstalling windows? I definitely drunkenly deleted some kind of partition last night and now booting from a windows recovery it can kind of see I've got an installation but it won't fucking reinstall UEFI

You should know better, you mix drinks with the nix and you end up having to fix

your external kali installation is assigning the non-boot drive to sda?

something isn't making sense with your explanation or photo

and why do you have a 1M boot partition (unless that's a new MS jew tactic)

>last night I got super fucked up
>using kali
You sure did get fucked up m8

I am running Kali off of an external SSD without issue right now.
That is of my internal SSD. The 1MB partition is where I think I tried to put grub or something. There was a lot of liquor and etizolam involved.

I should note that occasionally with the right mix of bios settings I can boot in to grub recovery from the internal SSD.
Fuck your pun but your bump saved my thread so have an internet

Basically if I was smart I would have set up the MS UEFI boot loader to boot Kali when it was plugged in but I really wanted GRUB on my internal SSD so I did it...

It's Kali on a microwave friendly external drive,
I'd be using Arch or plain ol' Debian if this was for normal purposes. I'm sure you smell what I'm stepping in.

>this level of attention to detail
>using kali linux

just give up, seriously

first pro-tip: things don't just magically start working because you fiddled with your bios settings, there was an actual reason why changing those settings causes the computer to boot the grub installation on your internal ssd. if you can't figure out why there is no chance at you being able to fix this.

>it won't fucking reinstall UEFI

what did he mean by this

I know why. I know how to get it to do that. However I can't get a full grub install going so I'm just trying to get UEFI back without having to reinstall. Honestly I only use windows for gaming, I'd probably give it a 200gb partition and keep my games on my 2TB HDD and use the rest to install Arch.

>trying to get UEFI back

this doesn't make any sense

get your terminology right and maybe people could help you out

The Windows EFI bootloader with the pretty gui
Also see:

I have to disable UEFI to boot Linux, which is what started this whole thing of trying to ditch the windows EFI loader and install GRUB.

I had no issues pressing F11 and going to my boot menu and booting from my live USB with persistence. With the SSD I had to go to the BIOS, set it to legacy, and then boot from it otherwise it just went straight to Windows.

Nuke it from orbit and install Windows 10 .. I mean, Gentoo.

>I'd be using Arch or plain ol' Debian if this was for normal purposes. I'm sure you smell what I'm stepping in.

This is so stupid. Seriously, if you can't figure out how to install a bootloader then acting like other linux distros are beneath you is pretty fucking gay.

second pro-tip: outline for us WHERE you would like grub to be installed...on the internal drive or the external drive?

so what's on the external drive? all you've shown is your borked windows ssd with some random boot partition that shouldn't be there

user you need to learn the basics if you ever want to be a 1337 haxor. Or even a medicore programmer or their.

Get your shit together and read a few books.

Ignoring the wisdom of installing Kali on a HD...

OP, where did you read that you should install kali in this manner? I'd like to check it out for the lulz.

sudo cat /dev/urandom > /dev/sda

That should fix it.

Internal. I usually have no issues doing this, but I'm getting all manner of weird errors and at this point I just want to go back to where it was.
I didn't, I was drunk and fucked up on etizolam and it sounded like a good idea.
Wouldn't dd be more fun?

I also don't remember what the fuck I did because etizolam and alcohol make you black out like fuck.

since you cannot seem to provide even the basic information necessary to help you, this is obviously not worth my time

but

1. delete that stupid boot partition on your internal drie
2. reinstall grub to /dev/sda
3. make sure that os-prober (not sure if kali supports) is picking up your windows and kali installations
4. boot using efi

I have tried. Grub refuses to install to the drive.

Believe me I have done all that shit. I didn't come to the most hostile group of people who know better as my first resort.

Don't you hate whenever you drink you become L337 HaX0r

Or maybe, you are are on etizolam and alcohol at this very moment? Hmmmm?

Usually I don't but the etiz combo was too much I guess.
I'm a little stoned but I'm still probably feeling the etiz again. Sorry for not being helpful in getting help, but this is also being really fucky and weird.

>clonazolam
>wake up car gone

The first time I did etiz I grossly overestimated how much 1mg was. This was on a Friday night. I woke up at 1600 on Sunday thinking it was Saturday, but apparently I was functional and totally normal all Saturday long.

Seriously can you give me a good solution to this or are you just here to be a dick because there's no threat of tasting your shit blood and my boot leather coming out of your throat? Like sorry for being an internet tough guy but if you're going to come in and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about and treat people like shit about it you need a good ass kicking.

Not that faggot but try this:

[sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda[
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb

[/code]

(omit sudo if you're already root)

This will remove any persistent file locks that are on each partition, and you'll be able to install grub afterwards without errors.

oops. well, you get the point!

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc

Cool, thanks for the help!
I think you missed my earlier post though:

I do agree, though. Fuck windows 10 I'm installing Debian, because fuck all of you faggots and your Gentoo.

Yeah I really want to hear back from OP after these commands