Any news on the memedrive?

any news on the memedrive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jCAqDA8IfR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Delete this

DELET

no

How does it work, and how fast can it go?

It bounces microwaves around inside of itself and slaps its bum like an insideout drum for thrust

It doesn't move at all, every prototype is a nonfunctional failed proof of concept to humor a fringe theory

>How does it work
Nobody knows for sure if it even works at all. Something about microwaves bouncing inside the cone-shaped chamber if I recall correctly.

>How fast can it go
As fast as the law of physics will let you. The real question is how many centuries would it take to accelerate to a decent speed given the fact that the force allegedly produced by the engine is minuscule.

>Engine based on RNG

Thrust was too small proved useless, RNG was not on humanities side.

It moves by pulling its own hair, basically. Hair being electrons.

Still bullshit. Asymmetric cavity resonators are not magic carpets

still a meme

>Shoot energy one direction
>it moves the opposite.
it works just not on any decent scale.

Every time someone tests it you get: Haha, shit's junk we'll run a quick test just to be sure and toss it all out.
Test comes back inconclusive, may produce thrust.
Every fucking time.

Just tether the damned thing to the ISS and feed it some current you faggots.

youtu.be/jCAqDA8IfR4

It's shit and even if it worked it's still shit

I just came here to post this same video

>b-but my hair is shaped like a cone!

no because it doesn't work

The status is still that it fails to deliver on the initial promises, possibly outperforms a photon thruster, but that the thrust may be forward, backward, or orthogonal to the intended direction, right?

>The real question is how many centuries would it take to accelerate to a decent speed given the fact that the force allegedly produced by the engine is minuscule.

if it does work you could always, oh, i don't know, mount more than one.

if the thrust is not aligned to the intended direction you could, oh, i don't know, ROTATE THE MOUNT.

>not even knowing the direction in which you break the laws of physics

kek

friendly reminder when ion drive was invented nobody knew how it worked

thunderfoot is kind of a dupshit.

*something* is happening that isn't completely understood. Whether or not it will result in usable thrust remains to be seen... but "if science hasn't heard about it yet, it doesn't exist" isn't exactly conclusively busting it.

This type of argument only works when you're dealing with things that don't have many unknowns. This is not that.

For the record, it probably won't work... but calling it busted is a tad premature.

citation needed

Its electrically loaded particles accelerated by a magnetic field and dumped out the back how complicated is that?

More you mount more your ship weights making drivers less effective

You're way fucking off with that pic.
The only reason they say the em drive can't work is because it break laws because of the amount of non speed limited thrust produced.
As in, you can strap a long enough leaver to it and a generator. and it will be able to make more energy than it consumes.

>The first person to mention the idea publicly was Konstantin Tsiolkovsky in 1911.

Yup, 30 years before all that was proven to exist.

>how complicated are ion thrusters

is this guy serious? you probably can't even make a basic fm radio you brainlet.