Intel vs AMD

Let's settle this shit once and for all. I'll start.

Intel pros
>consistently btfos ryzen
>"just werkz"
Intel cons
>expensive
>harder to upgrade

AMD pros
>moar coares
>cheaper
>better for rolling upgrades
AMD cons
>what are you, poor?
>slightly slower

AMD cons
>become waitfag
>eternally butthurt that your brand is 7 years behind
>cite unreliable benchmarks as "proof" that Ryzen is just as good
>homosexual urges increase by 500%

why is everyone making comparisons between the R7 1700 and the i7 7700k, is it just because of the price ? Everyone forgot that the R7 series was meant to be competitive against the 8 cores series from intel ?

what's amd's answer to the the 7700k then?

probably their 4c/8t I dunno

that would make sense

how can you answer that IPC monster when you don't reach that IPC with your best processor?

the thing is there is no answer, but a better value per dollar

No current Ryzen compares to the i7 7700k in single core performance. However, its performance per watt sucks ass and is a dead end chip for future upgrade paths. At least AM4 is gonna stick around for 4 years, allowing people to upgrade to Zen+, Zen 2, and even Zen 3 later. I could see AMD potentially having a response to the incoming Kaby Lake refresh soon after its release.

Sorry, no scheckels for you. Not enough shilling.

>YFW your zionist jewish kikelords even jew you out of your money

Pushing DX12/Vulkan harder on the gaming/GPU side.

Literally the only thing the 7700k has going for it is gaming performance in poorly-threaded games.

>implying I even want to play any multi-threaded games
>implying Warcraft 3 TFT is not the best game ever made
>implying you're not a filthy fucking night elf cheeser and I won't militia rush you on turtle rock and cancel your moon wells

>spend $350 on a cpu
>play a game with a 65fps cap

>Cons for both: they both enigneer NSA hardware backdoors into their shit
Into the fucking trash at lightspeed

more like
>spend $350 on entire computer
>play at 65fps

Hmm. Some people might need a 6950X for 256bit AVX performance until 16 core Ryzen gets released.

I don't understand why AMD followed suit with Intel on this one, this could have been a significant advantage and I would have bought their shit in a heartbeat.

>talking about wc3 reminded me of the dark days where I could only get 60fps using ngo modded drivers
Oddly nostalgic about it considering how much it sucked.

>wait for 7450k!!!!
>catches up to 8 year tech in one year
>gamer nexus is unreliable.

intel for vidya amd otherwise

amd for checking facebook, intel otherwise
>ftfy

Does talos work on ryzen cpus?

>i legitimately run a render/encoding slave PC that does that day in and day out
ok you can buy ryzen

>i am a normal person and justify spending big bucks on a PC because i get a lot of value out of it for gaming
buy intel

>games aren't everything you know! i want good performance on all my programs
ok buy an affordable intel cpu and the fastest storage drive you can afford. not a fucking meme processor that has no actual benches for things you actually do.

So is this the official Intel buyers remorse general?

Intel: I close all my applications and only play single threaded games from 2008.

Amd: I have multiple monitors and usually watch youtube or use discord while gaming.

Remember what happened to Joe Nacchio, CEO of Qwest mobile?

> don't gib backdoor
> government contracts evaporate
> stock price drops
> they throw your ass in jail for insider trading/fraud because you had benefited from a formerly high stock price

Ok go play Warcraft 3 TFT with max settigns on a q6600 and a GTS 8800 from 2006

games from 2008 are multithreaded.
leaving applications open don't use any resources other than RAM unless they actually doing something.
discord is lightweight.
running youtube isn't going to be a performance breaker unless you are on the borderline of meeting spec.

The backdoors are also an enterprise feature.

Fucking this.

The 7700K is only faster when the software is poorly designed.

It's like saying a handicapped kid is better at the special Olympics because he knows how to hop on one leg properly.

>need ECC, 8+ coars, decent IPC
>intel wants $$$$
>amd lets you have it for $
>mfw someone tries to tell me intel is better

>AMD pros
ECC
unlocked multipliers
no feces under the lid, legit thermal solder

AMD will very probably collaborate with coreboot to neutralise PSP on demand after what they have written on Reddit.

Is the 1500x/1600 a good upgrade from a non k 3570?

Intel has shit stock coolers.
Amd has all cpus unlocked.

>Intel has shit stock coolers.
Largely because cooling is intermediated by feces under the lid.

Not really unless you run massively parallel programs.

Older intel cpus retain their value better, however ryzen may change that in the next few years. intel is also perceived as better to your average consumer.

>Let's settle this shit once and for all

Here's some stats for you, cucked pleb faggot

AMD is consulting with legal if they can open source their botnet bullshit and stop being a botnet

>stock cooler handles a 4GHz overclock
>i-its shit
Thats amazing, I'd like to see the temps at 3.9 and a subsequent lower voltage

There are alternatives: they can provide means for disabling it for example. As I have seen it correctly noted somewhere earlier, if they release the source they get some chance of being sued by patent trolls, so just giving means of disabling the shit or limiting it is fine.

I stopped using Intel when they resorted to jewish tricks to sell their inferior junk.

Are 1600 and 1400 also soldered?

AMD paired with AMD cards are smoother framerates that don't jump around it's not a meme

That's pretty amazing. You don't even need an aftermarket cooler for the 1500X. I would still get one for the 1600X though.

> Let's settle this shit once and for all. I'
>slightly slower
Another bait thread, but this is to be expected.

NEW THREAD
NO SHILLS ALLOWED!

> NEW THREAD
> 47th post
But why

>watch youtube or use discord while gaming.

Ok, real talk here. With light background workloads like this in mind, do I actually benefit from the extra cores compared to an i7?

Intel are more reliable

The answer is simple:

If you currently own an i5 and your primary focus is gaming then there is no reason for you to upgrade.

If you are thinking about building a new PC at this very moment then an AM4 with a Ryzen 1600 is likely the best all around computing choice. It is fairly close to i5's in most games, better in some, and looks to have very good minimal frame performance. In addition to this it dominates in most (not all, but most) work related tasks. More importantly the AM4 is a new platform that has 3-4 years of support ahead of it where as building an Intel based setup right now is essentially dead-ending yourself on a soon to be unsupported socket.

What about if you wait 2 months for Skylake-X?
Does it make sense to get Intel then?

Intel Pros
>Good single thread performance
>Has one extreme budget CPU with high value

Intel Cons
>Costs more per performance
>Draws more power during gaming loads
>More expensive motherboards for K series

AMD Pros
>More cores
>Not quite as power hungry
>More performance for same cost

AMD Cons
>Shit ram support
>No extreme budget option

AMD cons
>Intel will not purposely gimp their next gen
>AMD will with its much longer cycle thus be behind Intel again for another 5 years
>all advantage will be lost
>not gaining big market share because they lack iGPU which is what most notebooks and office machines demand
>discret GPU increases cost and powerconsumption

20K temp offset

>does it make sense to drop another $600 on another incremental upgrade
No.

AMD is also for open sourced Vulkan, open-sourced OpenCL, and open standard FreeSync. AMD pushed x64, two cores meme, and now pushed 8 core meme for 300$ into mainstream.

AMD's iGPU stuff is coming later. And it's gonna have a much better iGPU than intel's.

Not known to the moment but I am optimistic.
Does it change the fact that 7700K gets 20K cooler with thermal feces subtracted with soldering? Did I ever mention AMD temperatures at all?

>And it's gonna have a much better iGPU than intel's.
Kind of impossible to be worse.

Looks like it, the buttblasting is real

Ryzen CPUs have to low single thread performance for emulators.

>Kind of impossible to be worse.
GT 730

That's a graphics card you retard.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post.

Yes, but that is what would be important if they want to get market share.
Now Intel knows what they need to do to leave AMD in the dust for the next years again.
AMD really wasted an opportunity here.
They also took too long to let aftermarket cooler manufacturers know about the AM4 measurements.
In the store I work part time in it is basically impossible to help any Ryzen buyer with a cooler.
I want them to gain markt share so Intel has to rethink their price policy in the longer run.
But AMD is wasting chances and pulling punches instead of dealing them.

>Intel pros
well you tried

Very true
Unfortunately Windows is the Special Olympics of operating systems

ryzen only wins when overclocked because you would need to buy a cpu cooler and a z170/z270 board for a unlocked intel cpu and the unlocked version itself is more expensive, in that case the ryzen option can be 10-20% cheaper
when you just buy a cpu and don't want to overclock then the intel option is around 3-10% cheaper and mostly faster in games BUT not in all games

Give 5 actual reasons I should buy piece of shit ryzen? Got a 7600k just a week ago and it's working perfectly well with my gtx 1080 and literally shits all over anything Ryzen has to offer.

Nice hyperbole. Only 1 reason matters. A 1600 will last longer. 4c/4t cpus are already getting maxed out in multithreaded games. There is only a couple years left in them.

Intel Pros:
>kosher
>supports Israel's economy

Intel Cons:
>doesn't support Israel's economy enough
>not enough profit margin per unit/ too generous

AMD Pros:
>very cheap
>worse than Intel
>goyim

AMD cons:
>Anti-Semitic
>too high profit margin per unit / not generous
>8 cores? Who needs 6 cores? you only need 4 cores, 2 cores is enough
>stupid goyim

>4c/4t
7600k is a complete abortion compared to the 1600X in literally every way.

>Harder to upgrade
Wtf you mean with this? Changing mobos?
You can say the shit you want about am4 shitty boards once new features like pcie4 arrives you would want to upgrade and you are stuck on amd limited offerings.

>Intel
Boss player, always top performance
>AMD
Shitty currytech poo in loo company. Only brown "people" buy AMD.

What in fallout 4 and other similarly unoptimized gaymes

God I saw a video analysis of 1600x yesterday coupled with a 1080ti. Performance was abysmal gta5 getting around 70 fps even after oc.
Even with just one 1080 7700k I always stay +100 fps. And CPUs for gaming is a joke it's only for syntietics

>literally shits all over anything Ryzen has to offer.
>literally shit
ftfy

>muh 7700k
lel at all this damage control after the i5s were rendered irrelevant.

quad core meme is a joke

lol

this
(YOU) fucked up

the shills are out in full force
statistics is the brimstone that makes the kike sweat

7600k looks like a stuttering mess, 1600x is smooth as fuck.

Wouldn't recommend 7600k for gayming desu desu.

man i rofl every time at quad core meme cucked for $300

No goy you should bench gayms at 640x480

Bad goy!

>piece of shit ryzen
So basically Intel is worse than shit.

Why is the ryzen 5 1500x such a flop?

No, it isn't. Real market share is in the server market, which demands high multithreaded performance and low power consumption; areas where Ryzen devours Intel.

isn't the 1500x on par with the 7500 in GAYMEN?

this is not a meme btw

>i5s were rendered irrelevant
>despite still getting considerably better averages than ryzen 5
>the only instances the i5s gets bottlenecked is when paired with dual titan xps on sli
>an extremely unlikely scenario that won't even come close to reflecting reality in the next 5 years
>implying anyone who buys a cpu in this price range will ever need this much gpu power
>buying an amd cpu for gaming
>ever

Buy older i7. Great perfomance and u don t get jewed.

no

You only buy i5 if you enjoy stutters in gaymen.

Post benches