Heart vs Camera

Trying to settle and argument with some friends and would appreciate your opinion. Which is more complex, a DSLR camera or a human heart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iUrxGo9gZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ignoring the obvious comparison you might be trying to make with WOW LOOK AT ALL THOSE PIECES IT'S SUCH A WONDER!, a heart isn't a very mechanically complex thing.
Image processing sensors, however, are. So a DSLR is arguably the more complicated device.

Literally 12 year old argument

If you break it down to it's constituent parts, the heart is hundreds of trillions of cells and organelles all working together to twich in unison, formed according to the DNA in every cell, which is obfuscated beyond belief and we've hardly scratched the surface in understanding.
The DSLR is entirely documented, every IC and mechanical constituent part is not magic, it all relies on documented natural phenomena backed by science, which we do understand.

The human body starts getting mindufckingly complex when you reach shit into cells, DNA n shiet

What's your metric of complexity.

we can make a camera, we cant make a human heart artificially, you can look at it as just a small pump, but have we ever made a pump that can work continously for 100 years inside someone? (yet)

I suggest to get a book on advanced phisiology , a single human cell is far more complex than a DSLR camera , let alone an organ like the human heart which is a marvel of bio-mechanic.

same can be said about any computer or IC

a camera. is your friend retarded?

Considering his "friend" is the front page of Reddit, "he" probably is

implying hearts require magic to function

Medical student here.

Fuck off OP.

stop browsing reddit.

When you go down small enough, it might as well be. Just because we don't understand it.

The argument was more specifically focused on whether it would be easier for a person unfamiliar with hearts or cameras to 1) perform a heart transplant or 2) put together a camera.

i dont use reddit

The same exact thing can easily be said about microelectronics

Ask me how I know both you and your friend are both retarded

>Which is more complex, a DSLR camera or a human heart?

DSLR cameras are produced for a decade. There was never a single human heart artificially produced.

t. someone who's never studied microelectronics

>There was never a single human heart artificially produced.

There have been full artificial heart transplants, although uncommon.

Full valve replacements with artificial hearts are common and people recover pretty easily with them

that's actually a DSLT you retarded redditor

You're fucking retarded

>There have been full artificial heart transplants, although uncommon.

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not recall it. That said they are very limited. Are not they still electrical? Don't they need recelling/recharging/servicing?

The heart, simply because it's made not from a mere thousand parts, but billions of nanomachines. It's a megastructure made from millions of nanomachine factories all working together.
Can a camera heal, recover itself, grow or adapt?

There's nothing more unnerving to me than pseudo-intellectual debates and meme science like this

Pacemaker for artificial valves
Batteries last like 10 years

Fine. Let's have a real discussion

100 UFC fighters & 100 Football players against 30 Silverback Gorillas.

even a fucking strand of hair is more complex than a DSLR camera user.

a sun made of lava vs a sun made of ice, who would win?

Fools, there are no winners in wars.

The rhetoric drumpf is leading this country down is really starting to worry me...

Eat my ass, you and your discussion

I'm rolling for your pic related.

100 UFC fighters of course.

Sun made of lava (i.e. melted metals and minerals) would obviously win because the part of it which contacts the ice would crystalize quickly.

a heart by far, i cell is so fuccing complex its not funny with reactions occurring in what femto or pico seconds or some absurdly small about of time

thats said the overall function of hte heart can be largely replaced by a pump, and while a camera maybe more complex than a pump, this pump has to last 80 year of continuous opperation

There is actually an artificial pump that doctors use in place of a heart for patients that need a heart transplant when they can't receive it right away.

The patients typically only live for a couple weeks though because it cuts up the blood cells in its motor.

It also weirds patients out because they no longer have a heartbeat.

considering it took thousands of hearts and other organs to produce and render that camera useful I'd say the camera by necessity

>religion vs science, don't waste your time

it's apples and fucking oranges m8

Can you disassemble a heart completely, reassemble it and then expect it to work properly? (No)

Life is always more complicated than technology. Don't be dumb.

>a computer has trillions of components

Nope.

would a camera ever have existed without the level of complexity required for that heart? (No)

technology's complexity is built atop that of life's, not below it

Come on 0

modern cpus and gpu's have billions of transistors in them
it wouldn't take whole lot to make a cluster that technically involves a trillion components

That's fine and dandy, but has life ever synthesized life through purely technological means?

I would make the point that a camera can preserve life and also manipulates time which humans cannot. I guess it depends on whether or not you believe in a human's soul.

human heart;
- pumps blood
- is squishy
- edible
- impresses fellow warriors when showing a heart removed from the chest of your enemy
- is red
- difficult to replace
- incapable of running DOOM

DSLR camera;
- takes photos
- is solid
- not edible
- impresses fellow niggers when showing a DSLR stolen from the bag of your enemy
- is available in multiple colours, black, grey... black
- easy to replace
- capable of running DOOM

>implying doom won't be the first thing ported to humans once we have a working neural-digital link

neet

Roll

>Doom on neural-digital link

Replace heart with brain.

Now you're doing something right.

DNA...trillions of cells...self repair...it's pretty fucking obvious which is more complex and it's not the fucking camera.

>implying you wouldn't

this so much

There is a reason why we make dslr cameras but not hearts.
And yes stopping at the superficial level is unfair, you gotta break it down to it's constituent parts like the other user said.

user, you are dealing with , redit*rs, atheists, agnostics, j*ws and the likes. They wouldn't dare pay praise to the amazing machine that is the human body, let alone that it is in fact a machine designed by a creator.

These men have to be the creator, the programmer the one who understands and can control it all, these men are fools.

Camera, definitely.
Your friends seem to have mistaken the meaning of the word "complex".

You forgot to take into account the electronics on the board and the software that it's running.
So it's even more complex than a heart.

Atheist Hindu here.

Believing in god has nothing to do with your ability to understand that DNA is really fucking complicated. Especially in comparison to what amounts to 60% injection moulded plastic, 30% machined and stamped steel components and some fucking silicon and glass.

Kill yourself, you abrahamic desert cuck.

Studied electrical engineering. Try again, faggot

Lmao if you think EE is hard, you're the one who needs to try again faggot.

>This thread

> Hindu

How's Windows 10 going in terms of support calls?

Well the DDR before ist fall seems to have done really well in that regard.

That was actually a well thoughtout and articulated post
You have actually turned around my opinion of Indians, I didn't think any of you capable of sounding so normal

You did your people some good today Pajeet

You can't really use a label of "atheist hindu". Hindu's just another form of theism.

The heart is more complicated cos it's easier to break ;_;

I'm not related to any medical studies and things like that, but the more I know about humans there really should be a creator somewhere.

Kek

this, fucking dumbass OP.

Im a doctor and Im cringing hard ITT

As a thermoelectromechanical device?

The DSLR camera.

On a molecular level the heart is much more complex.

Discussions like this are even retarded on /sci/ but on this board its even worse. You people are just stupid beyond belive and without rescue. I honestly question my own intellect for posting here.
When I associate with retards, does that make me retarded?

and people still say there is no god and they still believe we evolved from a germ.

>unironically worships cows

>The heart is complicated because we don't understand it.
>The camera is simple because we made it.

One cell of the human heart is far more complex than that camera.

op is a faggot

roll

One can repair itself and last for a lifetime.
One breaks after few years or becomes irrelevant.

Matilda by far.

>if it is complicated, then there must be a creator somewhere
>dslr is not complicated

well put it this way, its easier to deconstruct a camera down to its individual components, right down to the washers, because every part of it is documented and understood. To break down a heart into its individual components would be almost impossible, because dont know everything about it

human heart. also >>/sqt/

This sounds like a schoolyard discussion. Are you 12?

The assassin bugs would lose. Their combined mass is some 13 orders of magnitude smaller than venus. They'd probably be able to cool venus down a little though.

Well a DSLR costs about $600
A heart transplant costs about $130,000.

are you even serious? the heart has mechanisms at the anatomical, cellular, and molecular level- it has moving parts literally only a few angstroms in size. hell, the neurons alone that make the fucker tick are more complicated than any technological achievement of man to date.

the camera has microchips, but their mechanisms aren't nearly as small or complex

life is this advanced now becasuse it's been running through billions of years of trial and error
whatever works continues to spread it's genes and mutations that aren't a hinderance get to stick around and become intensified.

Not true. An AMD CPU is about as complex as the human heart, and about as valuable.

>Billions of years

Only a few thousand.

>citation(s) needed

here's the thing
we can build a CPU, we can't replicate a living organism that replaces it's own constituent parts reliably for a hundred years.

>DSLR

That's not a DSLR
DSLR's are more complex.

Yeah we can, we can clone humans. We've cloned sheep we're not too far off. The DNA is basically the same.

Look at this, we've turned a simple leaf into a beating heart. The mechanism of the heart isn't that complicated.

youtube.com/watch?v=6iUrxGo9gZs

A CPU can only be built by robots, not humans.

Hindus don't worship cows you retard.

Sacred. =/= worshipped

Cloning is not making a human.
That's rigging the conception process to work with identical DNA as someone else.
Go make an artificial womb, then you can claim to have made a human.