Nvidia DX12 drivers are WORKING AS INTENDED

>Nvidia DX12 drivers are WORKING AS INTENDED

Holy shit even the 8 core Intel's tank in performance, is Nvidia's DX12 seriously fucking capped at 4 cores?

If this isn't fixed by Vega's launch this will end in a bloodbath.

Bumpers

Tfw no 770 release

It's hardware issue, as in, nvdia cheaped out on schedulers and has to do all that emulated in software

It's a software issue, as in, developers actually have to specifically code for different graphics platforms to maximize performance because they decided it was a good idea to put software developers in control for DX12.

>8 cores are struggling
>even single threaded oriented Intel product
>7700k sees increase in performance, or negligible decreases
Really gets those neurons firing.

It's not just the hardware schedulers, it's the computation tasks as well, their geforce cards are absolute shit in double precision.

They stripped it all out for Kepler, which is when they started getting acclaim for performance per watt. They also implemented tiled rendering on Maxwell while increasing cores. Pascal brought their hybrid asynchronous compute so it didn't completely shit the bed like Maxwell and Kepler. Volta is another refinement, so who knows what they'll do with it beyond HBM if anything.

Meanwhile Vega is adding it's own version of tile based rendering to conserve on power. The intelligent workgroup distributor will basically offer Nvidias ace in the hole for gameworks in DX12 "conservative rasterization". While AMD throws down the gauntlet on asynchronous compute when it's able to do 512 8-bit, 256 16-bit, or 128 32-bit operations per clock.

This is why they are going to be able to price Vega competitively. The NCU cores are going to be a generational leap that 14nm deserves. While Nvidia still milks Kepler.

Drivers will not save Nvidia from the butt fucking it deserves.

Who the fuck cares?
In 2 years everyone will be using Vulkan.

dx12 and vulkan is very similar to each other. nevertheless it would be a dream come to true if vulkan beats dx12.

but we know that's not going to happen.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Nvidia putting Ayyymad in their right place, thank you Nvidia!

Nvidia doing gods work

wanna grab a curry later, sandeep?

mfw people for years masturbate to 'amd has great async, nvidia skimped out' and yet amd doesn't have asyncronous spacewarp for vr yet and it has run since day 1 on nvidia hardware.

amd is pushing vulkan wherever they go, so from here on out vulkan will be in in all bethesda games amd helps optimize.

I mean you think amd is stupid, they know damn well the win 7 market share is over 50%.

They also see dx12 and whatever the fuck microsoft did they did it to late in the apis life and we now see so many games that perform worse with it then on 11.

And you think if the tide is changing away from 11, who would nvidia back, the api that sees their platform gain fps, or the one that cripples it?

it seems to be an api thing, amd wants to push their own api, and likely can't implement it die to patents, and if they can license it from facebook, it isn't going to be cheap.

why would I think AMD is stupid? I like how they want to change market with their innovative ideas.

dx12 titles which perform worse than dx 11 due to incompetent developers. Same thing would happen to vulkan too.
you cannot expect everyone to be like id software from the get go. coalition (gears of war 4) even with shitty UWP thing, they did a very good job implementing dx12 ( being a first party studio of microsoft helps, yes I know).

vulkan needs support for its libraries to help developers to develop easier. microsoft provides this of course. thank to their idiocy, they make dx12 exclusive to win10.

BUT, microsoft, for being the cunts they are, could easily buy developers to use dx12. this is the main problem.

I hope Vulkan takes over, fuck dx12 and fuck windows 10.

I'll stick with my pajeet-free technology, thank you very much nu-Microsoft.

Dx12 has been in the works for years now with major devs being in on it from the ground floor, and all we have, from everyone of them, is a dog shit implementation at best.

meanwhile we have what, 1 confirmed fucking godly vulkan implementation and 2 more that are passable to good?

Vulkan is a can of worms that once opened will never close, its a universal platform that will work on all platforms (xbox one excluded because microsoft are fagots) and is a net positive gain. once the devs work with it, its over, its now the defacto api with no others being used.

>Dx12 has been in the works for years now
mantle renamed and enhenced as vulkan is older than dx12.
>all we have, from everyone of them, is a dog shit implementation at best
gears of war 4 and ashes of the singularity.
gamewise dx12 and vulkan are on equal grounds right now.

you don't wanna see the main issue here. Vulkan is fucking great, but a developer comes across a problem he wouldn't find someone switfly from chronos group or an article written before to solve his problem.
microsoft is using its massive power here. every developer who has a problem can find an answer if he wants help from microsoft.

chronos group has to overcome this. being universal wouldn't help you if you have not enough support for developers.