So, I just installed the Linux OS...

So, I just installed the Linux OS. I like this whole idea of freedom and everything seems to be fine aside from some minor issues i'm experiencing.
>no thumbnail view in the file picker
>no Microsoft Office
>no games
>no photoshop
>no After Effects
>no DAWs

Are there any computer experts on Sup Forums that could help solve these small bugs on my Linux computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

wps.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no thumbnail view in the file picker
Install KDE Plasma
>no Microsoft Office
Install LibreOffice
>no games
Install Steam
>no photoshop
Install GIMP
>no After Effects
Install Blender
>no DAWs
Install Audacity

Or something else.

>installed the linux os
>linux os

>>no After Effects
>Install Blender
>>no DAWs
>Install Audacity
lol

>Linux (pronounced Listeni/ˈlJnəks/ lin-əks[9][10] or, less frequently, /ˈlaJnəks/ lyn-əks[10][11]) is a Unix-like computer operating system

>no interject pasta

you're losing your touch Sup Forums

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Bait, is in fact, GNU/Bait, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Bait. Bait is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Bait, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Bait, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Bait is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Bait is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Bait added, or GNU/Bait. All the so-called Bait distributions are really distributions of GNU/Bait!

>audacity
I really like yours, user

The whole point of freetardation is that you sacrifice convenience for Richard Stallman's warped view of freedom.

you are free to write all these programs yourself

>>no Microsoft Office
wps.com/

>>no games
steam, virtualization, dual boot win, wine

>>no photoshop
gimp, krita

>After Effects
Blender, Blackmagic Fusion, Nuke

>DAW
reaper, renoise, tracktion, bitwig, ardour, qtractor, audacity, ocenaudio

Why is OP unable to do a simple google search?

Who in their right mind would use WPS when LibreOffice is 1000x better?

>>>no DAWs
>>Install Audacity
Audacity is not a DAW

OP's trolling aside, GIMP is a piece of shit compared to photoshop.

We've had this thread before.

>the Linux OS

That's a very Indian way of saying it.

>wps.com/
Who use this proprietary chinkshit ?
LibreOffice is superior than this bullshit.

You mean sacrifice freedom for another type of freedom

>no photoshop
>Install GIMP
>no DAWs
>Install Audacity

>>no photoshop
>Install GIMP
Or Krita. Krita is better (still not a real photoshop replacement but it's getting close). Darktable for photography. Inkscape for vector shit
>>no After Effects
>Install Blender
Or flowblade or Kdenlive or Openshot or Shotcut
>>no DAWs
>Install Audacity
Audacity isn't a DAW. Ardour is.

Blender is actually a surprisingly decent video editor for a 3D program.

Man did you try hard to make this bait obvious, yet people are blind as fuck. 5/10, but it seriously lacks creativity.

> LibreOffice

lol noob much? Use LaTeX you fucking pleb

>no windows software
wine