Killing Home Internet Is the Most Productive Thing I’ve Ever Done

>Earlier this year I made the conscious decision to remove all Internet service from my home. It ended up being the best productivity decision I’ve ever made.
theminimalists.com/internet/
What do you think of such irresponsibility and lack of self-control, ladies and gentlemen?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenophone.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got Internet in 2009.

In 2010, I dropped highschool.

Really makes you think.

I have been living on my phone data plan for 3 years now

what can I say? who cares
literally who cares. this guy is just trying to meme his 'achievement' for clicks

I use a hotspot to connect my laptop
I shitpost using clover on my phone

I just don't use youtube, or Netflix
my only gripe is downloading games on steam, so I wait for the end of the month to download the games I need

last summer I found out about the backup and restore feature on steam, so now I download games everywhere I find a wifi connection, and restore the copy on my offline gaming rig

no home internet, nor land phone means I just 'waste' about 15e a month in communications

not that I think its something that amazing or remarkable
I am amazed someone could find it that 'insane'

The moron "minimalist" doesn't need internet at home whereas I research with my computer and consider it a library. It has many great uses concerning knowledge. Someone like him has the mentality of drone.

Don't read into his "blog" posts so seriously.

>that pic
>apple employees just use internet at their live in office
>in spare time garner clicks appealing to minimalist memes
>that black and white apple motif image
>that faux caveman look
>meme tier sweater
Nice fucking bait.

>best productivity decision
...is not when you shut down the Internet but when you vow to only use the Internet to read books relating to your studies/job, converse on forums relating to the same, and only use the educational function of the Internet which speeds up the learning process at least 3 or 4 times compared to the learning environment without it.
You can also find some professors who have an e-mail friendly attitude towards conversing on subjects with students, which saves time that would be spent waiting for them or trying to find them in institutions.

This guy is a narrow-minded idiot who deliberately chooses the slower method of productiveness, while denouncing the positives of the Internet because he knows he has no self-control and cornered himself into being forced to denounce the Internet as a whole even if it makes him looks like a stupid idiot, else he would have to admit that he is a retard in need of self-control classes with a psychologist/psychiatrist.

He can't muster the courage to admit to himself that he needs professional help, so he cut off the whole leg instead of going to a hospital.

The minimalist-meme-mindset is all or nothing. "If I can't control my behavior, then no more internet. I can't help it that I like muh Twitter feeds."

Fucking idiot.

>Killing Home Internet Is the Most Productive Thing I’ve Ever Done

How about kill yourself? That'll prevent you from wasting your time writing on your fucking little blog. Then you'll be so minimal that you ain't even needing oxygen.

/thread

>reads that post
>pompous about clicking off the thread
>move confidentially to new thread as he neglects other's posts

What's wrong with removing something entirely if you know you can't control yourself to use it in moderation? If it works for him, great. I haven't read what he wrote, but I doubt he's saying that everyone should do the same he does.

This is like those people who wear the same outfit every day because it saves them 5 minutes

We joke around with people having autism here but this is truly it

Not really a surprise, you are on Sup Forums after all.

Because abandoning something as a measure to fight your irresponsibility and stupidity as a person, doesn't fix the irresponsibility and stupidity themselves which are the core problems requiring fixing.

Do you honestly think the Internet is the only thing he will abandon if he doesn't fix his irresponsibility and lack of self-control?
He will keep finding substitutes to abandon in order to postpone fixing or admitting a core problem, and this will end up in a vicious cycle throughout his whole life.

This is why a psychologist/psychiatrist exist you dumbass. So they can point out what is a problem, what is a solution, and to identify the postponing and self-deception tactics a person has pulled themselves into (which is the problem in this situation).

>Earlier this year I made the conscious decision to cut off my dick. It ended up being the best productivity decision I’ve ever made.

>Do you honestly think the Internet is the only thing he will abandon if he doesn't fix his irresponsibility and lack of self-control?
Well, Mr. Armchair Psychologist, since he is apparently living a minimalist lifestyle, I'm pretty sure he has given up on a lot of things already.

>calling it "abandoning"
Just lol. Perhaps you're the one with issues.

>I'm pretty sure he has given up on a lot of things already.
Soon it will be his own life.

>Just lol. Perhaps you're the one with issues.
Yeah, my issue is that i'm conversing with a dumb faggot. I learned my mistake.

>Soon it will be his own life.
Yeah, that is definitely where he is headed if he has stopped using the internet at home. Like, how did the generations before us even survive without Internet.

Face the facts, he is actually doing something against his issues. Just because you can't imagine life without internet doesn't mean you have to get so hostile.

>Yeah, my issue is that i'm conversing with a dumb faggot. I learned my mistake.
You should stop arguing with your mirror, user.

I see that you are still butthurt that the issue isn't the Internet, but that the issue is a broken mind.
When a car engine is broken do you fix the tires instead?
This is the core issue here, and you are too stupid to grasp it.
Or maybe you have the same problem as the man so it makes you mad that someone is pointing out such things.

OP, are you the guy who originally posted this on the /wt/?

If so thanks, you've completely changed this user's life

I started minimalism in november and have finally hit the point of completion, it has been very freeing, but it also opened my eyes to the immeasurable sadness of my life (there are no more distractions to keep me from it)

>and have finally hit the point of completion
But you are still not dead yet. You have to shed your body in order to achieve true minimalism. That way you will separate yourself from distractions such as appearance, hygiene, fornication, and many other things.

If I didn't have to go to work to make money to pay for my internet, I'd just stay at home on the internet all day.

NOT HAVIN' BOOZE AT MY HOME HELPED FIGHT MY ALCOHOLISM. LIFEHACK. GENUIS.

>if you have a nail chewing habit, you should tear off the nails, or better yet cut off your fingers, instead of training yourself in some self-control

The guy is a retard.

>this
>for an 800 word "article"
>""""""""""minimalism""""""""""

Hipsters gonna hipster. He probably thinks not having the Internet is some sort of status symbol like that kid in school that always bragged that he didn't have a TV at home.

My sides

Isn't this just Asceticism for rich hipsters?

>Wow, those monks look so at peace. How do they do it?
>Years of deprivation and self-reflection.
>What's that? Dress like Steve Jobs? Time to be a "minimalist."

>phoneposter
ew

>Killing Home Internet Is the Most Productive Thing I’ve Ever Done
Apparently cross-dressing is even more productive.

Normal productivity: 100%
No internet productivity: 300%
Cross-dressing productivity: 3,000%

I wonder what would happen if you cross dressed without internet?

>I am rubber you are glue
This is the state of discussions on/g/

>Mimimalists
>Website downloads 3 megs of content

I'll say this.
When I turned off my internet for a year, for the first time in my life I was able to really study something. I woke up every morning and went right into studying.

When I turned it back on after a year, I dropped studying completely and went back to being a worthless piece of shit.

You again? Are you just a retard? Heute is qouting the article to which he provided the link. Also thats Not the only was to use geerntext.

>2MB of js

>content

Come on user, the content is the writing, which is only about 5KB of content.

I work as a 3D modeler and if I dont have reference photos on the fly it will slow me down to unimaginable point.
So go fucks yourselves

>implying 90% of this board would survive without stackoverflow

b-but muh scroll-enhancing lib that depends on a gameboy color emulator made with

Congrats, you have no self control. Go you.

Fuck off Luddite

Go live in the mountains

Oh, it's the rich guys pretending to be poor and now making money by getting (you)s from morons like OP

This was made for idiots like you. thenophone.com/

I Have adhd.
What's your excuses for being total cunts?

If you use the internet only for browsing facebook, then this might work for you

>minimalism
Literally a first world problem

This is how the world works, kid