Is it finally time? Is it over? After the very disappointing reviews of AMD's Ryzen 7 and 5 processors...

Is it finally time? Is it over? After the very disappointing reviews of AMD's Ryzen 7 and 5 processors, the company has nowhere left to go but belly up, they had their chance and blew it against Intel, I cannot think how they will ever recover from this.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6850K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600X/3606vs3920
techspot.com/news/68889-intel-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-processors-rumored.html
segmentnext.com/2017/01/25/intel-coffee-lake-6-core-leak/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I completely agree.. Ryzen was such a disappointment compeletely and utterly.... I am very glad I bought a 7700k

>disappointing

>8 core CPU
>not for multithreaded use cases
Pick one

It's a failure... no way around it... AMD fucked up completely with Ryzen 7 and 5

I don't think for games will be a good cpu, yet for compiling and anything that are easily paralelizable (running 8 instances of ampl of related problems) this is awesome.

AMD cannot survive this, Ryzen was supposed to change something but it did not, AMD is probably packing up their bags in a year

Kek, AMD fags on suicide watch.

Completlely agree, Ryzen was a complete disater.

>muh 140w 6900k housefire
Kek

It's a complete failure, guys, the Indonesians don't recommend it, Indonesia has the best review sites on the planet

Another shekel has been transfered to your jewaccount

>was looking forward to the bantz
>i5 got so btfo shills are barely making an effort
After the 7s I though Sup Forums would be nothing but shitposting now.

It's funny because the 3 RoTR benchmarks have completely different requirements.

One is CPU bound, the other is GPU bound

unless you want a 7700k based system, the Ryzen chips are better across the board so far.

Agreed, I love AMD to death and will commit sudoku because of your post.

This. I think AMD will stop making CPUs if by some miracle Ryzen cant gain a significant amount of marketshare. Vega will most likely keep them from dying, but AMD as a competitor in the CPU market is over.

Bulldozer all over again. ;_;

AMD dying is good for all of us technology enthusiasts, means Nvidia and Intel gets more money for development of powerful chips!

Yeah....AMD is finished and bankrupt.....................

>Intel shills and shitposters reduced to sperging without any evidence because they can't rely on day one R7 benchmarks anymore
Intelcucks BTFO'd out!

Are you fucking blind man? 8 core amd cpu's fall behind 4 core intel cpu's in sinlge core bound applications, which is what most people will be doing. Rendering and editing is done by a comparatively very small percentage of users, and once Intel releases Skymeme-x their base 6 core model will outperform the best of AMD in all workloads making them irrelevant there as well. Coffeememe will bring 6 core i7s and 4c/8t i5s which will make the entire ryzen lineup irrelevant for all workloads. Face it man, AMD as a competitor in the CPU market is done for. They tried, they failed. I really, really wanted AMD to btfo shilltel and introduce some real competition, but it didnt happen. All we can hope for now is that either an investor will turn AMD around, as they have the raw talent and capabilities but lack the budget, or some new competitor will emerge, both of which im not inclined to believe will happen anytime soon.

Welcome to another at least 3 years of being cucked by Intel and their outrageous prices again. Fuck this shit

Great concern troll, I read up to the third sentence.

>everyone who isnt as blind as me is a troll

Hurr durrr goop da da bup cof mop dub da bo bix nood muhfuga

Are you okay?

It is official; Steam now confirms: AMD is dying

One more crippling bombshell hit the already beleaguered AMD community when Intel confirmed that AMD market share has dropped yet again, now down to less than a fraction of 1 percent of all CPUs. Coming close on the heels of a recent Steam survey which plainly states that AMD has lost more market share, this news serves to reinforce what we've known all along. AMD is collapsing in complete disarray, as fittingly exemplified by failing dead last in the recent Gamer comprehensive Fallout 4 test.

You don't need to be a Kreskin to predict AMD's future. The hand writing is on the wall: AMD faces a bleak future. In fact there won't be any future at all for AMD because AMD is dying. Things are looking very bad for AMD. As many of us are already aware, AMD continues to lose market share. Red ink flows like a river of blood.

Ryzen is the most endangered of them all, having lost 93% of it's core users. The sudden and unpleasant departures of long time Ryzen shills Amada and Pajeet only serve to underscore the point more clearly. There can no longer be any doubt: AMD is dying.

>NO IMAGE
>NO LINKS
Stay REKT shill.

You have seen the benchmarks yourself

Besides, do you honestly believe anything AMD has now will be able to come close to a 4.8ghz 6 core cpu with Skymeme IPC? What about a 7700k with increased IPC at i5 prices?

Are you dreaming again?

>once Intel releases Skymeme-x their base 6 core model will outperform the best of AMD in all workloads
Their current 6 core compares to AMD's 6 cores about like this

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6850K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1600X/3606vs3920

It's insanely more expensive for 20% single core and 15% multicore. It also loses on TDP big time, using 140 watts. Their next 6 core would have to be much cheaper and have lower TDP in order to make it worth buying over AMD.

>4.8ghz 6 core cpu with Skymeme IPC
Seeing as the i7-6850K runs at 3.6 GHz base 3.8 GHz boost, you're on some serious drugs if you think their next model can come anywhere close to that.

Do you really have to act like a little kid?

techspot.com/news/68889-intel-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-processors-rumored.html

segmentnext.com/2017/01/25/intel-coffee-lake-6-core-leak/

>Still no graphs
>Still no links
R E K T
E
K
T

There is no mention of clockspeed in either of those articles. The idea of a 6 core CPU running at i7-7700K clockspeeds is insane. It won't work. You're a retarded, drooling Intel fanboy.

>JUST WAIT(TM)

Hahahahahahahahaah

Maybe he wants to OC it and induce the biggest housefires known to man, 6 cores at that frequency would be nearing 300W for the CPU alone

The 6 core coffee lake won't be even close to 7700k clocks, for starters.

Secondly, the entire Skylake-X platform tops out at 10 cores and gets soundly obliterated by the 16-12 core Zen HEDT platform coming out in June.

Yeah but they can scale it back to 250 watts and still be in the clear, amirite? XTREEEEEEME cores!

BDW-E is about 6% behind Skylake in IPC and hits a voltage wall around 4.2 ghz in most cases. We're looking at at least 15% increase in performance with the added 6% performance in IPC and about 9% increase in clocks at the very least (calculated based on 4.6 ghz being the clocks, which is very achievable given how Haswell 8 cores can hit 4.4 ghz and Skylake is a much better overclocker).

Im talking OC clocks m8

>My hypothetical wish list rumored chip will beat Ryzen, you'll see!
>Just Wait(TM)
Intelfags on literal suicide watch.

I didnt say that it would run at 7700k clocks faggot. Its Skylake-x, it would most likely run at 6700k clocks. Not that surprising since Haswell 8 core cpus can oc to 4.4 ghz, and skylake is a much better overclocker.

They'll use the architecture in some new APUs and slap them into notebooks and consoles. Console sales outnumber home PC sales anyway, and Intel has the business market cornered.

Man you AMD fanboys are delusional as fuck. I hate shilltel just as much as you do, but im not buying an inferior product just for memes. I wish ryzen would btfo intel, but it didnt. Stop crying and accept it

You're clueless about Skylake-X, keep dreaming, you're not getting Haswell much less Skylake clocks with a SKL-X for the simple reason that SKL-X has 4 times the private L2 than any other Intel CPU.

>disappointing reviews
>like 90% of them recommend it
try harder

If Skylake X doesnt clock much higher than broadwell there would be no point in getting it. 6700k clocks might be ambitious but we're looking at least Haswell clocks, which is enough to beat ryzen by a large margin in everything except rendering, where Ryzen will have a small lead.

>If Skylake X doesnt clock much higher than broadwell there would be no point in getting it.
MOAR
L2
PER
FUCKING
CORE.
Are you that fucking clueless about CPUs?

>belly up
>thinks this is how business works

Worst case scenario, if they don't find considerable uses for their cpus in niche markets, AND their GPU business dries up overnight, another company like Intel may try to buy them out. This is unlikely, because that would give Intel the monopoly and no one wants that.

Otherwise, they will keep chugging along, getting cash infusions from companies and governments that don't want to see an Intel monopoly until they finally make something amazing happen.

Can you not read? It has four times the L2 than regular Skylakes and even Broadwell's per core, that L2 is run on the core clocks, not decoupled clocks like the L3(which is also 3 times smaller in SKL-X) and L2 is both high power and hot, it also means the core is fucking huge and uses a shitload of power, there's no theoretical way you're getting high overclocking on it without LN2

Just repeating something doesn't make it true. Calm down Intelbabby, AMD didn't crush the competition's latest chips.. it's merely on par (disregarding cost where it can BTFO out of the other chips at same price points) so there's no need to damage control this hard.

So why release a skylake-x at all then? Doesnt make sense to me to release a whole new lineup on a new socket that give or take performs about the same as BDW-E

Skylake-X is irrelevant anyway.

>Doesnt make sense to me to release a whole new lineup on a new socket that give or take performs about the same as BDW-E
>COOOOOOCKSPEEEEEEDS ARE EVERYFIN
God Intel please make NetBurst2.

It doesn't make sense to you because you're basically clueless on how CPUs work, but I'll be nice enough in this case.

For starters, it has Optane support.
Also Skylake-X is a cheap entry point into AVX512, that's its main role.
Secondly, you seriously must be insane if you think the only reason to release a new HEDT platform is because it can overclock more than the other, overclocking is niche as it already stands.
Thirdly, Skylake-X has already been in the works before Ryzen released, there's no reason to cancel it and piss off investors.
Lastly, Intel needs to provide the bare minimum of competition, Skylake-X if priced right will do very good against the zen 8 cores, but it's basically hopeless against the 12 and 16 cores with it topping out at 10 cores.

Oh, and I forgot to mention intel needs to somehow sell the defective Xeon parts that didn't qualify as a xeon due to voltage or cache problems, no point in throwing them away once you defuse the defective parts

>you're clueless
>anyone who doesnt agree with me is clueless

Ill readily admit that i didnt think that the increased cache would be that much of a problem in attaining higher clocks, but lets not jump to baseless conclusions

>For starters, it has Optane support.
Also Skylake-X is a cheap entry point into AVX512, that's its main role.

Seems beyond stupid to me to pay 600+ dollars for optane memory and AVX512 support, and zero overall performance gains. But hey, i wouldnt be surprised that much after the bullshit intel has pulled before. Guess i expected too much of them

>think the only reason to release a new HEDT platform is because it can overclock more than the other, overclocking is niche as it already stands.

Higher OC would also mean higher base clocks. In the enthusiast market OCing is definitely not a niche either.

The rest of your points are irrelevant to the consumer/selling the product. If Skylake x is going to be as disappointing as you're claiming it is very, very little people will be buying it. Optane memory and AVX512 right now are beyond niche.

amd beats intel in the budget market, and always will. most people have a low budget. the only problem is intel paying companies to use intel cpu's. thats why all prebuilds have intel. but in bang for your buck in the budget space, amd wins nearly constantly. ryzen 3 will be great. its going to be very affordable, and it will run anything just fine. Maybe not as fast but, honestly, if you're not rendering videos, who cares. all other renderes use a gpu nowadays. and a r3 will be enough for all games to be playable, maybe not 60+fps at max, but a 45 should be doable. hell, run the games at medium. Do you feel the difference between max and medium settings? (not see, feel)

i mean, an athlon II x3 450 can run all modern titles when overclocked. since i use one

>intelfag are now wait fags

Hardly, the cheapest AVX512 capable devices were accelerators at $2000 before Skylake-X.
And nobody said it won't have increased base clocks, of course it will, but that doesn't imply higher OCing.

Nobody said it's disappointing, this whole thing started because you think you'll be getting high OC on Skylake-X which devolved "is this platform shit or not", it's not, it has its uses.
Also Optane is really good for its use case, which is IOPS bound workloads and especially powerful at low queue depths, NAND doesn't have that.

For the record, HEDT platforms are already beyond niche.

desu 6 cores with more ipc and 30% higher OC is the same if not better

Intels HEDT base models are about 50 dollars more expensive than the i7 mainstream models, with i7 mainstream now being x299 based as well the line between them is further blurred. These chips were never beyond niche, someone who is willing to spend 350 dollars will also be willing to spend 410 dollars if the performance is sufficiently better.

My entire point here was that a higher clocked Skylake-x base model would ruin the r7 lineup as it would demolish them in gaming and come fairly close in MT workloads. Now if we assume (which is a big if) that the cache will make it impossible to reach these higher clocks then i would be wrong here, which ill admit.

I never argued wether the platform was shit overall, like i said my point from the beginning was about how it would perform compared to Ryzen, in workloads that people who buy Ryzen would run.

>effectively killed i5s
>disappointment

>I can't provide ANY evidence for my shitposts
>But just accept it goy!
Kill yourself shekelchaser.

Skylake-X has higher ipc than the 7700K but won't clock as high

>IF

but i can zip and unzip folders super fast

Base 6 core is some $420 from what I recall, plus the expensive motherboards.

The Broadwell 6 cores don't do very well against the R7's, Skylakes will have like 5% more IPC, that's hardly gonna change the situation.

>Skylake-X has higher ipc than the 7700K
Prove it.

Can someone explain those threads to me?

I think it's crystal clear that 50% of you guys will buy AMD and the other 50% will buy intel, regardless of any benchmarks or memes..

I mean.. it's just microchips. It's not like there can be only one manufacturer or people will die a terrible death if they buy the wrong product. It's really just a piece of hardware.

Also
>reduced the entire Intel desktop line-up to the 7700K, which is still a one-trick pony

>j-just wait, Coffee Delayke is j-just a-around the c-c-corner!

>Can someone explain shitposting to me
Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend.

You forgot that one pentium.

>He fell for the irrelevant in reality gaming benchmarks
>He compares ryzen to kaby lake in single threaded and broadwell-e in multithreaded

Or alternatively
>He actually gets paid for his blatant shill posts

>i7 mainstream now being x299 based
[citation needed]
As far as we know kaby-x is just a low end option for x299. x299 is still going to be their HEDT platform, mobos are going to be a extra $100 compared to 1151 and AM4 mobos.

Their 6c skylake-x will probably start at $430 as usual, and their 8c at at least $800.

Coffee lake will be their new mainstream socket, and only then will they actually start to compete with ryzen with cheap 6c cpus that also outperform the 7700k in gaming.

>My entire point here was that a higher clocked Skylake-x base model would ruin the r7 lineup

No one doubts that sky-x will be better than ryzen. It'll just cost a lot more.

Citation needed,keep hearsay to a minimum

The Poorfag Pentium is going to get flushed down the drain by AMD's upcoming Raven Ridge APUs.

Granted, it is speculation, but I think it's the far most reasonable scenario. Someone thinking that intel will suddenly change and make their HEDT platform mainstream and cheap is the one making the exceptional claim, I'm just saying intel will be intel.

Intel can't compete with x299 and skylake-x against ryzen in price. If they do, they will expose their blatant price-gauging since ~2010.

They will also have to lower the prices on their quadcores significantly, meaning less profit.

They don't really have a reason to either. The combination of shills(+everything will be single-threaded forever meme), ryzen reviews focusing on gaming, and people only caring about game performance mixed with a healthy dose of ignorace means that intel is still selling loads of 7600ks and 7700ks, making good money.

I feel sorry for those deluded idiots, but they'll be the ones crying when Zen+ comes out, and everyone who bought into the AM4 socket upgrades their CPUs while Intelbabbies are stuck with no upgrade path and forced to spend hundreds on a new motherboard just to stay on the Intel barely-worth-it upgrade train.

you dont lower settings to help a cpu. ryzen 3 wont give anyone problems getting 60fps

>legitimately recommended by many reviewers
>great for budget builders
>inb4 poor fag
>Intel shills now:BUT THE FRAMES IN GAMES AREN'T AS GOOD.
>Intel shills last year: if you're a gaymur kill yourself.
>Sup Forums is the final level of hell
>no matter what you get something new comes along that btfo of whatever you just got
>you will never escape

10 cores might be even harder to OC on the B350s but the Taichi will be safe up to 12 cores