Monitor thread?

Lets have a monitor thread.

I cant decide between 24" 1440p ips, 4k 28" tn panel, or 29" 1080p ultrawide ips.

What wud u do Sup Forums?

Gtx 1060 6gb btw

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/lc27fg70fqnxza-lc27fg70fqnxza/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot to mention, i play lots of video games and i do video editing/graphic designing as hobby.

Do NOT use a 24" 1440p IPS, Only ever use 1440o at 27" and above. Go for the 29" 1080p ultrawide, user

27" 120-144hz 1600p 10bit Freesync2 when

22" 1080 vertical, 27" 1440 vertical, 50" 2160 vertical. No reason to go any bigger or any smaller.

heres some helpful info for gsync users

CAP YOUR FPS BELOW YOUR REFRESH LIMIT

>Do NOT use a 24" 1440p IPS
Why not?

You just have to sit a bit closer than 27".

It's all about viewing distance.

25" 1440p is fine too.

same fagging here, but nvidia doesn't fucking say shit about this anywhere. If you have a gsync monitor it will not work at max refresh rate, it will stop working at approximately 90% max refresh rate.

funny thing is most people don't even notice the micro-tearing associated with 120hz+ displays and just assume that gsync is working.

Why not?

He probably puts it 2 feet back and complains when the text is small and hard to read.

a 27" at that distance is probably fine, a 24" monitor at that distance wouldn't be great, however just moving it forward 6-12 inches would make it fine again.

How can Dell be so incompetent?

3 monitors in one Delivery and I get this on all?

Basically this with gsync.

Now is one of the worst times to buy a monitor with all this new stuff coming out.

What do you guys think about the 29um58?

Worth it? Or should i go for 24 inch ips 1080p

>4k 28 tn panel
Gtx 1060 wont be enough

Dell has a shipping service now?

want to use 1440p on 14" here

It always has.. u live under a rock?

i purchased a used dell ultrasharp 4K IPS 24" for $200, they are 700 brand new
LOVE IT FOR GAMING LOVE IT FOR EVERYTHING

Dumb shitposter

32" 1440p VA.
That's what I'd do.

1440p 25" master race reporting in pic related

Can u even read text on that..

get a 27" 1440p ips

you what?

peasant!

Which one do u recommend? Im really tight on the budget doe.

>Three monitors damaged on the exact same points
>Same type of damage/cracking
>Separate packages

Not too hard to work out that:
A) They're willingly shipping with incompetent fucks for the sake of cutting costs
B) Their quality control is beyond shit and they can't determine that three monitors are produced to an unacceptable after leaving the line
C) If not that, then the packaging that they have specifically designed for the monitor is poor and doesn't protect it in transit.

Having also dealt with Dell for b2b sales, I have nothing more to say other than contacting/negotiating with them is a chore. This shouldn't be the case for any business.

How is the panel on this in general? I only hear sub-par comments about it when compared to the U2515H.

Thoughts?

Hopefully you have better luck than me...

Not sure, i tested the 24 version and its actually pretty impressive.

how would you even compare an 99% aRGB panel to a standard gamut one like the U2515H
a totally different thing and people that don't know about that probably have no idea how to deal with color management as well, that's probably where their complaints come from

Would recommend the Dell UltraSharp U2715H but since you're on a budget, try the AOC Q2775PQU, i've heard they use the same Panels as Dell.

Because I'm talking about from the aspect of using both in sRGB and how the two compare panel wise in general... putting the aRGB aside.

Source?

Also thoughts on the acer cb281 hk and samsung u28e590ds? Im running on gtx 1060 doe..

really similar
if you're using it uncalibrated and in srgb anyways then you might just get the 2515 if you don't need the KVM switching functionality

I'll definitely be calibrating it, I care about colour accuracy for sure as the main use will be PS/Lightroom and 'general usage'. Gayming isn't the priority in terms of the monitor choice although it may see some use for that.

As far as I'm aware aRGB is used most for reference in printing etc rather than digital images so it may be of SOME benefit to me having aRGB, but I can't see it getting immediate or frequent use.

I've not used a colour calibrator before would look for something like a spyder5PRO. It seems to be in the sort of price range that I'd pay and looks like it has good reviews. Out of interest... how long do these calibrators last before they become "outdated"?

KVM switching in the UP2516D, In what context is that used...? Do you mean USB devices will be passed through to the relevant output method when switched? e.g from KB+M passed from HDMI to DisplayPort

Get the i1, xrite are the only one that can talk to the internal luts
Yes, you can link the USB upstream ports to the input switching

>I cant decide between 24" 1440p ips, 4k 28" tn panel, or 29" 1080p ultrawide ips.

4k and tn...

Ultrawide or a cheap 27 1440p

>you just gotta sit closer

thats retarded. why should i have to sit closer to see any difference when i paid an extra $200

of course i'm gonna get a bigger screen for a bigger resolution, its common sense

Sorry, so does that suggest I can calibrate the monitor at a hardware level as opposed to software/OS level? If not, what's the benefit?

Exactly

Oh hell, that's great. That's really nice. The KVM sounds interesting too as I'll be using Linux with a VGA passthrough for Windows... I'll just need to determine exactly how that works though to be sure.

>25" 1080 vertical
ftfy

>4k
>TN
Nigger you're getting jewed.

4K monitor with minimal bezels?

You forgot the
>1060

Dell and LG have some good options. Do your own research.

Look m8, we all like memes to some extent... but you're just taking it too far now. That's just silly

There's literally nothing wrong with 24" 1440p.

Get better eyesight, visionlet.

Who 24" 16:10 1200p 144Hz IPS masterrace here?

Sorry, what? Did I read 1200p 144Hz?
>Source-a-roony?

Is 27" too big for 1080p?

I'm looking for something that's 24-27", 1080p, and less than $200.

I don't think I really care if it's TN or IPS but I like the look of a small frame or "infinite edge" like some of the Dells are doing.

The low cost is to be able to buy two (eventually 3) of them and slide them right up next to each other for a near seamless view.

I forgot to mention I'm looking for Freesync since I'm on an RX 480.

1440p is going to be obsolete soon why the fuck would anyone get 1440p?

>Is 27" too big for 1080p?

Yes.

Probably the best monitor for the price.

No 4K unless you have two 1070s or at least one 1080ti

I'm thinking of buying one of those old and chunky hp or Dell 1440p or 1600p LCD screens because I'm a poorfag.
Should I?

I have an old ass CCFL monitor that absolutely cooks in the summer. So i'm hoping to get a new one before then... what are my options, 27", USB hub, decent resolution, i don't play twitchy games so high refresh isn't important.

Thoughts?
samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/lc27fg70fqnxza-lc27fg70fqnxza/

lol that screen looks fagogoty

If you're going with an ultrawide, I'd suggest springing for the 34in. I recently got a 29 and ended up returning it for a 34, felt really small. The sheer difference in size is worth it imo. Here's the comparison shots between the two

I see what you mean. Huge difference. And at least having it as the central monitor grounds the whole thing.

two 22/24 1080p
One single screen is usually not enough

What's a good 1080p, IPS monitor in the 24" range with at least 60hz for less than $200?

Impossible? Do I need to save up more?

BenQ VZ2470H

>Acer GN276HL bid 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Display
>you can find for around 200 probably less
>8/10 plus dat refresh rate

Should I trade a 1440p 60Hz screen to a 1080p 144Hz curved one?
And double monitor vs ultra wide?
Currently using an U2515H btw

Looking for a 4K HDR (10 bit) panel with GSync.

Same
BenQ PD3200U looks nice though

What are recommended 24 PWM-free displays on the marker?

What's the BenQ meme?

best gaming monitor 2017?
need 1ms refresh 120+hz and IPS colours and/or viewing directions

>4k
>1060
>gaming

kek

I have trouble with my 1060 und 1440p

>this

the 1060 is for 1080p gaming unless you want to get shitty frames and run on medium quality graphics 1440p

>need 1ms refresh 120+hz and IPS colours and/or viewing directions
no you don't, you can be sure I can beat you on an old 15ms panel.

>tfw using some 4:3 dell and a 1080p 21.5 inch philips
it cant get comfier than this

So Sup Forums what is the best monitor for this gtx 1060?

What is the best monitor up to ~500€ (can stretch it to 600 if it makes a difference)? My system is 6700k / 1070. IS there anything that stands out as best buy right now or should I wait?

>Go for the 29" 1080p ultrawide, user
You were right till this part. Ultrawide is a meme garbage.

How many inches?
>not telling response time
>g-sync
Into the garbage bin it goes.

So I'm looking for a monitor for gaming and my current setup is pretty stupid. I bought into the "ultrawidescreen meme" so I purchased a 34 in UHD acer predator. It's a fantastic screen for working/everyday stuff but I am not good at gaming on it. I recently pulled out a 22inch 1080 monitor that I had and I game much more efficient. So I'm looking for something that's 22-27 that's 1440pmin and has the ability to have the screen raised up or down a few inches.

My video card is 1080.

Is this monitor really that good? I kind of really want the size of PG348Q but 144Hz just feels so damn great.