Are you using the world's best laptop, user?

Are you using the world's best laptop, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/1920-1080-Laptop-LED-Screen-For-lenovo-W510-W520-W530-Y580-Y500-E530-K590s-k580-k580P/32788773991.html?
aliexpress.com/item/15-6-1920-1080-Matrix-Laptop-Full-HD-LCD-screen-B156HW01-V-4-B156HW02-V-1/32765007193.html
panelook.com/B156HW01 V3_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_685.html
panelook.cn/B156HW01 V4_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_686.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw to intelligent to own a laptop

Fun fact: that's a T520, rather than the T420 or the X220 that most of Sup Forums owns. So a lot of rossposters aren't actually using the world's best laptop. IMO the T520 is better than the T420 solely because it can use the W520 1080p panel (TN, but pretty good) as a stock option.

Yeah. T520 user here. It's an okay laptop. I don't see what the hype is all about.

This. Further adding to the irony, Sup Forums uses the shit tier X220 for what the T420 would be better suited for, and the T420 for what the T520 would be better suited for

What's the keyboard like fampai

It's okay. It's better than my previous laptop (Dell Inspiron). But I've not been a Thinkpad user for most of my life so I can't say I understand the keyboard meme.

>W520 1080p panel (TN, but pretty good)
good luck finding one tho, that shit is rarer than the holy grail.
there's one on ebay for like 250gbp.

that's literally the only thing holding me back, I'd get one if the panel could be found easily.

My older brother now has a t430. Only complaint is a slow boot time, but that can be fixed with a fresh install and a new HDD most likely.

>a new HDD most likely.
get a SSD retard

I have the posibillity to use a T430s

Im new to Sup Forums so what should i do with it except install ganhoo

I suggested him to do that. He has been looking into is.

Is a HDD+SSD combo possible?

It also has a dead battery so i need one of those also

Of course, I really would have liked the W520 more but it's twice as expensive.

My T520 has a 1080 panel, it's an upgrade and it's not the one that Lenovo offers but rather the panel the equivalent the Elitebook of its generation offered. Still pretty good, nice viewing angles, good colors, a bit warm.

It's 55 USD plus shipping on Ali:
aliexpress.com/item/1920-1080-Laptop-LED-Screen-For-lenovo-W510-W520-W530-Y580-Y500-E530-K590s-k580-k580P/32788773991.html?

yes, also for max speeds I'd suggest a msata SSD + SSHD combo

No, wait, apparently those are lower quality. These are better, but 85 plus shipping: aliexpress.com/item/15-6-1920-1080-Matrix-Laptop-Full-HD-LCD-screen-B156HW01-V-4-B156HW02-V-1/32765007193.html

yes. 13'' rMBP

This so hard
The t420 is the worst meme of all time

The original lenovo panel had 95% of srgb color gamut and very good viewing angles iirc.

What model is the elitebook panel?

I doubt it's the original one, might be a "compatible" one.

Pretty sure they are "compatible", the exact auo panel was discontinued long ago, so the only originals left are used ones.

Mine is AU Optronics B156HW01 V3, I see it offered as a replacement part for Elitebooks. You're right about the colors, according to
panelook.com/B156HW01 V3_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_685.html
panelook.cn/B156HW01 V4_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_686.html
Mine has only 60% whereas the V4 has 95% indeed. Still miles better than the 1366x768 mine came with.

Indeed this is most likely a compatible panel like mine.

If the seller says it is the same panel, you can always get a refund if he's trying to chink you. I mean, AUO made hundreds of thousands of these, and China is littered with OEM spares for Thinkpads. It's not too much of a stretch to think that these are NIB OEM parts that weren't bought back in the day.

>It's not too much of a stretch to think that these are NIB OEM parts that weren't bought back in the day.

Not really, it's a known fact that the exact AUO B156HW01 V.4 and the V.7 panels, which were the only good ones, are almost extinct and that anything that it's new is probably a compatible one, it might even have the same model number, but you can almost be %100 sure it's not the original AUO panel.

TFW you bought a fucked w520 for 20 bucks that had a perfectly auo working panel

>TFW you bought a fucked w520 for 20 bucks that had a perfectly auo working panel
lucky bastard

This weasely Jew is pretty irritating to watch.

for you

No, my XT2 broke. Using my friend's PowerBook G4 for now

That ain't the 2015 mbp

He certainly is now. 2 hours of video where he fixes maybe two boards and spends 90% of the time ranting.

He might have already covered the majority of problems/fixes in shorter videos in the past but when he gets something that's really fucked up now he doesn't make a concise video about fixing it, he just does it on the stream which takes at least three times as long and often doesn't have the detail process he used to do.

>to intelligent
Lol

me too lmfao. i installed an 850 evo and 16gb of ram.

DON'T

Yes, I am still using a 2010 MacBook Air. Need to change the battery though.

I also bought a cheap Lenovo IdeaPad 310 with 12 GB of RAM recently because I was tired of only having 4 GB of RAM but the trackpad and screen are so shit I keep going back to my trusty MacBook Air. Will probably end up selling the Lenovo and buying a new MacBook Air or whatever cheap MacBook they sell after the next refresh.

You know there are laptops with more than 4gb of ram with trackpads and screens that aren't complete shit. You just made two shitty purchases instead of one half decent one.

rice and stickers
post in /tpg/ for (you)'s

I still don't know what's the red button in the middle of the keyboard is for.

>two shitty purchases
Don't know my friend, I pretty happy with my 7 year old MacBook Air.

>You know there are laptops with more than 4gb of ram with trackpads and screens that aren't complete shit

MacBooks

And any Dell or ThinkPad with a precision touchpad from a non shit branding

Haha shame anime lovers mate Xd

>And any Dell or ThinkPad with a precision touchpad

Vastly inferior to MacBook trackpad

But they'll also include a trackpoint, which is vastly superior to any trackpad

No, I'm not Louis so I can't hold that thing like it's lightweight.

I use the X220 because I like small. Though to be completely honest I don't use it much anymore.

this

i got a cheap 256gb 2011 macbook air running only debian and the screen touchpad form factor and weight shit on my old memepad

Sup Forums has lost its credibility....

Rossmann never said it's the best, he only said it fits hes needs

>ram dies
>have to buy a new Mac

We tried to warn you and you didn't listen