Want to buy a strong GPU

>want to buy a strong GPU
>don't want to support Nvidia
>the 480 is underpowered and Vega is far away

Is the Fury X still worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/PowerColor-Devil-13-Dual-Core-R9-390-DX-12-AXR9-390-II-16GBD5-16GB-/272530588397
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for 250€(300€ MAX) yes
if you are lucky you can get cheap 290x or 390x for 150€

they are all shit compared to pascal.. in price/performance/power consumption...

How far away is Vega? Wasn't it supposed to come out like a couple of months after the 480?

Vega RX probably out this summer, hold out user

Why you would do that? AMD isn't a fucking charity.

Really sticking it to the MAN by choosing the underdog billion dollar company.

Hey, Israel.

depends on how much you can get it for

it's all about the price like said but imo you should wait until next month that's when rx vega is suppose to be released

how many pascal gpus have you bought 1080 titan xp 1080 ti titan Xp lol, maybe he doesnt want to support a company that price gouges and fucks their customers in the ass

You're only price gouging yourself choosing the shittier performer because of brand loyalty, thats all.

GCN is getting long in the tooth, and Fiji was probably its most unbalanced incarnation.

Vega is under 2 months away, and leaks will be starting soon, so I wouldn't recommend a Fury X unless you can find one quite cheap and/or consider it just a very short term solution.

Vegas about a month away.
I agree, fuck nvidiot.
RX 500 series NDA lifts tomorrow, expected to be a more capable 480 so closer to Furyx performance.
Could buy a 580 and then a vega when it comes out without supporting those dirty jewvidia bastards

>buying based on brand instead of value
Granted, AMD is usually the winner, but you're a literal shill for never considering the competition.

>don't want to support Nvidia
>corporate politics identity bullshit

Its not that deep senpai. Its just a graphics processor to go in your computer to play children's games, don't insert grown up issues in this matter. Its dumb. Play your babby games and shut up.

two months away? this summer? I thought I heard that Vega was coming next week/end of april? or is that only the RX refresh?

>We know literally nothing about Vega's price
>We know almost nothing about Vega's performance
>choosing the shittier performer
>price gouging

I bought a Fury for $240 back in January to go with my new build. Couldn't stomach a gtx 660 at 1440p anymore. It's a solid card for this resolution, and I should be able to sell it for about $200 when Vega drops. Not a bad deal all around.

you should wait

What is your display? Why not just crossfire some 1400mhz 480s?

Yeah, the 1070 at $350 is a really solid choice right now.

A fury card on sale at around $250 is going to get you most of a 1070s performance

The non-X Fury is the form I want the higher-end Vegas to have.

> no closed loop cooling time bomb
> sexy high-flow fan on back third of card
> Vega 10 will only be 225-250W according to Instinct MI-25 enterprise card leaks

390x = fury x in alot of games anyway due to fury x dx11 and architecture being a little strange.

Just wait for vega like the rest of us

Bought the super long Anus 480 from Amazon this month for my Ryzen build and that shit is getting R E T U R N E D. I'll just tell them it had a few random crashes or something. I want that 580.

Yeah i have a 390x thats almost a year old and i feel like doing the same thing

But its too stronk ill keep it as my backup card

that's the RX refresh.
vega woun't be out for ages.

May

your joking

it will be like the 480

we wont get stock for months because yield and market is hungry for new amd cards.

Hello, goy.

Which is why the professional ones are already in the wild

good but surely someone has some game benchmarks?

NDAs are a hell of a thing senpai
I cannot confirm or deny quality and quantity received.

wew

4k performance better be up to par so i can finally get a new screen

>far away
>two months
>maybe
>far away
>willing to blow $200+ on an outdated RAM starved product with utilization issues
>far
>away
Nigger.

>>willing to blow $200+ on an outdated RAM starved product with utilization issues
this

even 390x has less ram problems

Wait for Computex~

Most Fury reviews are back when all they had were non-Crimson drivers that were actually kind of shitty. Modern drivers put a regular Fury between a 980 and 980ti, dunno about the X, but it's probably just barely touching a 980ti

In a week the RX 500 series will come out, with increased clocks and lower prices, making the RX 580 (or 590 perhaps if they name it like that) the best option around price-performance.

Vega is likely to release in the next month or two and then we'll see its price / performance. Do NOT buy a Fury X right now, it is not a worthwhile card thanks to its small amount of VRAM; at least in terms of gaming and whatnot. Sure, if you can get it used an extra cheap it can be useful for some things like cryptomining or whatnot but it isn't a primary card that's for sure.

Supporting AMD is a good idea for a future of ethical development - as opposed to Nvidia proprietary shit - and their new hardware is coming out soon. See how it stacks up and then make your decision. At very least wait for the RX 500 series, but if you want a high end competitor wait for Vega. Then decide on how it stacksup.

>strong gpu
>not nvidia
>what did he mean by this

ebay.com/itm/PowerColor-Devil-13-Dual-Core-R9-390-DX-12-AXR9-390-II-16GBD5-16GB-/272530588397

you know what you have to do

I've got one, I'm still happy with the performance and I play at 2560x1440.
I am very interested to see how Vega turns out, because if it dominates my Fury X, I'll definitely consider it. Probably go for Vega 20 instead though.

Man I love these insane dualchip Powercolors. Their 295x2 is legendary.

>product A will be gimped in the future by company X just to sell new A2 product. This was done in the past.
>product B performs worse than product A in general, but is cheaper, and actually gains performance over time due to updates by company Y.

If I had to buy it right now I would go for Nvidia. If I could wait I would. Till new amd one is out to compare it with nvidia offer.

There's nothing wrong with supporting Nvidia, there are pros and cons to Nvidia and AMD.

>There's nothing wrong with supporting Nvidia
Good goy.

>nothing wrong with supporting proprietary everything: the company
Fuuuuck right off.

> Retard too young to remember when 3DFX ruled PC's

> retard too young to remember the glorious golden age of PC gaming that also had 6 different renderers and proprietary cards out the ass.

The only thing you can complain about now is price for high-end gaming cards.

They were pulling the same shit NVIDIA does now. They died. Now what?

They died because of ATI and Nvidia and OpenGL winning and 3DFX dying.

The AMD retards are too dumb to realize AMD does shady shit too.

3DFX glide was revolutionary though, and only lasted about 6-7 years, but it made PC gaming the monster bleeding edge beast it was back in 95-2002

D3D was already starting to take over around 2000

>AMD does shady shit
Such as?
3.5+0.5? Oh wait, that's Nvidia
Removing hardware schedulers to improve performance per watt, then claiming that your cards can handle all functions of DX12? That's Nvidia
Implementing software schedulers and saying you've got "true" asynchronous compute?
Nvidia
Releasing a top tier card, rebranding your cards onto the next generation of process node, naming your new top tier card the very same?
Nvidia
Then repeating that by releasing a card which trumps your top tier card and so releasing yet another card of the same name that is just that little bit better?
Nvidia
Having two cards of the same name have different specs outside of simply removing some VRAM?
Nvidia
Telling developers to use functions of an API of which your last generation cards are utterly terrible at because that will make your newer cards seem that much stronger in comparison?
Nvidia
Refusing to adopt free and open technology - even if only as an alternative rather than the only choice?
Nvidia

What has AMD done?
Claimed that Fury X would be an overclockers dream? Yeah, Lisa Su did mess up with that - but she didn't lie about the specifications, she just misled people about the potential it had.

Go on, tell me what else AMD has done.

It's less about "the man" and more about wanting their to be proper competition, which is good for the consumer.

the AMD schills are out

>fury x
>timebomb

Wut

Not an argument. Give me a proper response.
YOU (or if not you, that poster) made a claim. I want to hear some reasoning for that claim.

Its not the Fury X GPU that's the timebomb, they were referencing the closed loop cooler on it.
Closed loop coolers will eventually fail, no matter how reliable. Can range from the motor failing to run, evaporation over time reducing the fluid to too low of a level, full on leak due to damage/wear & tear...
Then there's the fact that there's no way of knowing how clean the radiators are. Did they clean them before use? We don't know.

When I moved my Fury X from its CLC to a custom open loop, I made sure to clean my radiators for 24 hours before even going near the point of installing them. The amount of SHIT that was inside them from the manufacturing process was unreal.
Doesn't even have to be big lumps; in fact, its just as bad if its smaller, because it'll get into even more places and potentially fuck up even more shit.

This
AMD gets there through competitive products. They can't live off of fanboys and pity purchasers like you.
Thankfully they often do have competitive products and are hardly out on the edge death like shitposters have complained for the last 10 years.

Personally waiting for vega just for price reasons but doubt anything interesting will happen.
Fury isn't really a good value at all.

I'm not a pity purchaser, nor am I a fanboy. I was making the point that when someone says "I don't want to support Nvidia" and goes with AMD, it might not just be a case of fanboyism or "sticking it to the man", but a case of wanting to contribute to one company not having total domination of the market.

>contribute to the company
Everything i said still stands.

trust me amd lives or dies off its ability to sell products on their merit. "fighting a monopoly" does nothing. And basing a purchasing decision on anything other than performance/price is retarded.

wait for vega

So uhh, Whats happening with HBM?

Is it in any rumored cards coming out this or next gen?

Do you think that our actions don't have consequence? Less so in the case of AMD for example, because who gives a shit about them in the moral sense, but like the idea of supporting companies who engage in shady practices or benefit from human suffering versus those who don't?

>2017
>still buying 28nm which is 5 years old
don't do it unless it's dirt cheap. dirt.

AMD does more "charitable" stuff than nYidia by developing royalty-free standards (Mantle -> Vulkan, DX12; freesync; tressfx..) and not gimping games to run less slow on their hardware.

>Don't want to support Nvidia
buy it used, there is good chances that you will still find a used card which is still under warranty.

That's just marketing desu.
No western companies really use slaves or anything. Most have possitive economic impacts on the developing world even.
Stuff like "fair trade" coffee is 100% marketing bs.

You can market morality to cut a niche but even then, apple is hardly struggling cause people don't like Foxconn or whatever. I buy the best product available. Everything else is the responsibility of the legal system.

The schilling is real

pro duo

Fair enough user, just curious as to what your opinion was.

WAIT (TM) FOR VEGA

Yes VEGA.

>The truth is shilling

Trash

>Its just a graphic processor to go in your computer
>The drivers are closed source with shit shit tons of telemetry that send your config to Nvidia laterally before you accepts the EULA in the setup

freesync is shit, tressfx is shit and doesn't look as good or work as well as hairworks, Vulkan is superior in every measurable way and who gives a shit about DX12

I have personally done a blind test of Freesync vs Gsync, I honestly couldn't tell the difference, but both were obviously different than the monitor without.

tressfx is better for actual hair, hairworks is better for fur

Vulkan is based off Mantle so not sure where you're going there.