Windows 10 requires you to uninstall Steam to continue using it

New Windows 10 update requires you to uninstall Steam. You can't continue to use W10 without updating as you all know, since it forces you to update and will reset your computer even if you are using it after waiting long enough.

Today its Steam, tomorrow it'll be whatever else Microsoft doesn't like. Congrats on installing an operating system that literally forces you to uninstall programs whenever it feels like or it stops working.

If only Valve wasn't complete shit and made a Linux distro that wasn't total garbage and kicked the shit out of AMD and NVidia to write some motherfucking drivers.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hahaha holy shit

>but you can reinstall them after the upgrade is done

wow it's fucking nothing

dis good

Which update are you trying to install?

Steam uninstalling? Won't that remove the entirety of their steam library. I know when i made the mistake of uninstalling i thought it would just remove the client itself and not the entire installed game library.

You have to be the most heavily cucked Microshill I have ever seen

It saddens me that people like you still exist in this world.

>A completely unrelated third party program must be removed to update windows 10
Sure thing pajeet. It totally has nothing to do with valves criticism of microsoft and trying to push linux more. Microsoft totally isn't going to use updates to silence programs they don't approve of.

Glad to see Microsoft taking out the DRM trash. Are they /our guy/?

Holy shit I was about to move to W10 for my Ryzen1600 build, thank god I'll stick to W7.
P.S: Does DX12 impact Ryzen a lot compared to DX11?

No, you can delete the entire Steam root folder and without losing your games as long as you leave "steamapps" untouched. The games will still be there when you reinstall Steam.

>Just gonna keep using my shit OS
>It's okay that it does stupid shit I can just fix it!

It works for me, dude

this

Wow. They just keep coming up with new ways of being terrible.

It literally sounds like you're describing any gnu/linux distro

>update to creators
>didn't prompt me that it was uninstalling anything
>steam works fine after update

works for me :^)

hahahahaha
>this faggot browses Sup Forums and still hasnt installed shutup10 to defer upgrades until he pleases and block the rest of all the other bullshit

Worked without uninstalling Steam for me. If it's real, I would want to know what uninstalling Steam would even help it do

No it doesn't.

Depends on what GPU you are using. NVIDIA can't into DX12

RX 480

I didn't need to uninstall Steam just to update Windows.

I can't find any record of this anywhere else on the internet.

Seems like a fake by the OP

Then DX12 might be worth it

so you mean Linux? Windows is still a trash OS but at least choose a better argument

>force removal of degenerate trash
good

so just reinstall them after the update?

I installed Creators Update today, and it didn't ask me to uninstall Steam.

You must have done something gay to your computer, OP.

The OP literally faked the image and baited everyone into this thread. It's fake news

This is pretty much Microsoft today.

I'm using windows 10 pro and I disabled the update service no problem

He's just a time traveller.

This is because Microsoft's "feature" updates are fucking retarded and are actually full blown OS reinstalls. You loose all win32 installs because the registry is blown away.

What I'm more concerned about is my LTSB install is suddenly pushing creators update shit at me.

This means they want to protect their game profits. This means Microsoft now only makes profit on enterprise and gamers.

An ever shrinking company bound to one day fail. I cannot wait until that day.

Until you must continually do it after every update. Also, if they do this, imagine one day it being much worse. Come over to Linux already, nigger.

windows 10 threads need to be banned from Sup Forums

Not the Windows 10 thread denouncing Windows, jackass. We need to only ban positive Windows threads.

Thanks nigel

I don't belive Microsoft is this retarded. Any link ?

Remove my privacy worth it?
Just curious.

No, at least not so far

How does Microsoft keep fucking up so bad? All they had to do was tweak 7, new direct x support, throw a black gaymen skin on it and normies would have shelled out hundreds for it.

Windows 7 is still a better alternative to 10.

Well firstly this is a fake screenshot and story.

Secondly, 'subscription service','cloud', and 'advertising platform' were the buzzwords flying around microsoft's board meetings.
They saw the money around targeted adverts and decided they wanted some of that, so they are turning windows into a platform for collecting information and delivering ads.

Expect over the next few years for the transformation of windows to be into a facebook-like advertising platform as a subscripton service, putting more shit online, integrating with microsoft clouddrive so that people can't just quit their service and go to linux.

Stick with 7/8.1 or dual boot into linux. After trying it out I'm not touching windows 10 and their updates, their updates are full OS reinstalls so fuck that noise.

What's the technical reason for this?

see this:

Nice try, ghost of Jobs

You're aware that almost all of Win10 telemetry is already backported to the Win7? If your Win7 installation is up to date then you have forfeited your privacy a long time ago.

Removable on 7.
Can't remove on 10.
There are enough paranoids out there with offline installers for 7 and even 8.1.

fake news

This must be some insider build shit, I'm using a 10 laptop with steam on it right now and just checked for updates again. nothing.

10 still sucks though

You need to be banned from living, shit for brains.

Why, can't handle the fact that everyone is as fucking retarded as you?

>all these fucking retards falling for op's bullshit

You all deserve to be gassed.

wut

i just did the update and didn't have to do this shit

No, it sounds like he's describing Windows you fucking faggots.

It's good that I can choose when to upgra-

Oh..

Yes.
Many games don't use anything but dx12.
Windows 10 is better than 7/8 in everyway.
The only complaints valid about it are also valif of 7/8. So either stop using Windows or don't be a faggot and use the moet up to date version.
Really user? You need a source instead of just blindly believing every antiwindows10 post? Please just blindly believe op like the rest of these retards

Why am I still running 1607 with no prompt to update?

>You can't continue to use W10 without updating
you are retarded.

it's not completely unrelated though. Steam relies on plenty of Win32 code.

Yes, Linux, where all the games are. I love linux and I use it every day at work, but when I come home I wanna just boot my pc and play games at the best graphical settings and have the best experience practically possible. A multitude of issues prevent this on linux.

>Many games don't use anything but dx12.
AFAIK there are 6 such games, all of which have Halo, Gears or Forza in the title.

>using some old version of steam that has been tested as having compatibility issues with the windows 10 update
>surprised they won't let you update windows 10 and get app crashes because you're retarded

Because the feature update hasn't been rolled out yet. You can only get it if you download the installer.

the difference is that in linux you actually can fix it, in windows you have to just deal with it

Finally a good change. Steam is pure cancer that cucks their zombie users.

>1334 games in library on windows
>436 games in library on linux
only reason i don't go full blown linux in my gaming rig
and to be specific: no arkham on linux

i had to literally format this piece of shit, and install clean, because the update fucked up everything, even the recovery
during 30minutes aprox i had a literal thinkpad brick

the media creation tool does not create a gpt enabled USB (yes, in current year)
i had to create a gpt enable pendrive using Rufus and the ISO

>Windows 10 is better than 7/8 in everyway.
I am using it and this is literally not true. It's a buggy piece of shit.

>stop playing video games

>poeple using w10
oh I must've switched tabs at some point, I was pretty damn sure I was browswing gee and not vee

If i had to guess it's probably the big creators update.

Bruh when was the last time an operating system MADE you arbitrarily uninstall non-vital software that didn't touch any operating system files? Why would you even need to remove it in the first place?

>game profits
What games do they even sell? literally there's like 5 modern games that can only be exclusively bought on le windows store.

>tfw not using based GOG

also >steam

Regarding Steam: I was reinstalling my Windows and did not want do redownload games.

I ran Steam.exe from the folder, it asked to run steamservice.exe as admin and it's working fine since then without installation&redownloading.

Oh yeah Steam crashes are Windows 10 fault. What about letting developers know what incompatibilities you are introducing beforehand? There is a CS1.6 site with own anticheat which never worked since first major update because MS never warned about removing needed functionality.

>Windows
Found your problem

>having to uninstall a completely unrelated third-party application to update your fucking operating system
>said application is made by a company that tried to distance itself from windows
what a coincidence
it's not like they want to annoy steam users or anything

>nonfree software requires you to uninstall nonfree software to update nonfree software
kek

>literally tirty secs of install and some clicks its something to worried about
oh right
ubuntufags need memorize and enter thousand of codecs to install a single program lol

They don't, codecs are installed by default. Have fun installing your mediapack, steam and 45 other applications at each update, dumb weebshit

>Installed on 3 different PCs already
>Never seen this
Not sure if this thread says more about how gullible you retards are or how shit Microsoft is that people could believe it.

>in windows you have to just deal with it
Regardless of if it's fake, how "you can reinstall afterward" is not "fixing it"
Also policy editor???

I love fake news and I cannot lie.

Yesterday I upgraded both of my machines that both have Steam on them, no problems at all

>implying the update uninstalls Windows

>browsing Sup Forums
unironically kill yourself

>I don't belive Microsoft is this retarded.

Are you trying to tell me that people get on the internet and lie? I think you're on to something. Thanks for letting us know.

Why people use this piece of shit OS I shall never know.

Imagine: everyone that is mildly pissed off at the atrocious Windows 10 switched back to Windows 7 (i.e. the last good Windows) - what the fuck would Microsoft do? Probably take the fucking hint.

When windows 10 came out i heard a rumour that ms is going to slowly make steam unusable on windows 10 so that people would just start buying games from windows store.

One word:

Normalfags.

Not much they can do about Nvidia, but Valve actually are paying a bunch of people to work on the AMD drivers.
A Valve employee just submitted patches the other day for GL_ARB_bindless_texture one of the last big features needed for AZDO on the open drivers.

That is not a rumor, it is a guess on Microsofts policy based on their modus operandi. It should surprise nobody if this turns out to be the case.

Linux in a nutshell

werks fine for me

It has already started with Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform

>"m-m-muh gayemz!"
>the OS made for games won't let you play games
You can't even make this shit up anymore. Not even macfags get fucked this hard on the software end of things. Winfaggots on literal suicide watch.

Wallpaper?
Please?

He is lying. I literally updated last night and nothing had been deleted.

You computer should require you to uninstall Windows before you can use it