alright faggots i'm installing gentoo on a vm

maybe now Sup Forums will love me

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kys

>not using gentoo as your daily driver

are you even trying

this is practice so eventually i can ascend. right now i am on babby's first distro, pic related

kys

>I need three terminals full screen
Wow dude your probs a pretty smart guy

>im a fag and dont know how to use a tiling wm

Bro you don't install gentoo from gentoo live cd. Use lubuntu or other lightweight live cd distro with web browser, gparted and terminal emulator. It's faster pasting text from gentoo handbook than write it.

sysrescuecd is also a good choice (which also happens to be based on gentoo)

>babby's first distro

I installed a linux distro for the first time just about six hours ago. Yes, I installed babby's first - Linux Mint. About two hours ago, I moved on to Manjaro KDE. Thirty minutes ago I switched to Manjaro XFCE. Still haven't decided which desktop environment I like more, although I am leaning towards "lean and lightweight".

ah fuck, well i'm in too deep now. fucking around with links, trying to find stage 3 tar

what should i pick? i've heard systemd is a botnet. how is hardened?

just skip hardened if it is your first time imo

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened
>Hardened Gentoo's purpose is to make Gentoo viable for highly secure, high stability production server environments.

mostly for servers and it introduces some additional configuration and permission management

First time with gentoo, stick with openrc. Gentoo with systemd is bait.

thank you

have fun, configuring the kernel is the hardest and longest part. Maybe use genkernel instead because it's a VM.

Make sure you include the modules for your VM platform in the kernel, otherwise it might not boot. Also read the partitioning and bootloader section with extra care. Or you'll have a non bootable system as well.

Good luck

is this a meme or is manjaro good for beginners

nigger cock faggot dick shit

I started Arch a few days ago
I installed KDE but fucked something up and couldn't get back to the terminal

Luckily this was in VirtualBox

Manjaro is decent enough for beginners. It has the basic shit for daily usage and a graphical package manager. I'm not sure what more would a beginner need.