Unformated text webpage needs JS to work

>unformated text webpage needs JS to work

1-800-Come on now

JS was a mistake

Holy shit uncover some serious vulnerability in JavaScript and get it killed like Flash I am fucking tired of this shit.

It's literally as cancerous as Flash was before with those stupid websites that were 100% Flash even though they were just text and images.

Not gonna happen, JS is here to stay unfortunately.

When are you retards gonna join the 21st century. JavaScript is fundamental to the web, without it we'd all be as retarded as you.

>uncover some serious vulnerability in JavaScript
pretty sure that keeps happening quite frequently

the point is it's overused to the point of badly trying to replacecexisting mechanisms

"less is more" doesnt exist anymore with shitty webdevs

Only three things are fundamental to the web:
1. HTTP(s)
2. HTML
3. Browser

Well, of course developers want an environment where they're constantly developing. Spending a year making a product, then the next 5 fixing the bugs that crop out isn't fun, but constant beta versions of new shit IS.

Which is why we have so many things that work being replaced by things that don't for no reason, retarded version releases, and rolling updates that don't actually fix anything.

Yeah cos there's nothing wrong with losing state and reloading the same shit over and over again everyone you do something.
And of course there's no benefit from being able to detect what features are supported by you user and tailoring a site to work for them.
Nope, plain text forever, of course.

Those are conveniences, not fundamentals.

Seems pretty fundamental to me.

Only because its what pays your wages.

Having a program that doesn't tax your network more then it has to and can adapt to the target machine is pretty much a minimum for any software. Your gonna need is to do that.

U are dumb lol

>JS was a mistake
This, my ISP inject JS ads into my browser session now.

So is HTML.
>this is a document exchange format that formats shitty documents.

Is that even legal?

Which ISP? Do you also get ads in HTTPS websites?

at least JavaScript isn't proprietary like flash.
Still apex cancer though. Typescript a little less so.

>Having a program that doesn't tax your network more then it has to ...is pretty much a minimum for any software
so why do they keep filling it with literal megabytes of javascript completely unrelated to the primary purpose of the site?