What the fuck just happened

What the fuck just happened

Other urls found in this thread:

eltis.org/discover/news/barcelona-unveils-electric-buses-and-rapid-charging-station
electrek.co/2016/01/28/tesla-jim-keller-apple-processor-architect-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw I live in a very sunny country with extremely high fuel prices due to taxation
I'm getting one of those convertible roadsters if I can afford it

Another lithium hog

Truckers all across America blowing out their asses in truck stop restrooms for some odd reason.
>rip

Yea? Europe already has semi trucks that are hybrid, if I'm not mistaken. Eurpoe has vehicles that put our north american ones to shame.

Muskboos not welcome on Sup Forums

Oh look, another scam.

there's US based hybrid trucks too, a large portion of the UPS fleet is hybrid

>Tesla pickup

And electric buses. They are nice.
eltis.org/discover/news/barcelona-unveils-electric-buses-and-rapid-charging-station

He's basically coasting on
>Hey, the reusable rocket worked

it would be good for towing, but the milage would be shit

he said semi not pickup. we're talking about tractor trailer, not f150s

it's 2017 and commercial self-driving cars are still "5-10 years" away like they were in 2007

Electric short range trucks are the new big thing.
There are hundred thousands of municipal services and millions of businesses that might be interested in purchasing them.

>pickup truck unveil in 18 to 24 months

Makes sense, semi trucks needs torque

Yeah my dad has a van parked at his shop which he just uses to transport boxes of stuff to customers in the area or to freight companies that ship it elsewhere
He never travels far with it, it can easily be charged overnight if it was electric

I'd guess many businesses have something similar

Think of near to 0 maintenance cost, tax benefits, no gasoline costs etc.. Electric cars is really much more intresting to professional vehicle/fleet operators than to private users from financial benefit point of view.

>Think of near to 0 maintenance cost, tax benefits, no gasoline costs etc.. Electric cars is really much more intresting to professional vehicle/fleet operators than to private users from financial benefit point of view.
Only for the first few years, watch as the state will cross out all those neat tax benefits like they did with block-type thermal power stations in germany. Fuck those assholes, now I have an oil swallowing gas destroyer that doesn't even return the investment because of low energy sales prices that get forced down our throats. You should expect to get extra taxed since you take away the jobs of the poor gas station attendants.

>pickup truck
I wonder who's going to be the first one to solid axle swap it and take it off roading

gas station attendant isn't a thing here

goddamnit now i have to do sodoku

and Hyundai's self-following semi fleet isn't as cool as an electric truck with nvidia inside?

Yes trucks need to be replaced by something cleaner

I see those driving around in my 15k German town

The few yearly proprietary tesla maintenance cycle is very expensive, and becomes completely unreasonable when you look it this on an industrial scale

>I have an oil swallowing gas destroyer

what?

>Think of near to 0 maintenance cost
They are still water cooled, which requires maintenance. Plus brakes of course.

proofs or gtfo

It runs on natural gas and needs oil for the engine but the pistons are fubar and I need to replace special 200€ oil every month because of it until I have money for a 5000€ repair. It sucks having no savings.

>he doesn't have a tesla-owning friend to laugh at when he has to bring it in to the tesla genius bar because nobody in a 200m radius is allowed to maintain a tesla

So will the tesla semi have shit range or be too heavy?

>It runs on natural gas and needs oil for the engine but the pistons are fubar and I need to replace special 200€ oil every month

Seems like a faulty design.

Just fuck yourself, poltard. Everybody knows that Tesla maintenance is way below every other conventional combustion engine car.

>everybody knows
Link me to a tesla mechanic talking about the proprietary semi-yearly maintenance procedure that cannot legally be done by anybody else

Automation is going to kill us all.

Kek nobody knows how hard tesla maintenance is
My guess is they update it to make it feel like it runs better

A truck that mown down pedestrians by itself while playing "allah akbar" from the external speakers coming to every muslim neighbourhood in europe.

they even copied apple's "updating" scheme

>inb4 "throttle disease" right when new model is announced

>coming to every muslim neighbourhood in europe.
So every neighborhood in greater yuropooria then.

>Seems like a faulty design.
They fucked me over good with that machine, that's for sure. I'm sadly out of the period where I could sue the shit out of them for their fuckery. But sadly I was too naive and five years was the sue limit. Now I have to live with that underperforming machine that doesn't even manage to heat the whole house because they can't calculate for shit.

It even has a password for maintenance and advanced settings that's in the possession of the "certified" subcontractor of that shitty firm. If I wouldn't have shaken down their apprentice in secret to get it I wouldn't even be able to use that shit because it refuses to operate after some time without periodic maintenance. If only all the disgruntled customers of theirs would have written about them on the internet ten years ago I would have dodged a bullet.
Thanks for reading and never buy anything from senertec.

If it comforts you..., my parents made a similar mistake with buying a overpriced German solar-theric unit for producing hot water.

>solar-thermic

>Only for the first few years, watch as the state will cross out all those neat tax benefits

They will because they HAVE to do it or else they go bankrupt.

Once electric cars become more than a couple % say bye bye to all tax benefits.

btw: I just bought an electric car with nearly 10k in tax breaks and subsidies. - suck it, late adopters.

I'm British

Hybrid trucks are rare here, you probably have them just as much as we do

Please don't be such a pathetic Euroboo

I think it's a few decades too soon for good energy saving tech. The market seems full of cheap greedy assholes and shitty programmers.

How can a truck be too heavy?

European companies like Renault build hybrid trucks but that does not mean they are commonplace

>btw: I just bought an electric car with nearly 10k in tax breaks and subsidies

country and car model?

It's never too soon for anything. Realistically, like all things, it's just going to take time and that's alright. People keep expecting these massive sweeping changes in under a week, chill out.

By having 8,000 pounds of batteries mashed inside and carrying anything heavier than a passenger
Trucks do have weight limits you know

Yeah, I will invest in e-cars soon enough. my boys only have to travel around 40km per day and as soon as the more compact cars are cheaper I will bite.

There are methods but I distrust these overengineerd extra expensive stuff, they try to push on customers. .

Netherlands, Hyundai Ioniq EV

If they promise, they have to deliver. If I wasn't so naive back then then I could have successfully sued their ass off according to my lawyer. It's too late now.

Every bit of additional weight for batteries limits the allowed cargo capacity

>Netherlands
>talking about tax returns

It should be far less of a problem than with electric cars.

As in: much smaller % of weight will go towards batteries.

>Hyundai Ioniq EV
Thought so, Good buy (if you don't need much range)

How many successful cases were launched about this specific event?

The small sedan tesla weighs 5000 pounds on its own, how is it gonna be less of an issue for a higher-wattage, MUCH higher torque, and weight-limited vehicle?

>user
>jealous

>How many successful cases were launched about this specific event?
I have no clue, I'm just parroting what my lawyer said after looking through all the data and contracts a few years ago. The machine was around 70k € in 2007.

I think we have a lot of SMALL electric trucks/vans for short distances.
But not large semi's for long distances I think.

I think actually the biggest problem will be how long it will take to charge them.
The bigger the battery, the longer charging takes.

Hardly. The tesla s is 5k lbs its massively heavy.

The lighter the vehicle the farther it can go

This is why gasoline will never go away. Until batteries can beat the energy density of gasoline it'll always still be here

Well I was, until you mentioned where you lived and I realized that 10k+ of taxes, even on barbarian krohn coin is actually possible for you. Now I'm just laughing at your situation.
Enjoy the happiest area on earth bro

Not him though, but tone down the obvious jealousy.

How long until affordable tesla bikes?

Only jealous of the women, which I didnt have to actually live in the government's country to enjoy, since I'm a tourist fueling your economy with my godly dollars

We have the highest fuel tax and I think also the highest road tax.
In addition we have to pay a hefty tax to use a company car for private trips.

Not mad at a 60% tax, I'm glad he was able to catch a break
Just pointing out that in most places where the income outweighs the taxes, 10k subsidy off a car would be amazing

Look at the Renault Zoe if you're in Europe, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I wasn't a broke student driving a 2003 Clio

It's solved by going big.
The heavier the vehicle, the better the drag to weight ratio.

Really I think the only issue is charging them.
Even with quick charging it will probably take over a day to charge a semi truck.

What happened to hydrogen vehicles?

>semi truck
hol up
its the thing that hauls trailers?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

is it going to feature it's own nuclear powerplant or something?

>Renault Zoe
I will keep that in mind, thanks.

Reall you sit depends on whether they contract LG or something to create a multi-input high amp battery array that can charge several individual cells at high amps, or just keep following the current model of 4000 vape batteries and one-in one-out

To clarify: it's not 10k in tax breaks alone.
It's about 5k in tax breaks plus 5k cash in hand.

not to mention it would weigh as much as a semi

The "quick charging" stations themselves are limited.
That's often the bottleneck.

Although they are working on 100kW+ stations.
Right now it's only about 20-40kW.

It's already a problem for cars with relatively big battery packs like Tesla's. - they take way longer to "quick" charge than my Hyundai.

These should be standard.

Why the fuck do cities still use diesel buses RRRREEEEEE?

I've never seen a city bus that wasn't natural gas or some kind of proprietary mixture
Every other bus sure, but cities like "clean" city services it makes them look good

Oh yeah, that's true, it's not that bad.

tesla duallies when?

>move everyone off gas and diesel
>huge middle finger to middle east
>america reigns supreme

>huge middle finger to middle east

Isn't America the biggest oil exporter in the world?

electrek.co/2016/01/28/tesla-jim-keller-apple-processor-architect-2/

He's come to wreck your shit. Again.

>live in age where you will be killed by an unmanned semi truck

Nope, the US is not even close to being a big exporter.
However, the US is one of the biggest oil consumers in the world, and if the US stopped buying oil one day, the middle east is basically done.

>saudis run out of money
>can't fund ISIS anymore
>terrorist attacks stop
>obama drones finish off whatever's left

>What the fuck just happened

Computer driving trucks is better that the american human.

This is now my wallpaper as well as overall favorite picture on the internet.

>oil loses its value
>the dollar loses its value because muh petrodollar
>Murrica fuck yea

>pickup truck electric
>dat fucking torque

I just fucking jizzed

I'm gonna jizz everywhere a second time if it's under $30,000

You shitposted.

Make sure to sign Sweden up for one. You have to run over people in style.:)

Have fun towing something five miles.

Has he figured out how to make batteries out of something better than lithium? Because if not this shit has a hard fucking ceiling.