Sup Forums Approved VPNs

I'm sure this thread has been has many times before and I'd normally check the archive but it's down.

I got an e-mail from my ISP about "sharing copyrighted material" i.e. torrenting, just an 'educational warning' type deal I'm not being raided, but still it made me realise I should probably get a VPN, I've been putting it off for a while.

So does Sup Forums have any consensus on what VPNs to use, ones to avoid etc.? I'm in the UK if that's a factor. And torrenting is what I mainly want it for so something that wouldn't cut my download speed much, it's abhorrently slow as it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.proxpn.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=n25ztZJ9Uxw
btguard.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

self hosted

I've been needing VPN as well, I've heard astrill is good.

bump

Which VPN's are good and aren't blacklisted here? AirVPN is GOAT, but some asshole motherfucker got every server/IP range banned on it.

Mullvad

I use pia. Sup Forums has banned pia so i use 4chanpass

NordVPN is nice. I just google some promo code and bought a year

I've been looking at this one, it's a little pricier than others but it looks to have everything I would want. I was looking at Private Internet Access VPN that was cheaper, but I read VPNs based in the US are best avoided.

there isn't anything free a student could use though?

No. Poorfags plus leave

If you want to torrent a seedbox is a better option. VPNs are better for securing general browsing.

That said, go to thatoneprivacysite.net, they have a detailed comparison of VPN providers, and several firsthand reviews. Also look at Torrentfreak's VPN guide.

If a service is being provided for free, it funds itself by collecting data on you and selling it.

VPNs and seedboxes both start at about the price of a meal at a fast-food place, per month. If you're too poor or stingy to afford so much as a Big Mac, well, you're shit out of luck then.

ProXPN

secure.proxpn.com/

Any good guides on setting up a seedbox?

NordVPN has really shit speeds on anything that's not P2P, would find another one if I had the chance.

Also don't go with PIA, they rolled over to the Russians for all your data.

pff, not poor. Getting education. becoming something. Everything expensive when you're actually making those burgers.

>$3/month
>expensive

>If you want to torrent a seedbox is a better option

youtube.com/watch?v=n25ztZJ9Uxw

Would this effect my download speed negatively like a VPN probably would? Is it an easy thing to do? I'm not much of a technological genius.

Getting a piece of paper, currently poor*

The fact remains that in many cases saving a tiny amount of money can be a very false economy indeed. Penny wise, pound foolish.

difference in speed is negligible with most VPNs

transmission-daemon is pretty easy to setup.

This. Self hosted openvpn with aes256, sha512 and key auth.

its ok, most ips are banned or blocked here though

does static ip cost extra?

SoftEther VPN with VPNGate plugin

>self-hosting
on a vps i presume? is that really more reliable than vpn considering that most cheap vps providers probably collect your data

I'm renting a VPS right now with OpenVPN, is that better than using a dedicated VPN paid service?

Torguard

btguard.com/