WHAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE

videocardz.com/68450/amd-radeon-rx-500-series-official-specifications-and-performance-leaked

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V4Y28465
microcenter.com/product/467456/geforce_gtx_1060_gaming_x_6gb_gddr5_video_card
pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/1054618.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

much bigger increment than kaby lake desu

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

>comparing cpu to gpu gens
typical amdrone
gpus are just ADD MOAR COARS which should be basic knowledge for any amdrone, considering their history of MOAR COARS

>Comparing performance back to the 300 series to hide the fact it's a rebrand

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

So all they did is raising the clock rate which will make the cards either louder or hotter while barely changing performance?

>Measuring performance against a 970

Wow, thanks for the generation old performance, AMD. Can I see some benchmarks for how it fairs against the 8800GTX too?

>Scroll down to comments
>j-just wait for vega!

When will AMD finally just switch their official slogan to "Just Wait"?

I like it how Volta is releasing in Q2 2018

Of course its a rebrand, they want consumers to know theres a difference between it and the 400 series. Dumb consumers would be pissed if they bought the older card for a similar price.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V4Y28465

nvidias refreshing the 1060 and 1070 with gddr5x and upping the price, and the only way you can know theres a difference is the "x" behind gddr5, which the average consumer will probably miss.

>b-b-b-but NVIDIA!! Intel! KABY LAAAAAKE!!!!

Every time.

I like Nvidia can wait years to release new gens because their "competition" can't shit out anything but a mid range piece of shit rebrand of the same card for years on end.

I really doubt they'd make the card both faster and run cooler (like the leaked slides are suggesting) without a node shrink. And with a node shrink, you would probably have cards that can clock higher in general, with more OC headroom.

But yeah, there's not really anything interesting to see here until Vega.

>CALLE CALLE

>spend money on developing product
>make it sit in the storage because investors will love that

You'd make a great CEO

delete this sir
please

PLEASE

DELET

Phew, my 480 stays relevant for longer.

Sounds great, I'd love my yearly bonus being bigger than AMDs quarterly profits on their latest Rebrandeons.

Your 480 wasn't even relevant when it come out. The Fury series is all around better in every way to both the 400 and 500 series, and it's not even close to relevant to something as low-end as a 1070, let alone a 1080, 1080ti or Titan XP.

Too bad the sludge in your brain is preventing you from that position.

>0 info about RX VEGA 11 which is the only card people actually want

Maybe if AMD spent less money paying AdoredTV to make daily videos trying to spin nvidia making more powerful graphics cards than the previous years offerings as a bad thing, and instead spent that money on R&D then maybe Vega would be out by now.

>low end
>1070

Want me to remind you that people play games on mobile Intel HD graphics?

Because GCN lack tricks like decent color compression and tiling rasterization, it's a lot more bottlenecked by bandwidth than FLOPS, so the 500 series rebrands make no sense to me.

/thread

Too bad the chink in your companies position is preventing you from moving past 18% market share.

AMD - Just keep waiting.

Meanwhile AMD has nothing to put against 1070 and above.
inb4
>memefire ashes of amd

>Listing cards only 600 people bought.

Just wait, the info is coming soon.

1060 is mid-range and the RX 480 competes with it just fine, thanks.

Says something about Nvidia when there are situations where the 1080 does worse than a vanilla Fury from 2 years ago.

Great drivers.

>Bad Delta color compression
I thought Polaris actually had quite nice DCC implementation. Plus, above 8.5ghz memory clock there is no performance to gain. I have tested it with quite a few games. The only time higher than 8.5ghz gave performance increase when I ran metro last light and 3dmark at 4k settings. But then the card ran it at 19-25fps so whatever.

The 1060 vs 480 situation.

>when there are situations where the 1080 does worse than a vanilla Fury from 2 years ago.

Like AMD partnered games such as Civ6?

But if you're shown an Nvidia partneredgame it DOESN'T COUNT FUCKING NVIDIA SCAM GAMEWORKS GOY HOUSEFIRE FUCKING KABY LAKE!!

Say it together with me now

It's
Okay
When
AMD
Does
It

"Let alone" means "Not to mention" means "This is another class of things, don't worry about it"

1060 is the bottom of the barrel, and is a very very low-end card with less than 1/3rd the power of a 1080, a 1070 has about 2/3rds the power of a 1080. Nvidia just put their lowest end most cheap Chinese plastic design at AMDs price level just so they wouldn't be assumed a total monopoly and face hardcore regulations.

>j-just wait! in less than a year AMD will release mid range cards with HBM!
>2 years later and they have only rebranded GDDR5 drek

>4 years later they're releasing the 4th rebrand of that mid range card

DELET

AMD doesn't have a Gameworks counterpart, shill.

damn the buttblasted intel shills moved to nvidia now

also don't forget to sage

>comparing to two generations ago instead of one or comparing to the superior """novideo""".
So basically they still cnat make anything better than a gtx 1060 3GB.

JUST WAIT™
MAKE SOME NOISE©
JOIN THE ®EBRANDEON ®EBELLION

How adorable.

>a high end new gen GPU performs worse in situations against something that competed with a 980 2 years ago

And yet, there is gameworks tier disparities in their favour every time they get involved in a game.

Say it together with me now

It's
Okay
When
AMD
Does
It

>b-b-but Intel!
>B-B-B-BUT NVIDIA!
>Just you wait, AMD will totally destroy you fuckers in 2013, I mean 2014, I mean 2015, I mean 2016, I mean Q2 2017!

Stop spreading FUD, shill. Civilization VI is an AMD sponsored game and Nvidia cards run the game as good as AMD ones. Can't say the same about The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4

Keep picking and choosing your charts shill.

you have to go back

to

You have that green cock so far lodged up your tight ass it's practically drilling down to your belly button

>A company has scummy practices
>that means B company has them too
>meanwhile Nvidia offers zero support for open source drivers, wants you to update drivers from your faceshit account and tells developers to implement 256x tessellation level under the ocean where it isn't even visible lowering performance for both red and green

Nothing makes FO4 run better except for 3200 RAM.

>Comparing it to the 300 series
Now that is pretty fucking pathetic.

>to improve gpu performance you just add more cores
>literally thats the only thing they are capable to do
>instead of they they increase mhz by 70mhz and call it next generation
So this is the power of vega? :D

You have to keep waiting

>r9 290 is the 2500k of GPU's

I am assuming you are memeing but I will bite anyway. Gameworks uses techniques that actively hurt graphics performance on most cards (evan theirs, just more on AMD) for almost no visual improvements while radeon group tech improves performance on most cards (just more on AMD).

Jesus, when you AMD shills run out of arguments you rebrand and release the same posts as if they're graphics cards.

You cannot deny that AMD cant stop making cards that can barely beat a 1060. Keep sucking that red cock until they give you your VEGA cummies faggot

But Vega has the same amount of cores as Fury X

i gotta admit, rebrandeon is a solid pun

Damn, the Nvidia shilling squad is at full force today.

Don't worry, AdoredTV has our back my fellow Radeon Revolutionary, his video will be up within 2 hours and will BTFO this Nvidiot shills!

>but m-muh gayming

fuck off and go back to your shitty containment board retards

And Team RedBrandeon hasny been for over 4 years?

Only because they couldn't afford to embed advisers into vidya dev teams any longer

Intelfags needed to move to something after finding out their next gen uses AMD graphics instead of Intel's.

And they're still kinda assmad about those blind tests and having their entire CPU lineup reduced to 2 SKUs

this is fake neither 1070 nor 1060 uses gddr5x memory, 1060 will use faster gddr5 memory, but you can pretty much overclock memory on 1060 to +9gbs already, so basically nvidia can claim better reference performance, which is very much relevant in reviews.

>Delusional AMD shill rumors

Yes, keep trying to hope that a successful company that doesn't have a market share in the low teens will let your tumor of a company latch onto it so you finally make some money.

Wait what.
Does it mean that the new iGPU on intel CPUs will not work with the intel drivers?

That's terryfying news for us Freetards. AMD has no clue how to make a working driver for linux.

Are you telling me that these aren't gaming cards?

that's fake.

the UPC 824142132142 on that page leads to:

microcenter.com/product/467456/geforce_gtx_1060_gaming_x_6gb_gddr5_video_card

Intel develops their own gpus. Thanks to the retraded amerifat patent system they need license for shit like "what is shader". AMD just gave them better deal than nvidia.

>380 is just 280 rebrand
>480 is just 380 rebrand
>580 is just 480 rebrand

580 is just 280 rebrand

why there is no 7700k ? :))))

jesus christ i was really looking forward to the 580 but what is this

they're comparing it to obsolete stuff and acting like it's so much better

>STRIX GTX 970
>Launch $329

STOP

not an argument

>480 is just 380 rebrand
Don't go full retard now.

exactly they will increase mhz by 70, and call it a day, and when it can barely keep up with nvidia, they will blame them for buying up every game dev.

pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/1054618.html

Keep wailing, stuttering corelet.
This is Krzanich's best decision as a CEO since he got on the seat.

480 is 390 rebrand and 580 is 480 rebrand.

The 480's were very inconsistent overclocking and power consumption wise with some hitting 1250 and some hitting 1500, a huge difference when your clocks are that low. Performance has improved across a bunch of games as well. With these probably going near 1400 out of the box and the finewine the reviews will be much better.
They probably did it primarily for the reviews and to have something "new" to go with vega. I mean, it's objectively better than just not releasing anything?

ps where the fuck is vega we have no information and that MAEK SUM NOIZ video was months ago what the fuck

>Comparing them to the 300s
Jesus fucking christ AMD have some self respect.

and it's barely an improvement over the 970

Vega is 1600MHz.

and 390 is 290 rebrand.
Last gpu amd actualy tryed was 290 5years ago.
No surprise nvidia is destroying them in highend

Should have just given specs of the card and price. All these other stuff they added looks so childish and stupid.

ATI acquisition worst day of my life. AMD will never make anything as good as my old faithful 9600XT.

>1060 is the bottom of the barrel, and is a very very low-end card with less than 1/3rd the power of a 1080, a 1070 has about 2/3rds the power of a 1080.

1050/1060 is a failed abortion that doesnt even have a reason to exist considering that it came out after 480, is inferior and more expensive.
1070 is a strange thing. A monstrous overkill for 1080p, and a complete piece of trash in 1440p and UHD
Same with gtx1080 redundant for 1080p, insufficent for UHD, well maybe it's an OK 1440p card.

But even it is a bad purchase considering people whou bought it paid 900$ to play at 1440p for one year until actual functioning 4K GPUs came out.

if it's really at 1600mhz, being modest here, and they only had a bit of IPC uplift we're easily at 1080ti range. Who is fucking HYPE

>amdissapointment
i hope u ready your tears

it's not. it's at 1540.

>1060 is a the bottom of the barrel very very low end card
are ok in the head kind sir?

>This is the state of Sup Forums

Depressing

Wtf? Intel + Nvidia would be so much better and would kill AMD, wtf

That's the clock of the enterprise Vega card, consumer crap always clocks slightly higher.

>This is the state of nu/g/
ftfy famalam

Intel is just throwing AMD a bone, if they wanted they'd make much better GPUs than AMD can

That thing was a beast back in the day.

1060 is competing with amd high 480 and now 580.
>TopKEK
Also, nowadays games even at 1080p uses so much power than maxed out even gtx1080 can struggle to keep constant 60fps. gtx1080 is very good buy right now for 1080/1440p gaming for 500$.

>we're easily at 1080ti range.
Well Vega is a 4K 60 FPS GPU.
We already know that it
1 handles Battlefront and Doom @ 4K 60FPS
2 shits on GTX1080 because engineering sample appeared on online benchmarks
3 has HBM so it could possibly shit on a Titan XP in certain sithuations
4 has to be priced somewhat competitively because it's way overdue

I am hyped as all hells.
The only concern is availability.
They probably still cant manufacture that HBM memory in necessary quantities to saturate the market.

Like Larabee and Intel GMA?

Nobody has to worry about saturating the market with $600 GPUs

>Also, nowadays games even at 1080p uses so much power than maxed out even gtx1080 can struggle to keep constant 60fps
Name one game that chokes a GTX1080 @ 1080p and isn't CPU bottlenecked or uses some weird hairworks/physics shit