(3/3) Ryzen 1800X vs. i7 7700K: Gameplay/frametimes (Level 1 Techs)

youtube.com/watch?v=11NfsMykyAk

>i7 7700K gets 100+ ms frametimes
>Ryzen gets GTA V is a piece of shit anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMNFoNtKCR8
anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700/11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop shilling your video. spam is against global rules.

Go fuck yourself

>System 3 glitches and hangs
>It's a 7700k
Top kek

Wash your greasy face and you wont have pimples as any normal 40yo should. and stop calling it the "tie" because some fucking nvidia presentation, pandering fucktard.
Also shilling your channel is against the rules.
>AMD stutter less hard less frequent
You don't say.
Not like that's been said before. Fucking first to the party on that one bud.

Stay mad, samefag

I'm an AMD fan.
We didn't talk about this fuckhead till the shitfest happened.
He brought it to Sup Forums like the neckbeard he is for a personal army request.
It's obvious he lurks. Say something new, next day or two he does a vid on it.
He's fucked in the head.
Buy Ryzen. I will.

OI VEY THE GOYIM KNOW

are those anal beads?

ITs across the board. The Ryzen Chips are running smoother framerates with both nvidia and AMD GPU's because of two reasons.

First They have more cores and threads so even though most games are optimized for 4 cores you have 6-8 cores so the background tasks of your system can be offloaded onto those threads and not fuck up the load order of game tasks on the primary threads

Second reason is the architecture of rysen is different. If you plug input controllers (mouse/keyboard or controller) into one of the two USB 3.1 ports on the AM4 mobo assuming you get the right USB slots you get a direct connection to the CPU which direct connects to the display

With intel theres i beleive two layers of interconnect between the CPU and a USB port so the lag time on inputs is longer.

finally the AMD chips have a fuckton of L3 Cache with drastically reduces slowdowns and stoppages from having to purge cache and load new instructions sets.

All of these factors combine mean you have the most responsive controlls on AMD rysen and you have the smoothest rendering with minimum hitching/stuttering on ryzen.

Only thing intel does better is single thread performance through its higher clockspeeds but that means jack shit if other factors are bogging it down and causing lag and frame drops.

There also a possibility that intel drivers for windows 10 are kinds fucked up and that the AMD Driver teams is more competent and that some of the smoother performance on Ryzen is from better drivers.

RETURN KEY ABUSE
Fucking stop.

I'm an AMD fan. I don't like Intel's business practices, and I like what AMD is doing with open source, and generally not being dicks.
Buy Ryzen, I already have.

>Say something new, next day or two he does a vid on it.

By the way, people in the previous thread asked for frametimes, but unless you have proof of what you're saying, I'll assume it's just a coincidence.

Also, I don't think Sup Forums is an audience someone would aim at. I sure wouldn't.

>I don't think Sup Forums is an audience someone would aim at. I sure wouldn't.
It was a feud. He want's hoards of hate.
Honestly most people didn't know he existed prior. Rarely seen on camera.
What's was the face of the show, and the only time the channel was largely mentioned here was the FX 8350 streaming vid.
Think it was coincidence that a large number of people were praising this fat fuck from the first thread of the feud?
You know Sup Forums, we'd laugh at both party's for being dumb fucks.
You got played.

N-NO!
if you buy ryzen you hate diversity in technolgoy!
dont you want the money you spend on processors to be funneled into intels women in tech initiatives?
MISOGYNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No

You

Autistic

Faggot

I

Wont

Ever

Fucking

Stop

what in the fuck are you going on about take the foil hat off

You are stupid. The only reason I started watching Tek Syndicate was because of Wendell and I knew he was a fat awkward neckbeard from day 1. I doubt Wendell himself, or even his team, spend much time if any browsing Sup Forums; they have their own forums. However, we know that Sup Forums is filled with fat neckbeards, and particularly Sup Forums. This is why Wendell is mentioned from time to time. Wendell didn't start this thread, nor did any of his team. He doesn't need to do that since he already has a following here.

>we didn't talk about this fuckhead
We still don't. That video got posted in this thread because it's one of the most in-depth analyses we have regarding Ryzen gaming performance. That Wendell's team made the video only shows how competent they are.

>brought it to Sup Forums
...he has fans here, you idiot

>obvious he lurks
again, he has fans here, but more to the point, do you ACTUALLY think Sup Forums gets the scoop on ANYTHING? a majority of posters on this board are fucking retards, like yourself

Damage control: The post.

there was no real damage. small-minded peasants on anonymous internet forums have no real power, I just want to make sure they know what they said was stupid

>reddit spacing

you have to go back

ahahahaha stutterfags
the evidence is mounting and kikes are sweating

Intel new skylake will fix it

D-DELID THIS

newfags, everybody!

>tech channel
>shoots video at 30fps slideshows

tab closed

>user can't k-keep up with a real argument
go back to Sup Forums faggots

Fuck off Logan

Based on the video intel perform worse then the 0.1% and 1% suggested.

>cheeki breeki GPU-heavy game on max with tesselation maxed to benchmark CPUs
why

>>Ryzen gets

You're too obvious. Of all the eclebs mentioned on Sup Forums, this fat fat is apparently the only one with ""fans"".
>Wendell didn't start this thread, nor did any of his team. He doesn't need to do that since he already has a following here.
I bet you cry every second day you pathetic cunt.
Kneck yourself, fat greasy pimple headed fuck.

delidlake
stutterlake
housefirelake
coreletlake

I still don't understand why he keeps saying they couldn't tell the difference between the systems when they also clearly said that system 3 had stuttering.

And then they fucking measured it and proved that it does indeed have stuttering to a degree that is perceptible and he STILL says there's no real difference between them.

Of course both systems are going to have some spikes in frametimes, that's not the issue. The issue is whether the spikes are high enough or frequent enough to be perceptable. The answer is yes, the 7700k stutters on GTA5. This technically doesn't answer whether or not the 7700k will stutter on other games, especially since the subjective blind tests didn't reveal any real issues with it on other games.

Because it was damage control. If he said it was obvious then there's be no more freebees.
It was blatantly obvious. And lasting a lot longer than 100ms. Try 250-300.

So Wendell's findings are invalid you fucking shill?

i think he's meaning that the stutters are infrequent enough to be disregarded, which is subjective I think, but surely if it was a big issue, we'd have heard about it before now. As for not being able to tell the difference, I think he meant they had no idea while playing which system was which.Once you go back and play again knowing that the 7700k has an issue with occasional stutters, it would be obvious which system is which, but prior to that, they didn't know.

the videos they showed of the hangs were slowed down, you know...

Read the thread dumbass.
Separate conversation.
But yes, kinda. He's hiding how bad things really are.
See
They were far more than imperceptible.
>the videos they showed of the hangs were slowed down, you know...
""slowed""
Look closer. think about how long the animations take. You would have noticed that.

They showed them slowly so you could see the exact moment the hang happens. You can perceived it.

Wendell's findings in that video is that the 7700k is less consistent than the ryzen. Aka, it's worse.

>but surely if it was a big issue, we'd have heard about it before now
Given that until recently there was no competition it could have just been assumed games were badly optimized and that alone was the cause.

MUH SINGLE CORE
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Shilling this hard for an unfeeling corporation
AMD and Intel are the same: They're Corporations. They don't care about you.
You're wasting your time defending a company's product from valid criticism.

AMD is objectively a benevolent entity in the gaymen industry.

That comment was in favor of AMD....

I seriously don't get how these stupidly high frametimes with intel are magically appearing
I've had my 6700k since release and have never ever experienced frametimes that bad so how are these reviewers getting them all of a sudden?

Turn meme sync off. It'll allow you to run at 100%

Yeah turning off vsync gives me an even higher framerate and even lower frametimes

Now take a reaction test.

i did notice. you did not

No, why would that have anything to do with the frametimes of my CPU. My main point is why all of a sudden are all of these videos coming out of the wood works showing that the 7700k has bad frametimes when I've had my 6700k since release and I have never ever experience these issues nor have any of my friends who also own the same processor. Considering the 7700k is "better" you would think it wouldn't show the problems either.

No, i meant it was done to screw with the results.
The stutters are obvious without slowing down footage.
Them saying that you'd only notice it by slowing things down to tard slow is a flat out lie.

1) it's only really noticeable in GTA5
2) it's small and infrequent enough that you probably disregarded it

Correction:

i7 7700k 200+ ms stutters
Ryzen

Except it genuinely has never ever happened ever
I've monitored my game with rivatuner and other programs multiple times and it's never happened

these aren't frametimes being measured

Because the FX line wasn't in the same ball park. FX had less stutters if I remember rightly. But significantly less frames. Makeing it a non issue, because AMD was at """"un playable""" frame rates.
Unless I'm thinking the Graphic cards.. Actually the cards are more stable too.

The number of AMD shills in this thread are too damn high.

yes, they are obvious. they said that in the previous video. They slowed down the footage to show that vsync is off and so that you can see that the framerate is otherwise fine. They never said they slowed it down because you couldn't notice the stuttering without it slowed because obviously they already said all three of them noticed the stuttering without any measurements.

It actually increased IPC by 56%

Their goal was 40% and they blew past it.

You're right

with a GTX 1080 pushing a shitload of frames at 1080p?

>i think he's meaning that the stutters are infrequent enough to be disregarded, which is subjective I think

1 stutter per minute; I've played games like this and it's annoying as fuck

Their fans have had to deal with garbage processors for the last 5 years
Just let them have their couple victory laps

Two 980tis overclocked to 1.5ghz and +700 on mem

OP doesn't know wtf he's even talking about and he got the stutters wrong on intel, it's actually 200-300ms, like 20x longer than the stutters on AMD's chip, not 2x

Proof?

the video we're all watching you moron

Not gonna watch 12 minutes of a greasy neckbeard talking about processors
just post a graph showing your claim

Doesn't really matter when shit hits the fan and the CPU is used a lot (0.1% and 1% lows) = Intel falls to 30 FPS while Ryzen keeps 60 FPS.

could be a driver bug in Pascal. We know there are other bugs.

Nvidia drivers have actually been a clusterfuck since Pascal launched, really. In the months after Pascal launched I had nothing but problems with my drivers and I have a Maxwell card. I actually finally ditched Windows because it kept automatically updating my graphics drivers and causing low framerates and massive stuttering.

I'll assume so because there has never ever been any issues with this and then suddenly Ryzen launched at it became "Intel bad frametimes bad min framerates look at this atrocity" when I can't for the life of me replicate nor can my friend what these reviewers are getting

I mean, I'm glad AMD isn't shitting the bed in the process market anymore, but stating they are straight BETTER than itel's line up at all price points is delusional

I said 100+ (more than 100ms, didn't pay much attention to the graphics before posting). Also, they say in the video that they're measuring frametimes, but they do that without VSync, and maybe GTA V has issues with thread synchronization that get worse when VSync is off.

Just let them have their fun, they'll tire out eventually really I mean seriously when was the last time they had a win

>stating they are straight BETTER than itel's line up at all price points is delusional

I agree, That's not AMD's strategy.

The R5 and R7 are good buys, but I would prefer Intel's chips for the single threaded performance.

You can't say that, you're going to be called a shill or a "corelet" whatever the fuck that means

So have 4 cores 8 threads that are faster than 8 core 16 threads is considered a bad thing?

yes

Dude, I'm here to troll and shitpost. Chill.

Glad we cleared that up

>They're Corporations. They don't care about you.

Lisa Su is everyone's favorite '80s business aunt
I want her to hold me in her big strong arms while she walk-and-talks sweet nothings about electrical engineering

Logan has completely lost it. His career is over, and now all he does is hide in the shadows like fucking Golum staring at Wendels Patreon dwarfing his, seething at the fact his audience is Linus Tech Tips tier.

It's over Eugene.

Yes, for equal chance all benchmark must be done in Counter Strike 1.6 and Quake 3 Arena

youtube.com/watch?v=oMNFoNtKCR8

AYYMDFAGS BTFO

WILL THEY EVER RECOVER

y-yeah but muh learning processor

run it 500 times

>muh learning processor
First I'm hearing of this.
Bit more info?

If you started 16 instances of that benchmark all at the exact same time, the Ryzen would be faster

me too user

SenseMI

It's just prefetch that actually works.

anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700/11

can someone tell me what buttvibes feel like

like something in your butt that vibes

but i've never had the pleasure of knowing how that feels

Bumblebeads*

It feels the same as a dildo. Unless someone rips them out fast. That hurts.

Otherwise it tickles

>female
>short hair
I hate this. Long hair is objectively superior.