Fresh Windows 7 install

It's been few years from using Windows on any of my worktations but now I will dedicate on of them for it.

Usually I would get a clean ISO and install it on my laptops as they have valid keys but as this desktop doesn't have one I will download a clean ISO and use Daz loader.

The main issue is updating. Is WSUS still viable option for updating? Any new tools, scripts I should be aware of?

tl;dr
Fresh Windows 7 install ,what are the current offline updating tools/scripts and is there anything else I should be aware of?

Other urls found in this thread:

voat.co/v/Ancile/1257884
howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is WSUS still viable option for updating? Any new tools, scripts I should be aware of?
WSUS and Simplix is practically the only safe way to install windows updates now, Microsoft poisoned their own update service for 7 and 8.1 since you can't immediately tell which has a telemetry update.

There's nothing wrong with Windows 10 now...

Oh, really?

Good to know that WSUS is still a good choice. I'm currently backing up data on that desktop before installing Windows so if you have any additional suggestions or tips for current Windows 7 I would be grateful.

If you already have valid keys, as you mentioned, they will work on multiple computers. Excluding some rare license keys that do bar multiple use. MS usually allows two or three computers with the same key and multiple reinstalls. I would try using one you already have before breaking out the illegal circumvention.

Are you sure as those are valid only for my thinkpads and only for Windows 7 Pro. I could be wrong of course.

Also, anyone has a list of updates I should skip?

Mostly regarding forceful Windows 10 upgrades etc?

voat.co/v/Ancile/1257884

Thank you, This is what I needed.

just get an oem dvd and key off ebay for $30, how poor are you?

Irony is that I have access to free and legit Windows 10 ISO & licence keys but I can't stand the interface.

Also, paying for something I can get for free? How dense are you?

bitch you gonna spill that drink on the rug too.

MSDN access? Then you should be able to grab windows 7 as well unless they completely removed it.

Windows 7 Ultimate installed, Ancile done and now using WSUS.

Didn't know that speccy now installs Google Chrome automatically, my fault for not checking 'More' as usually there was just a directory and user choice.

You better disable google updates in msconfig via startup/services. Fuck nagware.

Will do. Quite odd that Google is using such bullshit methods as most of the users would ignore the install and proceed even on the first page.

Odd? No. This method of bundling extraneous software into an installer is pretty fucking old.
Google has long stopped being the company that followed, "first, do no evil." Nowadays it's like this: "first, see no evil." They hide their shit.

It's been couple of years from the last time I have used Windows. Nothing against the OS but I just haven't touched it in a while, I guess I will have to read installers and look for hidden menus even for legit software.

Not just google but even a couple of years back there were software installers that came with cancerous software. The first instance I could remember was in 2005 so it's probably been going for far longer than that.

at one point ancile uninstalls some windows updates... my question is these updates are related to telemetry, wcep, and botnet/etc, correct?

Yes. M$ decided to backport windows 10 telemetry via updates across all OS except Vista and older.

>fresh abandonware install

man windows7 is just slow, get at least 8.1, the difference is like night and day, especially with 8gb ram.

retard much?

WSUS almost done, Sandboxie installed and now debating if I should use a software firewall (TinyWall) or just turn an old laptop into a dedicated pfSense machine.

Also, need to hunt some of the rare drivers.

>He's aroused.

>mfw I installed the Ultimate N version and I can't bypass activation

Meh, have to reinstall it ...here we go again.

I see a nip

in a blue board

delet dis

install gentoo

is actually not real nip, just a painting

Thank you OP.
I've been asking this these past couple of days here and never got a clear answer as yours.
Now my Ryzen 1600 build will be complete.

so win7->sp1->ancile->simplix or in some other order?

Download Windows 7 SP1 and install "SP2".

"SP2" is unofficial but updates you all the way to April 2016. It's really dead simple too, just download 2 MSI files and install them.

howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/

You are welcome, I was suprised I actually got proper answers/suggestions on Sup Forums.

Good to know but I have already downloaded full WSUS package.

Holy fuck with all of these updates I really appreaciate linux package managers.

This is taking couple of hours.