How much is ungoogled chromium actually ungoogled...

how much is ungoogled chromium actually ungoogled? firefox is becoming unbearable but i can't see a good alternative that isn't a botnet or a meme browser with no extentions

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792580
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon#Security_issues
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon#Comodo_tracking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unless you can audit the whole source tree, you shouldn't trust chromium as "features" like these can still be hiding in there.
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792580
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909

SO WHAT BROWSER CAN I SWITCH TO REEEE

Google. Spammed the bug report I'm sure it's not coincidence

Comodo Dragon.. It's literally Google but without the botnet, all tracking shit is disabled plus it's a good company.

Iridium works too, they're both based off of Chromium

> meme browsers with no extentions

firefox. It's the least fucked up of them all
>but it has still gone to shit because of SJW

They DO have extensions. Chrome web store? Unless you're referring to something else.

you are stuck with firefox haha

What OS are you using?

>The proprietary windows only Comodo Dragon
What did he mean by this?

> least fucked up

i have like 5 extensions that are not even very heavy and it freezes everyday for the past two weeks or so

this trash needs to go

everything that works on chrome works on dragon and it has no google botnet?

win 7

Pretty much, it's the same for all Chromium forks.

I use iridium

lolwut?
Firefox is by far the slowest browser, for me anyway. You absolutely need to use a fork of an older version, such as palemoon. You'll not only end up with a stable browser, but you'll also get the taste of dyed hair and daddy issues out of your mouth.

>i have like 5 extensions that are not even very heavy and it freezes everyday for the past two weeks or so
>this trash needs to go
sorry to hear that. What extensions do you use?

>how much is ungoogled chromium actually ungoogled?
Completely. They did a find and replace on the entire source tree for any google-related domains and replaced them with invalid garbage. There is no possible way for the browser to contact google unless you explicitely browse to google like any other website.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon#Security_issues

This also makes updating extensions a huge pain in the ass

ublock,jewjewgo,track me not,lightbeam and [spoiler]avast[/spoiler]

i remember firefox going to shit gradually a few years back around the time chrome came out and i've still kept it it's really gone too far

What's wrong with firefox?

>avast
>spoiler

jesus christ

the issue at hand is that firefox sucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Dragon#Comodo_tracking

> no botnet

E10S is the only way to bring it to Chrome-levels of performance, but this breaks a fuckton of popular extensions if you use a lot of them together, like most people usually do. You've also got extension creators passive-aggressively refusing to fix them or prep them to the upcoming API shift, so we're doomed to be using ancient versions until something gives

Use HTTPS everywhere, it's too good to pass up

and please switch to startpage instead of jewjewgo, startpage has much better search results since they come from google (It's Google search without the botnet)

oh

use Icecat, the GNU fork of Firefox

Firefox.

Rebuilding Firefox would do the trick. In GNU/Linux is much easier but there are Windows guide around.

Basically telling the compiler that builds the code to build for your machine architecture and using Profile Guided Optimizations (PGO) will summon great performance.

You can test it by installing a GNU/Linux distro in another computer and building Firefox yourself.
Using the GCC flag: -march=native -O3 -mfpmath=sse
Then in the mozconfig file configure it with:
ac_add_options --enable-profile-guided-optimization

If all of that is too much for you then just install PaleMoon browser. The developer vectorized the code to make very good use of the CPU, thus increasing performance.
Firefox developers seem to care more for parallelism and developing shitty web engines.

Browser threads on Sup Forums have become such nasty cancer, holy shit. Always filled with a million recommendations for shitty outdated forks or crap from shady companies.

me too
is there anything wrong with iridium?

how's brave like?

>holds ad slots hostage and injects its own ads

Malware.

maybe there just are no good browsers?

I CANT OPEN FUCKING TWITCH.TV THIS SHIT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE LIKE IT LITERALLY WONT FUCKING LOAD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BROWSER

there aren't, pc web browsers saw that there were no good browsers for android and no one was really bitching so decided why should they keep trying

It's kinda brilliant, isn't it?

funny how people actually use meme browsers and are fine with trading security for a tiny bit more privacy. the sites are still tracking you in many different ways

QupZilla pleases my autism.

This sadly.

>amateur project
kek

You should try out Brave, it's gonna make web browsing great again

No it doesn't, only if you specifically ask it to. By default it blocks all ads.

>TWITCH.TV

Vivaldi

A friend of mine recommended brave. Is it shit-tier, or actually a good browser?

meme browser with gimmicks like speed dial but no add ons

>that shity tab manager
I'd rather use internet explorer not even joking

It's surprisingly good, not quite perfect yet, but definitely has the most potential out of all the other meme browsers.

>incorrect meme arrowing
Noted on your permanent record

Go with Vivaldi