BUT WAIT® VEGA™

wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-560-550-specs-gaming-benchmarks-official-leak/

>amd official benchmark
>compare 580 with the r9 380, 370, gtx 970 and igpu
>it's just factory oc 400 rebrands

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/forum/371948-33-resolved-fixing-dead-video-card
videocardz.com/67289/nvidia-volta-to-be-manufactured-in-12nm-process
expreview.com/52959.html
anandtech.com/show/11102/nvidia-announces-quadro-gp100
hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/83801-nvidia-tsmc-allegedly-tape-next-gen-14nm-pascal-gpu/
3dcenter.org/news/nvidias-maxwell-chips-gm204-gm206-legen-tape-out-fuer-die-28nm-fertigung-hin
youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZMOn0X6jw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1.6X faster than 380X, what a beast, it's literally 608X faster

>still cant beat a 290x
lmao holy fuck

What does the 500 series have to do with Vega? You realise that those are going to be named parts like the Fury lineup, yes? We've known for fucking months that the 500 cards were just going to be rebrands. Why are you just finding out about it now? Did somebody post it on Sup Forums and you came to tell us?

vega should have been out a year earlier

>nvidia doesnt rebrand

how much faster is it compared to the radeon 8500?

well, they haven't in 3 years now

most kids talking about GPUs bought their first one with a 970. These kids are juniors in college now

>Tfw my r9 fury is still on of their most powerful cards
>Tfw they still haven't bested a 3 year old card

Why?

>design completely new architecture
>it's worse performing than your last two architectures

is Polaris the biggest GPU disappointment in history?

Why are they doing this? Where is Vega?

>Hawaii is basically finewine now even with new cards coming out
Tastes good

Why are 390X's so rare? Did they not sell well or what?

>buy second hand 290X as upgrade
>reference cooler is even loader than the roumours
>mod an old 7950 cooler to fit
>runs well for two days
>suddenly dies and PC wont boot at all with card installed
>it appears I missed one mosfet heasink
>it's now black instead of white
How fucked am I?

no they did not

at they time they were competing with the 980 which beat it in performance and tied it in price. This was also when the 970 became the marketed meme card so all nvidia products skyrocketed in popularity

it's pretty tragic since AMD actually won the previous generation; the 7970 blew the 680 out of the fucking water and the 700 series nvidia rebrands were disappointing as fuck, meanwhile AMD brought out the big guns with the 290/x which is still their top performing mid range card to this day

AMD has had nothing but lame rebrands and two disappointing architctectures since then while nvidia has had their actually good maxwell and pascal cards step up the game to the point where they're so far ahead of AMD it's a joke

you're really fucked. Should have bought an aftermarket cooler that actually fits the thing

So there's no way I can just bypass that mosfet, cut it out or maybe even fluke ordering and soldering a replacement?

any money spent on fixing that would be better spent on a new GPU that you won't break from being a retard

tomshardware.com/forum/371948-33-resolved-fixing-dead-video-card

At the time it released in summer nvidia was promoting the witcher and batman bundle with gtx 970/980s while And had dirt rally or nothing

>loader than the roumours
What the fuck are you doing?

around 100x, unless you are still playing very old games, but then you don't care, right?

I understand that there can be Intel fans, but Nvidia fans? Come on.

>muh gtx680 to gtx770
At least that was not all the lineup

dear underage shitposter, quality of architecture does not depend on performance comparison with particular SKUs

This is not Vega you nvidiot doofus. They just want something to launch along with Vega, so that the lineup doesn't feel incomplete.

The 290x is the best AMD GPU ever made. 2700k tier desu.

399x and 390 plain
The 290 and 290x had dirt rally so people bought those

>impying OP said that

WAIT VEGA (tm)

Sorry, *louder than the rumours.
Tired,

W A I T

Can't wait for Vega to come out and stay below a 1070 and bloated with issues that the pajeets are gonna address by telling people to just wait for drivers.

Nvidia has fans because their products actually improve significantly regardless of how you feel about their business practices. Intel on the other hand has almost entirely abandoned the desktop and releases new SKU's with no noticeable improvements while locking features behind paywalls.

>rx570 vs 370
>not even rx470

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This,

Fury 2.0

Hows that PLP surround treating you? Oh wait...

The rx 570 is a rebranded rx 470.

Is the GTX 1100 series going to be a Pascal refresh?

And the funny thing is that the Nvidia gpus are at stock clocks. Sup Forums tries to avoid the fact that amd gpus have no ocing headroom at all and that maxwell OCs like mad. A gtx 970 easily OCs to stock 980 levels and will smoke the ever living fuck out of the 480 in anything aside from the two games that amd users can play well (ashes and doom), but Sup Forums amd marketers doesn't want you to know that of course.

Isn't it Volta?

Enjoy your shitty DX12 driver, fuckwad

>summer july 2015
>MSI 290- $220 +$60 game
>sapphire r9 390 $345
no wonder its rare

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

So should I rush out and grab a 480 on sale now or pay a little more later for a cherry picked overclocked 480 v2?

Not him but DX 12 is shit, its dx9/dx11 or the rare vulkan or opengl

Enjoy your 25th replay of ashes of singularity and waiting months for hotfixes for every single released game out there so you can play for more than 5 minutes without BSODing.

:3

nvidia GPUs can get to high clocks but get piss clock scaling because of other bottlenecks in the architecture.
Probably. Volta won't be out until 2018.

Why do people post 'just wait' like an insult? Do kids not realize R&D takes time?

Almost like engineering new architecture is something complex, woah

videocardz.com/67289/nvidia-volta-to-be-manufactured-in-12nm-process

expreview.com/52959.html

2018 is only next year tho...

>amd pajeet trying to salvage this fiasco

and shortly after will be the high end Vega refresh and shortly before low end Vega will be replacing the 5XX series.

ITS NOT FUNNY NVIDIOT

Because AMDfags said wait Fury X then wait Fury X drivers.

>Poolaris

Fury X was excellent

Nvidicucks devastated they wont get HBM2 for another year

>overhypped
>released AFTER nvidia card
>massive disappointment
>expensive
>slower than 980ti at the launch
>can't touch full gm200
>memory compression was bullshit
>this hourefire need a aio cooler
>draw a lot power
>wait 3 month for good driver
>finally match with the 980ti
>nobody bought it because that was too late
>nvidia release pascal

Like HBMeme...

anandtech.com/show/11102/nvidia-announces-quadro-gp100

>X DD
X--DDD :DDD:D

>Nvidious retard samefagging the entire thread

Nvdrones are worse than Intelcucks.

0/10 stupid amdtard.

>27 posters
>samefagging

(you)

gotta love those false flags

Well the RX 580 is for me (i have a gtx 960) the best upgrade in terms of the price

nice try poojeet

They could not produce HBM1 effectively enough

And now they have had constant issues with HBM2

I still want to see a massive size reduction in gpus with stacked ram

That always happens with something new. GDDR5 was as rare as HBM back in the days it was first introduced.

I dont get the hate aganist the Rebrand for the 5xx Series. Well its a small upgrade but its still an upgrade

It's a reason to shitpost. NVIDIA will release Pascal Refresh and people will shitpost again. It never ends.

I will be happy if i get the MSI RX 580 Gaming 8G Card

pascal is getting a refresh in 2018 to go with skylake the 3rd
480 is already near a 390, 580 should best it in every title. If the eur prices converted to usd are right it will be $230 or less.
$200 cheaper midrange card can throw the same frames as the previous gen $400+ card? I fail to see the issue
>bunt mosfet?
r fukt m8
If you really wanted to revive it you could read up on smt hot air soldering or take it in somewhere if you could match the mosfet or remove it from a broken card.
yes, they might skip straight to 20 series ie 2080 etc.
maybe the best 470 overclocked to the max vs the stock reference card in the slide. sapphire nitro only does 75fps in doom 1080p ultra

there won't be a pascal ''refresh'', nvidia is releasing volta around q4 '17 or q1 '18.

Volta hasn't even taped out yet.

Volta won't be in gaymen GPUs this year. Maybe quadros or tegras or some shit, but the consumer cards aren't coming until next year. The pascal refresh already started with the titan XP.

Even Nvidia's own roadmap puts it in 2018, and considering someone already told you that it hasn't taped out the soonest you'll see it is April 2018
Maybe the HPC monster like P100 2 months earlier.

[citation needed]

>Volta won't be in gaymen GPUs this year. Maybe quadros or tegras or some shit, but the consumer cards aren't coming until next year.

nvidia always releases quadros after the consumer/mainstream products.

> The pascal refresh already started with the titan XP.

titan xp isn't a refresh, it's an entirely new product with a fully enabled gp102 chip instead of a cut one like the titan x and 1080ti.

>>[citation needed]
Nothing because it hasn't yet, for Pascal and Maxwell we know day1 when it taped out.

hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/83801-nvidia-tsmc-allegedly-tape-next-gen-14nm-pascal-gpu/
3dcenter.org/news/nvidias-maxwell-chips-gm204-gm206-legen-tape-out-fuer-die-28nm-fertigung-hin

And even if it did tape out today it still wouldn't make it in time for Q4 2017.

You might see a GV100 teaser during GTC but it'll only start selling half a year later the soonest.

After that another several month wait for GV104 and another 2-3 month wait for GV102

Fucking poojeets when will they ever learn

who is this boner condoner?

>can't into WAIT/IQDB

iqdb, google and tineye say shit with no results, but already found it.

It's "Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai"

tapeouts are not usually announced publicly, these are just rumor mills that spread blatantly false info. a chip takes ~15 months from tapeout to mass production usually, which is pretty close to nvidia's release cadence.

volta will most likely be out january-feb '18 at the latest, maybe earlier with a large price premium if AMD completely drops the ball with vega.

They're barely ever announced for a reason, all tapeout info has been unofficial, but rarely ever wrong. I mean most of this info comes from some middle-tier fab guy connected to a few industry people like Kyle and Charlie, who just paraphrase him

If a card lineup is coming this year its a refresh of pascal most likely. Maybe a better process with better clocks maybe same process with a slight price drop due to Vega compeition

either way i doubt new architecture is coming this year.

Looks like it's another two years of the 290x for me

The 290 is the 2500k of GPUs. It is/was a great card.

>not unlocked 290

Fag

youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZMOn0X6jw

>he couldn't even find some indian for $2 to do some acting for him

3/10

You're so dumb it hurts.

well considering the goal of polaris was to bring high end (380X, gtx 970) performance at low end prices, yeah it's not bad that they could refine it to get significantly better than that target at (hopefully) same price. Once vega launches it'll be the replacement to the fury X and compete with 1080-1080Ti performance

tfw bought a rx480 for literally Doom 2016 and aoe2

> tfw my 380X runs Doom 4 at 70+ fps 1080p

This is literally not vega you fucking moron

>WAIT® VEGA™

No shit