Who uses pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en&ref_topic=7189145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i do

I failed for the meme.

Everything alright so far.

I hope nobody does.
Free users only get 500mb space (literally nothing). They supposedly 'encrypt' your e-mails displayed in some golly gui. 100% sure it's a honeypot.

Don't fall for this meme. Have your own mailserver.

o/

I use it everyday. The double password requirement to login is great. Best of all it lets you send encrypted emails to non-proton users with a timer.

>Free users only get 500mb space (literally nothing)

People use this mainly for the privacy and security not for convenience. You can pay to have more by the way.

>They supposedly 'encrypt' your e-mails displayed in some golly gui. 100% sure it's a honeypot.

Your conjecture does not convince me, wish you got something more concrete against ProtonMail.

>Have your own mailserver.

This is not practical and doesn't solve the problem in any way.

>.com

I do. Along with Tutanota.

the only real gripe is the lack of IMAP
other than that, i am ok with the service

so i use protonmail for the important stuff, like memberships, paypal...

and i use fastmail for the stupid shit
fastmail is the best email i have used in my entire live
it costs like a cheap videogame for a year, so i am ok with it

>.ch
You can choose

Alright there turbonerd.

Imagine a life where you mean something. You have some very important documents that you exchange with other -important- people. One day, you notice a man that has a nice t-shirt saying "I encrypt your stuff!". Now this man's t-shirt is made out of some real finesse so it's very convincing. "Sure!", you respond. You hand him all your important documents, and turn your back while saying "send that document to my colleague!". You walk off.
How are you entirely sure the man encrypts your data? You don't, you are only convinced by his nice t-shirt.

Replace this analogy's words:
Man -> protonmail
T-shirt -> gui
Documents -> e-mails

There you go, if security is of any importance you would never use services like this. You can't trust their back end either.

not anymore, afaik

So nothing concrete then? Gotcha.

How having your own mailserver is not practical? Look up ISPmail guide for example, guy who makes those tutorials explains how to setup your own mail server on Debian and explains how it all works very well. Even me with no prior experience with mail servers could set it up with that guide and it works very well

wtf i hate protonmail now

>paying for email

Loving
Every
Laugh

Nah i made a new account last week, you still can

Ok, that seems better. I will consider my choice of ProtonMail then.

nice to know
i don't know where i read about that .ch addresses been some kind of privilege for the first members or something
ty

If you are not paying then you are the product.

Now, paying doesn't guarantee anything, it could be a scam. But you are fucking delude if you think you can have something that is nice, safe and quality made for free. You are paying with your ass.

Its open source, check it yourself mate.

Maybe it's a different back end they are using. How can you be 100% they are using that source?

i paid for a while
the thing is, the whole '5 aliases' thing is pretty much dubious advertisement

so there i was, ready to create a bunch of aliases that i could rename from time to time, or delete when i am tired of receiving shit, or having my data go public thanks to any major hack

now the catch:
you can only create 5 aliases
that you can only DEACTIVATE, not reuse/rename

translation: 5 one time creation aliases. once you create 5, you are set, and have to pay more. if you deactive 1, you end up with 4

i refunded, and went back to free

I use Tutanota as well.
I tried using proton mail and I still find Tutanota is better.

>Tutanota
IMAP?

I secured my mail name but nothing more. I don't trust them in the long run, they can give up anytime and it will only be a bother to switch back to immortal gmail

Tutanota has a better mobile app imo, the protonmail app doesn't remember my long as fuck passwords and it's a bitch typing them in every time.

>be poor
>free email
>MUH BOTNET

>be not poor
>pay for great service, support
>have privacy
>profit

>Open source, swiss e mail service - honeypot.
OK lad.

>have privacy
See

>pay for great service, support
Your mom gives great service for free

fastmail have a really nice feature: device passwords

you create a one time password for each specific device, so that if you lose your phone, or someone steals your laptop, you get into the fastmail interface, and cancels that device password, and they are out

google should learn about this
the 2FA myth is too pretty, until you lose your phone

It was developed by a fucking CERN scientists, retards. It's not some teenager's school project

>paid service
>zero ads

I'm not worried about spam filters, have fun helping google to further build your advertising profile

huh I didn't know that. Will have to check it out, just recently activated the 2FA

protossmail can be used for free silly boy

Hipster honeypot and gay. Using pgp with literally any email service will offer you non-meme encryption if you really need one.

As a follow up to this thread, are there any good email clients left on the market?

Outlook is trash, and Tbird is dead

gnus^W Claws mail.

i use the windows mail client
but that is just because i use email only to send memes and youtube videos

I'll just leave this here.

>notice which country isn't on the list

Yep, it's good.

Gmail already has that feature.

who uses pic related?

I love Zoho's features, but because it's located in both India and the USA I'm a bit afraid of using it.

I currently use Runbox and honestly I wouldn't recommend it due to it's ugly interface.

nice to know
i am going to test that shit right now
ty

neat

I failed for the meme.

And what a good one it is.

That's odd. I've been using it for many years now. I think I've been using it since 2013 or something.

>Who uses pic related?

Retards.

Maybe it only works if you enable two step verification. Have you done that?

nah, i dont know why it fucks me up

no i dont have that enabled. good idea
the thing is these days i only use gmail ocassionaly. i have already migrated everything to proton and fastmail
i plan on deleting my account in a matter of weeks

support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en&ref_topic=7189145

thank you anyway. it is a really cool feature
fastmail is easier: click on create password, and login with that password on the other device/program
then fastmail shows you the login, and you can rename it to whatever you like, put an icon and stuff like that

pretty cool

I signed up for it, took three weeks to get, logged in once, noticed the 500mb thing and laughed as I logged off again. A few weeks later it was down because they got DDOS'd. What a joke.

>What a joke

>t. Gmail team

Me. It just werks.
I realized how shitty and clusterfucked gmail is compared to simple "just fucking email" tho.

Same goes for literally every e-mail service. It's all about technical part. Cockman just fairly says what should be told to every mail server customer on the earth.
I appreciate this.
Also

I see no point in it

Yandex is the best mail I use

>still grasping

I've got a couple accounts, don't use them as my main emails though as I can't use it with mail clients

you neglect to mention that the man in the t-shirt shows you that he encrypts your stuff (protonmail is open source)