Anyone here using Chrome OS? How is it?

Anyone here using Chrome OS? How is it?

I keep thinking of how limited it looks. There's not much you can do on Android and it just looks marginally more usable.

Other urls found in this thread:

galliumos.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's complete trash. That's why it's a complete commercial failure.

It's not for power users, it's for tech illiterates who buy chromebooks.

Some attacker managed to root mine with something called crouton using a nasty exploit that's not documented anywhere. Use with caution

/thread

Chromixium/Cub Linux superior

I like the general look of ChromeOS, but that's about it. On more than one occasion I've attempted to rice Windows 7 to resemble it with semi-decent results.

>web apps pinned to taskbar

I've bought two Chromebooks and replaced chrome OS with Linux within the first hour of buying each of them.

Acer c720 4GB w/ m.2 SSD = can't beat it for $200

it's great for surfing the web

botnet

Can you install any distro? Last I looked you needed some specific ARM variant

It's supposed to be used as a web client OS, genius.

I'm thinking about replacing my Thinkpad X230 and Mi Pad 2 with a Samsung Chromebook Pro when I go back to school this fall, it's pretty much one of the only laptops that has a 3:2 screen aside from the Microsoft Surface lineup. If I need access to a more powerful system on the go I can just VNC into my desktop at home.

I might install Linux on it if I don't like Chrome OS but I don't think Linux has all that good support for touchscreens and stylus input yet.

Well, they’re using ARM, of course.

galliumos.org
your best bet is a chromebook that supports this

>I keep thinking of how limited it looks.
that's the whole point, everything through the browser or in the cloud. it's not supposed to be anything more (for now)

Acer c720 is Intel. Either Celeron or i3.

I use it as a dedicated shitposting machine. I swapped out the 16GB SSD for a 256 to hold all my memes. Under no circumstances would I use it as my main computer.

>your best bet is a chromebook that supports this
Then how exactly is a glorified tablet "= can't be beat for $200" when a X220 or other Thinkpad is literally better in every way?
>Celeron or i3
>for $200
This is trash. Once again, not sure who is the original poster I replied to, but how can't this be beat when Thinkpads can be had for around the same price?

chromeos
firefoxos
windowsos

good goym os

It's fine for shitposting and web browsing, dual boot a lightweight linux distro if you want anything more though. Any intel chromebook has good linux support and good battery life

>Judging a Chromebook on the specs
It's literally designed to just run a browser you retard, and better specs is the only thing a used Thinkpad does better, I can buy a refurbed Acer Chromebook 14 for $230 that has a 1080p IPS screen, better battery life and better design.