>tfw fell for the meme

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/opensource-apple/xnu
github.com/darwin-on-arm/xnu
github.com/opensource-apple/xnu/blob/10.12/Makefile
opensource.apple.com/
theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Kernel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

assuming you bought it and price wasn't an issue, you now have the best mobile hardware. the only criticism could be the software.

considering the alternative is botnet Android made by an advertising company, iOS wins by default. and you can jailbreak iOS if you so wish.

there is NO reason to buy an android phone unless your a poorjeet.

This

The only alternative would be waiting a few months until Sony starts rolling out the first official version of Sailfish for their Xperia phones.
Not sure yet which way I'll go, I really can't tolerate Android anymore, it's a pile of shit.

SE is quite nice actually. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course the Sup Forums spergs will shitpost maymays but you shouldn't take advise from Sup Forums anyway.

>poorjeet
> pixel 650 USD
> k

Blackberry still sell there os. Great phones. Then you have window phones.
I have an android with eclaire on it. I boxed it That thing is just a breathing security risk. I didnt care for my apple 4 cause I felt it should do more.
My blackberry is 6 yrs old and I dont see any lags. I also dont care about apps.

>Blackberry still sell there os.
Sorry, Don't take advice from anons who don't care about spelling. I don't do irony, either.

>Android is dumb

Enjoy your hacked Apple trashware, I'll continue to enjoy open source, comprehensive software.

>Android
>open source
Lmao

Are you a fucking moron? You know AOSP exists right?

And I'll continue to enjoy polished, secure software thanks.

>botnet android
yeah, Apple is so much better

Did you wrote the drivers too?

You do know that unless you don't actually build your own rom, you won't be sure of what you're running. And even if you do, you'll still have proprietary blobs to deal with.

Vs Apple's proprietary everything, I'll take my chances. Believe it or not there are trusted developers in the world.

Yeah, you're wrong. Propietary blobs are made by the manufacturer and you can't get rid of them, not unless you somehow have access to the manufacturer's schematics, and have the technical knowledge to build new ones. The replicant project tried exactly that and failed miserably.

So, in the end you cannot escape the botnet.

why are you conflating blobs with the term "botnet"?

Do you know what a botnet is?

Ok, I'll rectify. In the end, your privacy is compromised, no matter what.

Also iOS' kernel is open-source.

Not to mention closed source

How do you faggots use this piece of shit? The screen is tiny, one of my fingers (Which are not even that big) take up a large portion of the screen. No wonder only teenage girls, and fags buy iPhones.

hi shrek how is life in the swamp treating you

Feels good being a fucking man. Way to many traps, and fags on here.

agreed, it does feel good fucking men

you were doing well to disguise your shilling then blew your cover harder than piper perri blew a bbc

>typical iphone user

>iOS
>open source
pick one, or do you have a source?

This would have been the perfect shitpost if you left off the poorjeet part

Get the iPhone 6/7 Plus then, bigger nigger

>being a green bubble
>using SMS in 2017
I'm LMAOing at these pajeets' lives in this thread, Android is hot trash

Nope. I am happy with my Note 5.

>$200 hardware
>$650 price tag

fagdroids actually condone this

>256gb iPhone 7 Plus
>$969 before tax
>no headphone jack included
>no AMOLED display
>closed source
>one of the slowest charging phones in the world

iphags will defend this

we're not talking about the iphone 7 plus

>s8 is literally 720 USD
>poorjeet

>the only criticism could be the software.
WRONG
the software is GOAT
continuity and the fact that you can text and call using other Apple devices through your phone is GOAT

This, although software is just fine when jailbroken.

Goodmorning buttercup

>the only criticism could be the software.
Which is kind of a big deal because this is what single-handedly dictates your experience as a user. iOS is a fucking nightmare.

what do you hate about it compared to android?

I fell for the meme too a month ago, still waiting on that 10.2.1 jailbreak, wtf hackers?

>Apps are isolated from one another and can't be used in combination on one file for example
>safari is massive shit
>notifications are massive shit
>no file explorer and simple drag&drop
The list goes on and on.
It's a nice-looking, polished dumbphone OS.

Welcome to the masterrace.

>no headphone jack included
>closed source
>one of the slowest charging phones in the world
These things are barely related to the price. Unlike NVMe storage.

Now that's a better example given that Samsung mostly have relatively expensive components. Though looking at their software, it was probably made by child slaves who took a break from assembling the shit.

>iOS' kernel is open-source.
No, it isn't.

Are you stupid? It was ported to the nokia n900 before.

Holy shit you can't even read what the link you posted says. This a new level of stupidity.

That's the macOS kernel you retard. The iOS kernel has never been open source.

>XNU kernel is part of the Darwin operating system for use in OS X and iOS operating systems.
uhhh i dont know user

>github.com/opensource-apple/xnu
You made a fool of yourself, check the readme.

Build it for the ARM architecture. I'll wait here retards.

I wonder who's the retard
github.com/darwin-on-arm/xnu

github.com/opensource-apple/xnu/blob/10.12/Makefile
The Makefile makes several references to the ARM architecture, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Sorry user, can't do anything about your butthurt.

>hobbyist port of the macOS kernel to arm
No, I'm still asking for the official iOS kernel. Build the official XNU release and target ARM, retard. I'll wait.

And the arm platform specific code is missing. Cmon, I'll wait here, build it.

So this is how much shit you'd would eat to fight for your stupid internet argument.

Just admit that you were wrong and move on. It's ok, we're all wrong sometimes.

I'm still waiting.

>autism

Seems like the iOS kernel wasn't open source after all, as anyone with half a brain already knew.

What's this then?

I'll explain it, considering some people here are retarded. That's the macOS kernel, XNU, which has always been open source. The iOS kernel is *based* on XNU, but it's not exactly the same. Apple has never released the iOS kernel as open source and the entire iOS stack is proprietary and closed, except for WebKit.

opensource.apple.com/

I hope this helps other fellow anons to reply when when some retard claims the iOS kernel is open source.

>The kernel of iOS is the XNU kernel
theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Kernel

Both macOS and iOS run the exact same kernel wtf are you on

>wtf are you on
Malice.

>What are app extensions?

Still waiting for that ARM build my retarded friends.

Despite the memes, you'll like it. iOS is seriously great, but lack of customization is a thing.

>inb4 mindless shill

It's a pretty good meme tbqh. Nothing to be ashamed of. You made the only rationally defensible decision.

Not something that can fix any of the issues mentioned. The only way to make iOS not shit is for Apple to stop forbidding apps to access files. As it is they're restricted to their own file system, and to move a file from one app to another the dev must specifically handled this particular file format and this particular transition from app A to app B. aka it's fucking shit and won't ever solve iOS closedness problem.

>>>/macrumors/

Why would you buy it now when in 5 months time the new iPhone comes out?

You either buy it when it comes out or wait for the next iPhone

No way in hell I'm going to buy iPhone 7s/8/X/whatever, if it resembles anything closer to pic related

I can't believe people are still buying ifones. The os is total shit.

You're total shit.

Enjoy iOS clusterfuck now. I already fell for the meme and sold that shit.

Best mobile hardware when the op3t shits on it?

they recently increased storage capacity on the cheapest model. I was hoping for a price drop but I realized it's not happening so I just got it.

also just wanted to say I'm glad I fell for the meme now. :^) The keyboard isn't as good as the blackberry I was using before it, but everything else is way better.