Biostar is about to release an mitx form factor AM4 motherboard somewhere in the end of this month

Biostar is about to release an mitx form factor AM4 motherboard somewhere in the end of this month

Thoughts?

Is it good time to jump into the mitx-train with a Ryzen 1700?

>Mini ITX
But why?

mITX is a meme. Those boards cost more than ATX boards and all the heat is concentrated on a smaller space. This is bad for the components in the long run and requires your coolers to spin faster which also makes your PC louder.

>thoughts

It's fine if you want to deal with Realtek NICs and don't want to overclock.

>Biostar
>AMD
Oh my. Shit and shit combined. Wow.

Found the exploding ANUS victim

smaller traces mean less distance between things and thus goes faster

do you even into science bro

there's the charm for a small system

these boards are rumored to be quite affordable
~ 100 burgers

you can overclock on these boards, or is there some other reason?

Biostar is good.
ECS in the other hand.

I swear this board only jack off to brand like MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte or ASROCK all the time and talk shit about something that doesn't used on OC level.

>you can overclock on these boards,
You can, but their power delivery isn't very advanced, so it's better to keep stock on these low VRM boards.

Not the quoted guy, but he might be implying that the biostar board might not deliver power with enough quality for stable overclocks.

>>Shitting on realtek gigabit nics in this day and age

Seriously son you best have a good reason, and unless its "I plan to use this machine as a software router" then gtfo

Enjoy your shitty WOL and no interrupt coalescing support, I love it when the NIC hammers my CPU with a billion of interrupts.

It's not used for OC because the components have shit quality and start smoking as soon as you look them funny.

gotta probably just wait for reviews of this board and results with attempted overclocks before buying this

>don't want to overclock.
He can do some decent P-state overclocking even on kuso 3 phase boards, which is way more efficient than just dumbly raising the voltage and multiplier.

I feel like both biostar and ecs get a lot of shit due to their crappy OEM boards they shit out a decade ago
And they definitely make cheap budget boards today but they still work fine, theyre not bad
My sisters athlon 5350 machine is on a 30$ ECS board, my old i5 4460s system was on a 35$ biostar board
never had any issues

Manchildren only know of 'big names' like ANUS and Gigabyte, but forgot to mention that ASUS was a complete shitshow for both AM4 and X99 boards

>>Shitty WOL
never seen this happen, usually the fault of either the router or user because the set the power savings incorrectly. As for the hardware interrupts - yes that's a problem (and it can be disables via driver settings) but its hardly a dealbreaker on a budget mobo.

That's the point you numbnuts.

>I feel like both biostar and ecs get a lot of shit due to their crappy OEM boards they shit out a decade ago

Biostar is good now, ECS is still shit in lower market.
What i hate that you guys talk as if this board own every mobo in the world and test them them self on consumer level.
I sold every mobos that ever exist in my store, you guys doesn't know shit.

>It's not used for OC because the components have shit quality

Perhaps you'd care to explain in detail what your issue with their MOSFET choice is? The highsides are SM4377NSKPs, rated for up to 50A and the lowsides are SM4364NAKPs, rated for up to 60A. The PWM controller is a ISL95712, also used by ASRock and Gigabyte on their Ryzen boards.

As you're clearly an electrical engineer, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the specific weaknesses of these parts which make them prone to exploding.

>mini-itx
>no wireless module
thrash

>DVI-D port
WASTED SPACE

Yeeeessss, good goy. Hook up your computer to the wireless botnet and make our job that much easier.

>Compact platform.
>expecting more feature.
What the fuck is going on with this retarded board?

>What the fuck is going on with this retarded board?
Reminder that this is the same board that thinks you need 20 phase mobos or 16 phase GPUs to do a mild overclock.

>reviews of this board
>Review for mITX board

Good luck with that, the only reason why people only reviews expensive ATX board because they either got payed so company can sell more those boards or so some retarded consumer can increase their E-PEN, based on their purchase on a motherboard that they will never fully used the whole function.

B350 spec allows overclocking by default but I doubt you will get alot of Power phases in such a small form factor so OC will be low if at all.

>>mini-itx
>>no wireless module
Most high end itx mobos come with mini-pcie wifi module, up to 6 sata ports and m.2 ports. There is no reason AM4 should be different.

They might aswell combine the desktop and laptop markets to target a bigger market, so start making so-dimms mainstream.

X370 isn't supposed to be available in this form factor. AMD are prepping a dedicated chipset for ITX boards called X300, which should improve things. Other manufacturers seem to be waiting for that to release theirs.

Also, this Biostar board has an M.2 slot. It's on the back.

>no decent µATX motherboard with ALC1220, atleast 8 VRMs, USB 3.1 Gen2 (+Type C) motherboard