Wow guys, I'm really glad this is open source

Wow guys, I'm really glad this is open source.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/amp/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Indeed. It's about time an open source project is popular and recieves tons of donations.

>closed source
>two years of development and can already play many games at full speed
Really makes you think

Hopefully they can get Zelda running without issues. I was going to get a Switch, and have Zelda with accessories for the console, but I'll probably sell all of that.

Zelda runs without issues already. It just needs optimisation so that you don't need a 5GHz Kaby Lake chip to get something close to a locked 30fps.

Going open source would be bad since it's probably infringing on several of Nintendo's IP. As it stands, Nintendo would need to take them to court somewhere (no idea where the Cemu devs are based) and get a mandatory audit done to see if it's using any of Nintendo's IP. Nintendo's never going to bother with that since the WiiU's dead anyways.

what the fuck is that

There's still issues mate. It's not perfect.

Donald Trump cyborg build in progress. Starting from the head down.

That's what happens when you pull a BGA chip from it's socket.

When things are open source in general, does that mean I can take their code and make a build for like Xbox one and publish it and get like 5 bucks per download but still give them credit while my title is still intact as a developer?

Where does that mass of wire come from

the xbox is propietary. you can't sell software for it or you'll have microsoft up your ass

>all this for skyrim tier open world shit with zelda slapped on it

Only problemo with Cemu is that it almost certainly infringes on GPL code (dolphin's). Pretty suspicious how quickly Cemu became a viable emulator tee bee heich.

I doubt it, they mostly use code from Nintendo's SDK.

Isn't that an actual piece of hardware as well as software? Like, it wouldn't implement much of use to an emulator

>That high precission savagery.
My mind imploded.

>it's a plebs argue about where Cemu stole their code from thread

If you guys have managed to decompile their binaries, please do share your evidence.

Why would it use Dolphin's code? AFAIK the WiiU has very little in common with the Wii/GB

From trying to solder it back together

They are probably using code from a dev unity, no way they advanced so fast in 2 years just by reverse engineering

I dunno, man. I tried it and get this at 5-9 FPS on a [email protected] GHz

>Playing the australian version

There are also visual issues and glitches at times. It's far from perfect.

They legit have no reason to be closed source
Even if they don't just accept any code from anyone other than their own team then they could atleast let other people read it

My guess is that either
A - They are using Nintendo code and think they'll get away with it
B - Have shit code and don't want others to see it
or C - They can't stand the idea of someone forking it and creating a better version than them

I think that A is the most likely scenario

>Patreon provides >$40k/month
>Dolphin was built entirely by volunteers

How unlikely do you think the following scenario is?
>They open their source
>Interested people immediately jump on it
>It gets forked
>The same kind of people who have dedicated so much time and effort to e.g. Dolphin then dedicate a similar amount of time and effort to the fork, making it a pretty good alternative
>The fork ends up being better, perhaps because it has more contributors
>Nobody uses the original anymore because there's literally no reason to
>Eventually: patreon provides $0/month

The only way this would not happen is if these two guys (or however many people are working on it, which isn't more than a handful) can out-develop a community of active volunteer devs. Not by any means impossible, but certainly by no means certain either, and failure would basically remove all their funding. Why would they ever take that risk?

It would be trivial for a company like Nintendo to look at CEMU's binary and find their own code used.

Yes, but also depends on the license.

dumb fuck

The is a tool that I don't recall the name that makes the game playable. Take a look at YouTube or any other place

You're the dumb fuck, you cuck bitch.

Is this Windows?

Or they just want to make money.

>Nintendo
>Knowing their arse from a hole in the ground
This is the same company that has to download ROMs of their own games from the internet to sell on their virtual console.

go back to Sup Forums and stay cuck

>41k USD a month

>This is the same company that has to download ROMs of their own games from the internet to sell on their virtual console.
No fucking way

>Is this Windows?
Running on Windows, streamed via steam to linux-powered laptop.

For whatever reason, the graphics are much less fucked up when not run via steam streaming, but it's still slow as fuck.

I have a saved post of someone doing something like that, stealing open source projects and posting them for you own CV.

>This is the same company that has to download ROMs of their own games from the internet to sell on their virtual console.
Please tell me this is true, have a source?

eurogamer.net/amp/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

tl;dr the ROM they're selling has an ines header.

It's real, I am at work or I'd provide source. Shouldn't be hard to deny it but basically, someone looked into the roms provides with the nes classic and traced the code back to like a 12 yo rom from ancient internet.

Google that shit. It's worth it. Of course nintendo is denying it.

Super Mario Bros. on the Wii Virtual Console has an iNES header.

Holy shit it's true

They really did it

Yea, and they supposedly fucking hate piracy.

>BDad has lit the filter end of his cigarette
BSD license confirmed for retarded trash.

protip:

don't light cigarettes in the house. The smoke can go into your computer vents and damage the electronics.

I know someone who smokes weed in his room while gaming and he has to clean his computer every 2 weeks.

DELET THIS

The game is actually really good. I was also afraid that it is just assassins creed with a Zelda label but it plays different enough

>AMD GPU
>Linux
Are you retarded?

there's open sores Wii U emulators and theyre all shit

it's on windows, he streamed it through steam

>Active volunteer devs making a forb wich is better than original

Name one scenario

LibreOffice?

Dolphin took nearly a decade to became actually usable, the first version came out in 2003.

>tfw CEMU's Super Mario 3D World runs better than Dolphin's Super Mario Galaxy here
So that's the power of open sores

wtf I hate open source now!

As long as it's BSD, MIT, and/or other licenses that don't require you to open source your code