What's the point of a quad core CPU in a laptop?

What's the point of a quad core CPU in a laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

relaxfocussucceed.com/Articles/2004050001.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To drain your battery

What is performance
What is energy saving

>Le twitch maymay
What's the point of your existence?

Because dual cores are going way of the dinosaur as mono-cores did a while ago?

Unless you just have a facebook machine, then dual-cores are all you need.

>also what are desktop replacements?
>what are high-performance user needs?

t. Intelcuck

There is none unless you're doing something more intensive than spreadsheets and emails on a laptop, which is dumb anyways. This guy here is an idiot because single core computers are still usable.

>Le
>maymay
Why does reddit have to shit up my board all the fucking time? What's the point of your existence?

Some people just want something portable enough that can work when plugged in. Its called a workstation, faggot. The W530 has the option for a fucking unlocked 55w i7.

My phone has 10 cores, my laptop should have at least fucking 4

By all means they are, they're just slow, sluggish as shit for anything not linux. Even then, the benefit of dual core is noteworthy. Plus, mono-core designs are generally on dated, old chips since they're all EOL as I think even the intel pentium lineup doesn't offer single-core chips anymore. So you're better off with a newer, dual core chip that has lower power usage than older mono-cores.

>I don't know the difference between ARM processor design vs x64 processor design

Would you be so kind as to get in your car, start the engine in a closed space and open your windows? Revving it would be preferable.

To be affordable for poorfags.

to give you a reason to kill yourself

>phone
>literally no use for multitasking
>10 cores
>x64 system
>literally built for multitasking
>2 cores

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED???

because ARM was smart enough to build different processors for performance and efficiency. but OEMs were dumb and decided to just cram a ton of efficiency cores in the phone.

Differences in software and hardware architecture, they're actually doing a lot of multi-tasking that you're clearly taking for granted.

Can you call someone and use another app?

Does a pop-up message appear when you get an sms while playing a game or watching jewtube?

>also what is 'split screen view'

Same reason why there is octa core phones

Less power consumption

You do know that you can multitask on one core, right?

You know you're a woman, right?

Whats the point in doing CAD work or 3d modelling on site?

The reason is Performance it always is a quad core is many times more efficient at processing multi-core applications that are CPU intensive.

Laptops aren't just about the portability and having a "Simple Computer" that allows you to go online and do a few things so you don't have to at home. Laptops these days take on the role of being a Full (slightly less powerful and efficient then a desktop) computer that can do basically the same thing ,with some sacrifices on the performance hand of things , then it's desktop counterparts.

Anyways if anyone has the balls to say "You should get a desktop for that" they have never actually worked with computers at their job or respective area otherwise they'd reconsider this judgement really fast.

>multitasking

There is no computer that can multitask in the entire world.

You should get a desktop for that

>computers 'multitask'
They don't, actually. They just work so fast that it seems like multi-tasking but in reality, it's not.

>"A computer with one processor can only do one thing at a time. Computers have the wonderful facility of being very fast and being able to change tasks very quickly. So, when it looks like you are word processing and browsing the internet and editing a picture all at the same time, the computer is not really multi-tasking.

Computers operate by time slicing. Time slicing consists of giving a few milliseconds to one task, then a few to the next, then a few to the next. Because computers can change tasks so quickly, they appear to be doing two things at once. But in reality there is no multi-tasking."

relaxfocussucceed.com/Articles/2004050001.htm

pretty handy if you run a DAW with a lot of plugins

>What's the point of a quad core CPU in a laptop?
In some cases it can mask the lag.

wtf is that WutFace? hahahaha nice meme xDD twitch memes are the best memes Cx

Is processing multiple tasks not multitasking now?

I'm a developer.

I run a lot simultaneous: dev environment, compilers, test environment, databases, scripts, browser, etc.

But if all you do is browse Facebook then you don't need one no.

Phones are build for running lots of "free" background apps that spy on you 24/7.

This. 2 cores is a joke when dealing with mixing audio or any post production seriously.

Also, if you're using "Live" live with lots of CPU-heavy plugins, you're doing it wrong. If you're not using it live, you should consider upgrading.

Why would it be wrong?

>frogposter
>my board

Even for linux they're shit unless you're one of those shit for brains Sup Forums idiots who thinks "I use linux" is an excuse for never doing any work, i.e., literally all of Sup Forums

>Dumb frogposter doesn't understand irony
Why am I not surprised?

Did you read his post?