Poll time, Sup Forums

How many of you have a college education?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12797538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shoo shoo jews

Currently pursuing a bachelor of science in CS. Entering my junior year next semester. So far I have interned with Amazon, working on their mobile app.

Is.. Is this real?

Very.

This is me as well. Currently in my final semester of sophomore year. Except I haven't had an internship yet :/

She couldn't even get the fucking equality operator right. I know Twitter has a character limit, but she put unnecessary spaces all over the place, so I'm inclined think that was a genuine mistake. Holy fuck.

I have a bioinformatics degree. I've never worked in bioinformatics.

I have masters in CS. I'm unemployed.

This woman is running for congress. Let that sink in.

> She couldn't even get the fucking equality operator right

It represents the lack of equality for gamergate victims, i.e. not cis white males

Fucking cis scum

In college rn. Cant get into CS because it's competitve as fuck and im a fucking tardo. Had a lot of thoughts of dropping out, ending it all, or just becoming a neet. I have no friends and i hate everyone around me. I go to a tier 1 university that i have no idea how i got in. Everyone is smarter than mr and i always feel lost. The only times i have fun is when i finaply get to leave class and head home.

This is a hard thing to guess.
1. Considering the fact that Sup Forums is 18+ you would think almost 95% have finished or working towards a degree
2. Then you got illiterate rednecks that are home "school"-ed so it's a dip. Also most of the dumb am**cans drop out eventually.
3. Luckily am**cans are not a vast majority in here and well educated citizens of of other nations post here

I'd assume ~75% here went to college

That was exactly my experience in college, I went to a top 5 CS school. I dropped out and became a NEET for a while. Then went to a smaller engineering college and loved it, and finally graduated.

Class of 2013, bscs

Didn't learn a damn thing, but got a cushy job on skills I taught myself and a fancy piece of paper saying that I know what I'm doing.

>implying anyone on Sup Forums is old enough to have finished college

>she
>woman

I have a CS degree I cheated my way through
Didn't learn jackshit

I studied CS for 3 years but skipped some courses and didn't finish the degree project to get my BS because it was such a soul sucking piece of shit education. Now I have a job and have 5 times more money to spend each month instead of increasing my debt. There were only 3 interesting courses in those 3 years and one of them was a Japanese evening course I added.

During the intro days in the first year there were a couple of ""alumni"" who came to have motivational talks about how you shouldn't drop out except 3 out of 4 were actually people who dropped out without getting any degree either. No idea what motivated them to come there and spew that bullshit.

give me two years

>her

I'm two years into a computer and network engineering degree. Currently working on a team building a CubeSat.

I went to a for-profit trade school that tried to teach me 3D modelling and game creation. It was closed down when the govt got tough on funding last year, so I don't even count it as college.

So I have no college, just an associates degree I can put on job applications. After 9 years of blue collar work I'm 4 years into my self-taught programming (god even I'm getting sick of hearing that cliche shit, and I live it) career. I'm not really that good, but I like it and have the patience to plow through what most other people think is boring and can hold my own.

>I am a SOFTWARE ENGINEER

I think you forgot your fedora.

My bad. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I never really got that much into the whole gamergate thing, mainly because I was old enough to not give a shit about video game "culture" when it happened.

Just be glad that we were here to set you straight. Carry on citizen.

You're supposed to go to a college where you are equal to, or greater than the majority of peers. You'll do better than at a college where everyone seems to be smarter than you.

>tfw you happen to live near a mormon university

Job without a degree? What code do you have on your github user? Do tell me if you are a web dev....

>cis scum
Shoo tranny

>People that goes for a degree in CS

Do you have a link to that poll or are you going to manually count?

Masters in CS. Had a job for a decade now. Highest paid drone; job is easy but uninteresting.

ID say its much closer to 25%. Few people successfully complete a college degree. I don't know nor have I ever known someone with a degree, but i am an American so that supports what you said

I completed college last year.

You don't anyone with a degree? Where do you live? Almost every family in my home town had two parents with college degrees, and I'd say >95% of kids went to college. Are you in the south or something?

I got a job at a startup in the Silicon Valley after finishing my degree.

What exactly was this gamergate thing? Sorry, also uninformed even though I'm pretty young and in uni

>Computer systems
>Business Information
>IT systems development
>CS
>IT Systems Administrator
>Cybersecurity technologies
What a terrible choice of fields

Basically, a woman named Zoe Quinn made a game (it was actually a mildly interactive story made with some crappy software called Twine) and then slept with a journalist so he would give a good review. When word of this got out, people were reasonably upset and were raising questions about ethics.

Then, within a day of each other, a bunch of gaming news outlets, in what could only have been some kind of shady conspiracy, all put out articles declaring that "gamers are dead" or something to that effect. This was in response to some people who had tweet-harassed Zoe Quinn because of the scandal. The purpose of these articles was presumably to dodge the question about ethics, and instead make it about feminism. Now, public opinion has been so corrupted by this "muh wymynz" narrative that most people never bothered to read past the carefully constructed "gamergate is misogynistic" headlines, and that's all they know about it. Even the fucking Wikipedia article reads like an opinion piece, making sure we know just how helpless these poor women were. Even though the same thing could have theoretically happened with a male developer, pulling the woman card is a convenient way to make people to afraid to disagree with your affront to logic.

But I don't really care. I don't play video games.

>BEng Computer Systems & MSc Software Engineering
Feels meh, but had a great time doing the MSc

>Highest paid drone; job is easy but uninteresting.
Details?

I have a PhD

Why is it that nobody cares about the obviously bought out reviews of AAA games?

>During the intro days in the first year there were a couple of ""alumni"" who came to have motivational talks about how you shouldn't drop out except 3 out of 4 were actually people who dropped out without getting any degree either. No idea what motivated them to come there and spew that bullshit.
Probably needed the money.

Because harassing Kotaku is useless

No degree because I was a poor white male when I was younger. I am self-taught. Last year I made ~$200k.

BA in ling here. Learning web dev atm though

Quit flexing your patriarchy. Privilege!

In >her defense, anyone that bad a programming must truly be a woman at heart.

I barely got my GED lmao.

>ling

cuck tier desu senpai

Trust me, I'm a ling PhD, I know.

strawpoll since OP is a fag

strawpoll.me/12797538

i got the degree but never went to class so don"t have job

Before or after taxes?

Getting my MS in Info Sys this summer.

Never finished, got into animating and did work on my own. Got job offers from actual studios so it turned out fine.

Last year of college then some elite scheme at uni.

I got a two year diploma in Systems and Networking Administration from an institute of technology, then afterwards I was a sysadmin for a while. When I could actually afford a degree I went back to school to get a B.Sc Hons in Computer Science.

I do, but not in Sup Forums shit, unless you count computational theoretical tectonophysics, which involved a lot of pseudo Fortran 77 bullshit.

I have an associates degree in business administration, and I will have a bachelors in IS by the end of this year (or technically Spring 18 if I decide to intern during the Spring 18 semester).

Graduated with a BS of CS last June
Currently enjoying being a neet

currently a freshman CPE major, only CPE class i have had so far is a introductory programing course in C++

BS in Biochemistry

Sophomore year technically

Oh god

pursuing a doctorate in genetics and molecular biology

BoE (Hons) Computer Network Engineering.

Acquired at second world, but yes.

If you're still around, can you expand on this? Just curious. You got into animating? Did you draw for a long time before that? What kind of work did you do on your own? How'd you get offers without a degree? I don't draw or animate or have an interest in it, I'm just curious.

Yes. BA in IS.

Got me a comfy state job where all my duties are scripted. I work ~1 hr a day.