How do you fämälämäzoids brew your coffee?

How do you fämälämäzoids brew your coffee?

Is grinding your own beans worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA
youtube.com/watch?v=icjkLDaPH6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw broke my manual coffee grinder yesterday while reassembling it after cleaning
The moral: don't clean your coffee grinders.

Yes it's worth it
I got a manual and an electrical grinder

Both are awesome

>cleaning a coffee grinder
why? You don't have to unless you got mold in it

>tfw coffe beans are expensiver than the same coffe as powder
self grinding is a jewish ruse

They ban me instantly

I don't drink caffeinated Jewish trickery.

>Jewish
Coffee is Austrian and Turkish art
But it doesn't matter since you're uncivilized

Yes, if you want a hell-strong coffee. I make espresso boiling water over coffee in espresso maker. Add some milk and sugar and leave it to cool off. The cofee is very strong but sure tastes good.

>Austrian and Turkish
As Austrian I highly disagree. Most plebs even spoil it with milk an sugar.

Turk here. Most of our people fuck it with sugar too.

I still think we're the best chance this world has to do it right. Just purge the heretics.

Turkish coffee only usually buy the cheap mixed powder stuff.
Sometimes on occasion the real quality Swiss beans and grind them in my local convince store,they have machine for it.

How much did that finger box run you?

$/oz?

Sa kardeş

Naber usta

>not drinking with patrician Kruševo lokum
what a pleb

Caffeine is degenerate

It was passed on to me by my great grandfather who is never talked about.

I should ask my one remaining grandma on what he did. He had a cabin in the woods.

Looks like a giant rectum

*tips

hehe xXDDDDD

>Kruševo

Balkanlar siktir git

>making a coffee grinder out of an antique fingerbox

I hope whoever gifted you it is dead and buried

Suc my dick turkroach :^)

Fresh grinding is the best. I use Gaggia MDF grinder.

I used to dring espresso out of my Gaggia Baby Twin but I recently realised that it gives me the shits too soon after sip so I switched to aeropresso + temp-controlled kettle.

>Implying we could such his Balkan micro dick even if we tried
Feels good to be a Turk

I guess the style of coffee in Austria origins from Italia.

Protip: Never go to Scandinavia. They only drink pleb-tier filter coffee

Ne mutlu

Aeropress & manual coffee grinder. I used to use a french press, nothing wrong with those either.

Different beans need to be ground finer or rougher, brewed for different lengths of time, and require different grind-to-water ratios.

I'm not a coffee snob but I find experimenting to be enjoyable, and it is tastier.

How is that brain aneurysm treating you

espresso machine, pre-ground. can't tolerate filter anymore.

I would grind myself but blade grinders are pretty shit and burr grinders are very expensive.

Next door neighbor Finland knows their coffee though

youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

Türküm diyene
>being this butthurt
Don't let it get to you

God damn I actually wanted to include this video to my previous post.
Thank you based Marko. Thank you based FINLAN

Manual burr grinders aren't that pricy. There are a million companies selling the same basic model for under $30.

If you like grinding your own coffee, sure.
I just put 2 tablespoons of kenco into a sports direct mug, fill with boiling water and top up with a little cold. Suits me just fine.

Bravo, bir tane daha yapalim

>Şampiyon Cimbombomun, ne istersen iste benden

SUOMI PERKELE

I will look into it next paycheck then

My setup is so non-electric hat it is hardly very Sup Forums, heck I even often use an old-fashioned fire-based oven to heat it (during winter, since the oven helps keep the house warm)

manual coffee grinder + bialetti moka pot or whatever the correct expression is in english. I've two, the 3 cup one and the 6 cup one

my usual way of actually drinking it
-either like "espresso shots"
-or with some added hot water to get an "americano" (most common) (sometimes I add a little bit of fernet branca for a nice alcoholic coffee beverage)
-or sometimes I make ghetto "latte"s (I use a french press like this to generate foam: youtube.com/watch?v=icjkLDaPH6Q )

good thing about my way: good coffee, cheap equipment, the bialetti pots are really fucking good-looking, some of the few chicken appliances I don't want to hide from sight

bad thing: kinda needs a lot of effort to generate a small amount of drink but I don't mind, I usually drink more tea and maybe a serving of coffee a day. sometimes I buy ground coffee if I'm not feeling like grindin' and there's some fresh quality ground coffee in the shop

I didn't know we have a board for that

İstersen donatalım dört bir yanı bayraklarla

I'm Finnish and drink almost exclusively moka pot or french press coffee at home

coffee elitism is getting kinda popular here, but yeah the average person just drinks shit tier filter stuff. always a bitter light roast

Eyyyyyy yaşa sen

TITS OR GTFO
Also

Moccamaster and Juhlamokka or go blow your own penis

I don't really mind filter coffee, but I absolutely despise Juhlamokka. Its just such a bitter thing.

I trust the Swedes more on this, this is some decent stuff available in most markets, doesn't even cost much more than juhlis

>EXTRA MORK
So that's what my coffee has been missing all along
Needz moar mork

It probably means dark or strong like Mörkö, the scariest character in fenno-swedish literature.

>The scariest character in Fenno-Swedish literature is a darkie
I knew PewDiePie was a fucking Nazi.

most coffee also needs more gork

all coffee needs more dakka though, that's for sure

>My setup is so non-electric hat it is hardly very Sup Forums, heck I even often use an old-fashioned fire-based oven to heat it (during winter, since the oven helps keep the house warm)
>manual coffee grinder + bialetti moka pot or whatever the correct expression is in english. I've two, the 3 cup one and the 6 cup one
>my usual way of actually drinking it
>-either like "espresso shots"
>-or with some added hot water to get an "americano" (most common) (sometimes I add a little bit of fernet branca for a nice alcoholic coffee beverage)
>-or sometimes I make ghetto "latte"s (I use a french press like this to generate foam: youtube.com/watch?v=icjkLDaPH6Q )
>good thing about my way: good coffee, cheap equipment, the bialetti pots are really fucking good-looking, some of the few chicken appliances I don't want to hide from sight
>bad thing: kinda needs a lot of effort to generate a small amount of drink but I don't mind, I usually drink more tea and maybe a serving of coffee a day. sometimes I buy ground coffee if I'm not feeling like grindin' and there's some fresh quality ground coffee in the shop

Same equipment and same methods bro. I like you

Imagine this thing staring at you as a jumpscare

>this is technology
>vaporizers are not

Used a moka pot for years, the results are good but take too much fucking work and time. Now I just electric kettle with a french press.

>vaporizer threads, if allowed, would be constant
>these aren't

i always brew my coffee directly into a big cup full of ice, with no cream or sugar. that way i can drink it really fast

like the watch thread?

watch thread is obviously technology, though

but really, isn't it obvious that it is just discrimination against vapes because vapers suck. watch people are cool and the occasional coffee machine thread doesn't hurt anyone

daily reminder that (most) tea and all coffee contain what even the fda considers dangerous levels of fluoride

out of a keurig.

I actually work for a coffee company, and grind about 80,000 lbs of coffee every time I work.
So in a sense I grind my own beans, but long before they get packaged into kcups and delivered to my door.

still tastes pretty damn fresh out of a kcup. its not the worlds best cup of coffee but some of the kcups i would say are in the top 10 percentile of good tasting cups of coffee.
critics might say its underextracted and they're probably right, but It tastes right to me.

I can say after working at a coffee company for 5+ years and getting elbow deep in fresh grounds on a daily basis, I'm still not sick of drinking coffee.

As the op, I just wanted to post my genelecs and maybe get some coffee discussion and my waifu Bridget Regan

I just bought a french press. Is it true that coffee goes stale a week after roasting?

nah...

stale is objective
the coffee loses a lot of gasses within the first 48 hours after roasting. grinding also releases a lot of gasses. If you consider coffee that has completely degassed to be stale, then yeah that shit is stale

most people don't consider degassed coffee to be stale, but it definitely loses something.

I roast my own beans and then grind them and make espresso. I think it's worth it, better than almost every coffee shop I've visited.

Right out of the bag the taste is comparable but ground begins to lose it's flavor before I can use all of it.

this is related to technology because this is Java™

hang yourself iFaggot

What the who now

>your other thread got deleted

I didn't know Sup Forums even had moderation. You suck m8

What other thread

You iFaggot

The one "about" VR that got deleted iFaggot

Day-job barista here, grinding your own coffee is great if you want to get some extra liveliness out of your cup. If you want the quick-and-dirty on the cheap, just get some nice pre-ground stuffs. I'll always advocate for something a little nicer.

Turks got it from Africa, Ethiopia in particular if my memory serves me. Then Turkey, then Italy, then the rest of Europe, etc.

Moka pots are great, although I've never had luck myself. Strong stuff, but no need to get anything really high quality, since it's an imprecise brew method imo.

French presses are so easy and do a decent cup consistently.
I'd say peak flavors are gone within a week or two, but I will brew coffee for a good month after if it's whole beans stored properly.

Red eyed VR Kahlan is a common meme

I really like coffee out of the Bialetti Moka can. It turns out best hand ground from a brand that is being roasted in my town.
Damn now I sound like a MacBook(TM) owner.

sent from my ThinkPad(TM)

Espresso with my expensive Italian coffee machine

Pourover > everything else

I use an electric burr grinder

Just buy some redbull you fucking tryhard.

>grind them in my local convince store,
Dude, don't. You don't know what people throw in those. I found ground up band-aids in my coffee once, and I once saw little bastards throwing napkins or tissues in the hopper at another store.

I have a hand grinder for the occasional moka pot but I use a french press with ground coffee daily.

overpriced, too much sugar, tastes awful.

Cost isnt the only consideration dawg... The idea is that preground has more surface area to be oxidized, degrading the taste. So while agree that it should be less, not more, than preground, you can at least see a tangible benefit.

Well women aren't too smart so its not a suprise

I don't drink coffee, never have. I only drink Mountain Dew, Water, and Milk

on the stovetop in a moka. i haven't bothered to get an espresso machine for home yet.

grinding your own beans is probably worth it if you have a nice grinder, can get some good beans, have good storage for the beans and can drink what you've bought in a week or two.

I bought a a $10 walmart blade grinder, I'm happy with it.
What I don't understand is why manual burr grinders are so damn expensive, when it's a literal quality of life downgrade. The bare limit is $60 if you want one that isn't full of plastic parts that rattle and deposit literal metal shrapnel into your coffee as the burr grinder mechanism literally grinds itself to bits.

My regular mug is 16 fl. oz, I'd need 20g of coffee and it would take probably 10 minutes of hard grinding every fucking day, why do people even bother?

If you see that then report them to whatever food safety administration agency your country has, that shit doesn't fly.

>At home:
Burr Grinder: Ascaso i-Mini
Espresso: Breville 800ES

>At work:
Burr Grinder: Porlex Mini
Aeropress

Grinding your own beans is 100% worth it. you don't even know man...

french press with a cheap burr grinder

and a rancilio silvia (with the rocky grinder) for espresso

used both daily for years

>hand grinding
You've went full retard

I can't have a benchtop grinder at work, what should I do?

WTF IS UP FÄMÄLAMĄ̈ZOIDS?!?!

>and can drink what you've bought in a week or two.
whole beans won't go stale as quickly as pre-ground shit so they'll still taste fine if you take longer to finish them

>10 minutes of hard grinding every fucking day, why do people even bother?
some people enjoy it, sitting around talking or doing whatever while they grind their beans

there's nothing hard about it, just takes time

>10 minutes of hard grinding every fucking day
It's more like 1min per cup with a good grinder, and I do it when I need a break from my work.

this is such a funny meme 'cause I'd be really fucking happy about descending from the mongols, they were AWESOME

about as awesome as the vikings that come scandinavians get to claim

Maybe because there is a coffee thread already? Try posting in there

no there isn't

the question of the beans is really this:
are you willing to either grind by hand or spend some actual money on a proper electric grinder?

good hand models can be cheap, but it is really quite bothersome if you don't like to get that involved. I grind by hand but I do it only because I like that kind of manual activity

but good electric grinders, won't you have to drop more than, like, 100 moneys on one no matter what. at that point you really need to look at your whole setup, what level of coffee you're willing to buy, etc. grinding makes a difference but the difference is smaller than what you get from the rest of the process + the choice of coffee itself. you should definitely experiment a little before going grindin', try out a moka pot, try out a french press, why not aeropress, etc...

Don't lie.
You could replace the hand crank with a power drill and it would still take at least a minute of non-stop grinding to grind 4 cups worth.

Grind consistency is such an overblown meme, the easiest way to make non-shit coffee is to brew below boiling temperature.