Would you feel safe driving a Linux car?

Would you feel safe driving a Linux car?

>Linux
>not running a RTOS (e.g. QNX) with Ada for maximum safety

>not installing Gentoo on your car

In contrast to getting a message like "Something happened" after a crash occured, definitely yes.

I would feel safe when all the idiots who can't tear their eyes from their phone screens are driving Linux cars

GNU plus Linux? Or what

GNU+Car

Yeah until my car needs to update and when I start up my car, I see TTY1

so they have to release source code

I'd really rather only drive entirely mechanical cars so that at least if the CIA decides to murder me they have to take the effort to tamper with mechanical devices instead of pushing an update to my phone.

>using a car os

closed source code is proven to be more secure than open source code.

'nuff said

I can't wait to edit /etc/conf.d while driving

>Driving on the highway 60+ miles
>Kernal panic
>40+ people injured 23 guaranteed deaths

When systemd crashes, we all die, solid plan

Source?

>start up car
>have to compile kernel before I can get to work

>>Driving on the highway 60+ miles
>>Kernal panic
>>redundant dumb systems kicks in, lights flashes in cockpit, and your car slowly brings in to crawl

FTFY

Even the most shitty selfdriving car is preferable to the madness of letting braindead retards behind the wheel. Over million people die on the road every year and yet people worry about memes like terrorism.

Because the CIA can't just hire some drunk retard to bash your head in and kill him in attempt to protect you, right?

At least they have to do something, it's the principle. Instead of pushing a button they have to slip some drunk LSD and tell him I'm the devil.

I've driven a BMW, so yes.

They also have to ensure the system is running right and that it's the right button for the right guy. Also obviously hide the function from the public.

It's simpler to get some idiot to do it.

Closed.

no source because its complete BULLSHIT.
closed source systems tends to keep critical bugs hidden, and keep decency to out them once discovered leaves to corporate overload who love ourselfs.

Do you think im sperging out? This happened.

Sep 26, 2007 – US: 55,000 Toyota Camry and ES 350 cars in "all-weather" floor mat recall.[
>hehe its a simple floor mat problem guise
Nov 02, 2009 – US: 3.8 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles again recalled due to floor mat problem, this time for all driver's side mats.[5]
>They sure use this floormats every where.
Nov 26, 2009 – US: floor mat recall amended to include brake override[4] and increased to 4.2 million vehicles.
>oh those floor mats can override brakes now too? good for them
Jan 21, 2010 – US: 2.3 million Toyota vehicles recalled due to faulty accelerator pedals[6] (of those, 2.1 million already involved in floor mat recall).
Jan 27, 2010 – US: 1.1 million Toyotas added to amended floor mat recall.[34]
>They just went through it, it appears to be nothing substantial sadly. Just a floor mat that overrides brakes and spergs gas pedal out.
Jan 29, 2010 – Europe, China: 1.8 million Toyotas added to faulty accelerator pedal recall.
>They are only now stop calling it a floor mat problem.
Feb 08, 2010 – Worldwide: 436,000 hybrid vehicles in brake recall following 200 reports of Prius brake glitches.
>.
>glitch
>On March 4, his repaired Camry took off from a standing stop on the freeway and accelerated to 50 mph (80 kph) before Moscicki managed to stop it by shifting into neutral, hitting the brake with his left foot and pulling back the gas pedal with his right.

I guess you guys wanna know what happened?
Floor mat issue was real, but just for a really fucking small amount of cars that received mats from originated from skewed mold. And you would be absolutely retarded to let your gas pedal attach to that. What happeneden was a software glitch that they tried solve by making a new rom and instructing dealerships to flash it as they recalled """floor mats""". BUT BY A COUPLE UNSOLICITED FUCKING PHONECALLS, NOT EVEN AN EMAIL to not leave a paper trail. Well no dealer ship bothered to flash your car with a new rom, NO ONE does that.
t. worked at a toyota dealership

The I couldn't successfully install Arch starter pack.

safer than driving a windows car.

/thread

sudo pacman -S wheels

>Install linux in car
>Radio can't play any sound
>Wheels are now square

WOW

Would you feel save in a Windows 10-based self driving car?

Tesla cars run on Linux.

My car runs on TempleOS so that Jesus can take the wheel.