Is javascript going to be the future programming language for everything...

Is javascript going to be the future programming language for everything? It's already causing so many normies to invade this field.

Other urls found in this thread:

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No it isn't the future of programming.
It could become the future of "apps" though.

>this field
which one? Dude you're dumb lmao.

Software engineering.

Daily reminder that Nodejs uses 53bit integers with hard truncation.

Fuck I hope not. There are already way too many fucking startups where the decision to use javascript for everything was decided by some fucking moron who won't even be doing any programming and doesn't even know why he chose javascript.

normies can't even understand redux

Nah, for that you have specific technologies. What is the point of making new framework which later can be interpreted, but there is no guarantee that it will be optimal. Although in some fields (mostly web services) it will shine.

I would kill myself

Hell no. Far too strange to be the standard. It could become the English of programming as it's the scripting language of browsers and is also simple, loosely typed, and flexible.

no

I really don't understand the language war meme, there are essentially only 2 programming languages.

Every "programming language" ever has just been permutation of those 2 with syntax sugar on top.

Yeah fortran and cobol.

no newphage for you see because of webassembly javascript is completely fucking useless and a waste of time when you could just program a website in goddamn python or c# or whatever the fuck your boss tells you because guess what in the real world you just do what you are told.

No. Its a web thing. And it sucks for compatibility (specially if you want your page to run in mobile browsers).
That's why the regular React uses typescript.

It's hitting its peak.
Once wasm matures Javascript will start receding again.

Javascript is basically lisp with near-native performance. The fact that it butthurts blub programmers so much is just the icing on the cake.

It really is obnoxious that you can never tell if ignorance of js hipster is trolling or that they are being serious,

No. Not for applications you can take seriously.

I use scala.js
I mean I still feel like I'm touching shit, but at least I get to wear a glove. I'd recommend scala.js if you're tired of being a javashitter

>Is javascript going to be the future programming language for everything?
Right after 0.1+0.2 will become equal 0.3.

what language should you learn after javascript

>I don't understand how floats work

Why do people call nodejs memejs? I'm going to graduate next semester. Why should I avoid javascript?

jquery

I use Ionic and angularJS to develop apps for my company/clients. It helps you get the tasks done really fast, but I hope to God every day that javascript dies.

The language has its flaws, but because its so easy to learn it makes programming easy. By doing that it lets complete imbeciles make something that just werks. No design patterns, no logic, no code reusability taken into consideration. Nothing.

And pure JS or jquery. Thats just hell to read and maintain.

don't avoid, it's easy money now

but don't fall into the web moron trap of trying to use it for everything, make a living with it but keep yourself sane with some C or Rust on the side

Nobody needs more than 53bits. Why would you need your high level language to be able to use the entirety of your cpu's registers.

kek I could live with 53 bits if they were at least integer and not fucking float

>feed one number to JS
>get a different one back
>this is fine.jpg

>hard truncation.
what does this even mean

destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript