How do you save chat logs in Discord channels?

How do you save chat logs in Discord channels?

There should be a script for this type of shit. Even Mumble, Skype and TS3 lets you do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/megumisonoda/panopticon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The server saves it for you
Forever

why?
If chat history is important, discord isnt the place to chat, dumbass.

not an argument

What is an argument, and why is that not one?

You must be 18 to post on Sup Forums

>he doesn't run a secondary client to log everything

How?

does your mum still feed you with an airplane spoon?

Now, why would you want to do that.

Make a bot to scrape the channel dumbass

There is a discord API, you could write a quick script to do it for you, a quick search on github brought up bots that could possibly do it for you as well.

Hey dumb ass who gets to decide where their own chat history is important? If OP wants to save his history then he can.

OP is asking how to save chat logs, the reason is not relevant.

> this board has gone to shit because of fucks like you lmao

But it is relevant because oftentimes idiots like OP ask how to do a specific task to complete a larger task, but they way that they're approaching the larger task is fundamentally flawed. Asking about the overall reason is the quickest way to actually help someone.

Also, the board has gone to shit because of idiots like you not even understanding what greentexting is.

But I don't want to use a bot because it'll be super obvious and it's not my channel.

No. I want to know why.
I don't want him using it if he's going to harm someone

Harm who? It's a public channel for a guild

>Discord

github.com/megumisonoda/panopticon

>why
>because I want to scrape the logs of this public server for a guild in a game
See, was that so hard?
Is Discord even a gaming thing? It seems like just a simplified Slack.

I hate Python, is there no other way? Also is this for user accounts or bots? I thought you need a special API permission for this?

It acts as a user bot. It's transparent and invisible. You do need to supply your own access token, though, and it needs to be manually refreshed using the dev console.

Would it be able to log everything? It's a server that's been up for almost 1 year with an active community.

It doesn't log retroactively. Code your own shit for that.

Like I said Discord has an API where you can request to pull messages from the server/channel, read into that documentation, making a bot is not needed.

It can be any language, they are just API requests that return data in JSON format. You do not need "special permission" as long as your in the server and your account has permission to read the text in the first place.

Even if he were to harm someone not discussing it wouldn't stop it. Discussing it would spread light on an issue. Owners of the discord channel gets to set roles on who gets to access what.

Please tell me whats the Sup Forums approved communication client that can support has an API supports voice/text/embedded links and many customizable features that discord brings to the table.

Stop following the herd with the other dip shits on this board who just shill tech instead of actually discussing it.

>I hate Python, is there no other way?
For fucks sake, do you want a god damn windows program with a GUI or something?

>Please tell me whats the Sup Forums approved communication client that can support has an API supports voice/text/embedded links and many customizable features that discord brings to the table.
Slack. It's literally just an objectively superior Discord that came first.

OP seems p lazy desu

Thanks user had no idea Slack actually supported voice.

Apparently you can get addons to share screens which is actually pretty neat

>I hate Python
Short hand for "I'm too fucking retarded to even use Python" which is pretty damn impressive to pull off considering how piss easy it is. I found a basic dump script that I had and the main part is barely even 10 lines.

Stop being a faggot OP and start trying for once.

this

/thread

>Even Mumble, Skype and TS3 lets you do it.
Because it's spyware crap dude