it's running windows
Install Gentoo

the retard sitting in front of it

The GPU died

Stuff... better get that fixed.

VRAM is ded

The last time I've seen this it was on my 6950

give it back pajeet ghale

Your PC is too dry. It needs to be hydrated. Come on man, what's wrong with you?

not op but question: why do they put gpu and vram in computer and not in monitor?

why do comporter need process an graphic if no mornitor?

I'm resetting it now what else so I new to do to fix t???

psu is ded

GPU is fugg

>why do comporter need process an graphic if no mornitor?

psu or VRAM or gpu which one is it boys..?

Your VRAM or at least the framebuffer part of your VRAM is fucked.

There's a slim chance this could be caused by a corrupt driver but seeing as the error is already visible before you even log in (i.e. before the driver is fully loaded) it's most likely a hardware error.
Reinstalling drivers and/or Windows might fix the issue if it's driver related. It won't hurt to try it, but I wouldn't expect much.

RMA your card or get a new one if this doesn't help.

You can turn that off now

Because GPU must be linked with CPU, and there's a fast bus between them.

This.

Happened to my 1080Ti 2 weeks after I got it. waiting for the RMA replacement card ever since.

It's fucked

>what is wrong with my computer

I had this a couple of times, but then I rebooted and it went back to normal. My 7970 is 6 yo. How fucked am I? What are the chances one day reboot won't help?

100%. Nothing lasts forever

Instability.

The VRAM most likely. Could also be the GPU itself

That card is likely nearing the end of its life but it might last for however long you need it to at least. It could also fail tomorrow. No one really knows

PEBKAC.

>My 7970 is 6 yo
no it's not

So I need to buy a new VRAM and that will fix it?

Also it's completely fucked now, how do I know what VRAM to get?

You can't buy VRAM chips in retail. You might be able to salvage it from another dead card from ebay (granted this one has an issue other than VRAM) - but no offence - I think you lack the soldering skills to actually apply it. VRAM is not like regular RAM which you just stick in. It is very much soldered to the PCB of your video card.

What do I need to do to fix then?

You RMA it or buy a new one.

oh shit i have a 7970 and this happened to me last month. reseated it and reset bios and it worked again, but my pc boots with no display sometimes. sometimes it freezes during normal usage and display output gets cut off too.

Cant believe you gave an honest answer man

Motherfucker make me doubt myself with this question. Stupidity is fucking contagious

Did you try turning it off and back on again?

nvidia drivers strike again

>$800 Nvidia quality control
LMFAO

Buy a new what?

>Buy a new what?
Brain because you're either retarded or trolling

You can try to reflow it. Probably you'll get it working again for another few months.

I'm not tech savvy man. What should I buy?

I don't know what that means ;s

so i need to buy a new graphics card and that will fix it?

GPU is fucked. RMA or buy a new one.

Faulty biological interface unit. Please get it checked

Can you explain to me what RMA means please

Bake it. Literally. It will join the broken solders. It might work or it might kill your card, but I don't think you have anything to lose.

Richard Matthew Allman.
Educate yourself next time, jesus.

RMA is "return merchandise authorization".
You need to contact who you bought it from, or the manufacturer of the product if you need to send it to a differenct place, and they will give you a number and you send that back with the returned product. The person you contact for the RMA will give you the details of what you need to do.

ded gpu

how the fuck?
did you try to oc it?

Simply put, it's running Windows. Install Gentoo.

bake your gpu in the oven and it will be fine for a while.

Dont need tech skills to solve this mystery bro

- your vram on your gpu is broke
- you probably don't know how to replace it

You tell me what you should buy

You need a new GPU, or if you're on integrated graphics, either the chip is fucked or your RAM is bad (more likely of the two)

Don't do this unless you want to contaminate your oven and any food you put in there from then onward. Just throw the card away or return it for a refund.

same shit happend to me with my 1080s shit got glitchy and fucked with with stripes both cards got fucked

Let me guess, Nvidia gpu?

ive baked my gtx 980 ti it started to work again guess it was some loose solder points i did this in a oven i dont use