Is it socially acceptable to support trump in america?

Is it socially acceptable to support trump in america?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XvyRIgPImOY
fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-supporters-probably-arent-lying-to-pollsters/
newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/01/04/europeans-should-be-allowed-vote-u-s-elections
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When a country is divided over a single man you can't really ask if it's socially acceptable to support him, that would imply only a political faction can determine what's acceptable, which is very German I give you that.

I don't see why not. He's pretty popular(the republican nominee) is he not?

If he's doing so well in polls, someone MUST like him.

Not if you live in a large urban center or any other state/county with a large young/liberal population. Then you will be constantly berated for being a "racist bigot."

Bible belt? Yeah. Williamsburg? Probably not.

You might as well admit you're currently reading Mein Kampf

>socially acceptable
Not really. He has a -22.6 favorability spread even after becoming the presumptive nominee. Republicans will rally to him out of partisan loyalty, but a healthy majority of Americans strongly dislike him and look down on his supporters as either stupid or maleficent.

D R U M P F

Keep in mind that the media is still jizzing over its ratings and hasn't even begun to challenge him on his idiotic statements and totally zany policy positions.

I'm pretty sure they'd be better off denying the holocaust.

desu I see him ripping Hilary to shreds in any sort of debate, so there could be a decent chance of him winning

I can't wait for him to lose so in a year or two 90% of his fanatics will claim they "never expected him to win" and that they're not actually racist because they never seriously supported him.

Ivanka2024

His very loud and media savvy supporters idolize him like some kind of god (of memes), but the reality is that most people don't like him or them. He's basically the /r/Sup Forums candidate.

it shouldnt be

keep in mind, he bailed out on having a debate with Bernie

When it's down to him and Clinton, the media no longer needs to prop him up for their own self interest in ratings, and will not be as easy on him as they have been. Also, he's going to look like a buffoon next to Hillary and will just help people visualize her as being presidential by comparison. He's basically the only way the Republicans will lose against the Democrats' least popular candidate in decades, which is pretty amazing

or being a troll.
or being retarded.
which, if you do support trump, you are one of

Oh, and he'll also cause the Republicans to suffer losses in Congress and on the state and local level, basically reversing a six years of unprecedented gains. The Republicans will be sorting this one out for a while and I imagine that a year from now many of the pro Trump quislings will be personae non gratae in the party

Why are his rallies so jam packed then? Paid actors?

CHI

>Also, he's going to look like a buffoon next to Hillary and will just help people visualize her as being presidential by comparison
holy shit, you are literally the increasingly nervous man.

He's an extremely famous celebrity and television star carrying out one of the world's greatest trolls-- do you really think he wouldn't be able to draw crowds?

His campaign does have a tendency to lie about and exaggerate the numbers, even so

>the increasingly nervous man
I'm not really familiar with Sup Forums political memes, I get most of my information about politics by reading long-form articles in newspapers, magazines, and online. I bet this is a funny meme, though.

Generally no. The PC police are out looking for dissidents right now. Luckily the ballot is anonymous.

I support him because of his anti-Iraq war stance mostly. Presidents have the most power over diplomacy and foreign policy, not economics or social policy (Courts and Legislators decide those). The Republican party is basically full of warmongers and even Hillary and Obama dabble heavily in that (Syria, Libya, Yemen)

So not all of his supporters are "racist". Some of us just prioritize foreign policy and war policy over everything since that's the biggest effect of the presidency

Nope, that would be racist

you're the meme; you people have kept insisting "surely Trump will never be able to win", "once X, it will be over for Trump!" but you've been consistantly wrong every step of the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=XvyRIgPImOY

>Luckily the ballot is anonymous
Good meme, but the evidence contradicts the notion of "secret" Trump voters who are afraid to declare their support

fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-supporters-probably-arent-lying-to-pollsters/

Now that he's the nominee, it's more likely that there are Republicans who just won't bother voting, despite saying that they "support the nominee." So, the opposite of what you're suggesting is probably true.

>you people
My autistic friend, I don't know what you're talking about.

I never had any doubts that Trump could get the nomination. Winning the election is a totally different matter

No, it really isn't. Trump will win, and I wish I could be there to see you eat your words when it happens.

Are you a US expat? Why are you so pro-Trump? He's not pro-Norway or anything

Trump's support is only growing stronger.

It's the truth. Clinton and Trump have the largest disapproval ratings since records started being kept in the 80s.

>He's not pro-Norway or anything
I don't know what this means. Clinton wouldn't be better for Norway than Trump, nor would Sanders.

Of course it is, he won the nomination and now the Republicans who hated/loathed/feared him are offering their tepid words of support out of party loyalty-- with the notable exception of a few prominent party leaders

But that's not enough to win. Even if he had 100% of all Republicans behind him, he'd have an uphill battle. The truth is that he probably does not have a large enough coalition to win

Actually, Trump would be worse for Norway, since he thinks that flooding the global markets with huge excesses in US energy production is somehow a desirable thing

Trump has made me feel patriotic for the first time in my life. Regardless of all the stupid shit he's said the overall message is still great for America and its citizens. When my choice is Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton you'd have to a fucking moron to vote for Clinton. Getting told you're racist for not wanting illegal immigrants gets tiring really fast. Shit I thought was common sense like putting your country and its citizens first is apparently something that the left and progressives don't seem to value and this is coming from someone that used to identify as a liberal. Also gun rights

there's no point, he doesn't want to alienate Bernie voters

CANO

what

>beating Hillary on some polls already
>handily won the Republican primaries
>nobody likes him
are you this retarded?

Trump is the best thing to happen to this country in decades. He's literally quashed the group think that liberals have been cultivating since the 90s.

>americans think their shitty presidents move our lives in any way

>538
dumb faggot, Nate Silver has been consistently wrong this entire election cycle, he has no clue what he's talking about

Trump routinely performed above polled in the primaries

Don't be a faggot. We've memed him this far. We can meme him into the white house.

>>americans think their shitty presidents move our lives in any way
then why are you nerds always so obsessed with out presidency?

newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/01/04/europeans-should-be-allowed-vote-u-s-elections

They do for Canada..

>fuck up all of eastern Europe
>try to take credit for successes of western liberal democracies in Scandinavia

fuck Jewish Marxists

I hope captain cuckold is ready for us. We'll liberate Canada as soon as possible.

I just want the US and Eastern Canada to fuck off.

i second this, i live in liberal state and i shit you not, if you goto a county that you see trump won people will love trump but in my county where its very liberal if you even put a trump sticker on the ground you will get ur shit kicked

this is the last election with a traditional republican party. they will restructure by the time the next election comes through.

this so much. trump is a lifelong democrat voter. i remember the moment i heard that he was running as a republican, i thought, "hey thats one hell of a way to subvert the republican party"

and here we are. fucking no one likes hillary,but she is still going to win

They don't even make sense to me, since Jews tend to naturally understand economics.

You'd think a highly trained soldier would know how to position a gun in his mouth to shoot himself

Japanese don't know anything about guns.

>Our lives

Are you living in Finland and speaking for Norway?

>Shit I thought was common sense like putting your country and its citizens first is apparently something that the left and progressives don't seem to value and this is coming from someone that used to identify as a liberal. Also gun rights

You were never a liberal if you're this malleable

Clinton no. She's pretty neocon with NATO. Sanders is arguably the candidate any foreigner should support as he's generally a non-militarist isolationist, so best for the world.

>Eastern Canada

You mean the best part of Canada and the cultural heartland of Canada?

NSA spying does, as do market fluctuations since markets are so interconnected. Like the 2008 crash.

>newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/01/04/europeans-should-be-allowed-vote-u-s-elections

i would allow it. if we had a few of you fucks voting im sure we would have gotten trump vs bernie which would have been EXTREMELY interesting.

im writing in myself this election.

>Hillary is going to win
>literally a Wall Street puppet combined with some internet feminism

I bet her first priority as president is to fix the pay gap for Wall Street executives.

Honestly better than Bernie's disastrous proposals.

I mean the part that's responsible for flooding my beautiful green province with pakis and chinks.

Norgays are bros
also our economies dont run on burgers.

>cultural
>Canada
IN THE SAME SENTENCE!???

Both the writer of that article and the writer of the article that article are about are both loathesome ends of the spectrum. A vulgar neoconservative and a Belgium SJW, yuck.

Not really.

Where I live (Vermont), no. I have had my car vandalized by a Bernout, as well as my lawn.

nice sources m8

Gotta squeeze some /cum/ banter into there :^)

But yes, eastern Canada is the older (and one of the oldest) parts of North America and home to all the Canada cultural memes, like Hockey, Poutine and the adorable Newfie accent

Thats not even cum banter, just common knowledge.

the thing about bernie is that he is an outsider like trump. his ridiculous ideas would have never made it through congress because he alienated most of the democratic party. but he also had some legitimately good ideas that i think couldve helped us in the coming years.

i would have no problem swallowing my pride and accepting that i voted in a terrible mistake (hypothetically speaking), if only i could get an opportunity to actually shake things up with my vote.

i think the biggest problem with our election is that the actual peoples votes get pushed to the side by each states "super-delegates" who are bought and payed for by the big-wig politicians, and have fuck all to do with democracy. this is exactly what happened in new york state, where the majority of voters wanted sanders, but the primaries are closed to independents. and you have to register something like ten months before the primary or you cannot participate. so thanks to hillary's super-delegate friends, a political loophole, and the electoral college, the entire state of NY ended up voting hillary. which is in stark contrast to the actual opinion of the people who were overwhelmingly in support of sanders.

What, you don't trust this abundantly-sized gentlesir's writing?

4/5 hes missing the neckbeard

No, just stupid.

If I was "man enough" wouldn't I be a leader, not a follower?

Looks like a terrorist 2bh

The beard does nothing to make him look less effeminate.

this is fake right?

Not here. Lifelong friends will be disgusted with me. I do live in one of the most liberal parts of the country though.

not in canada

You got why we still have problems with democracy, opposing viewpoints make us angry.

Trump is the opposite of Sanders in this regard. I live in Chicago and everyone here "loves" Sanders and "hates" Trump, Trump even had to cancel his appearance here because protestors shut it down. But when the actual primaries came around, Trump won by a landslide and Bernie lost. I think there are a lot of people who pretend to hate Trump just so they don't get harassed, but they quietly support him and vote for him.

So no, in liberal areas he is not socially acceptable to support. If some of my friends knew I didn't hate him they would stop being my friends.

>disastrous proposals.

Not ideal ones, but compared to the actions of the past 2 presidents they're awfully mild. It is vastly better and more moral to spend 1 trillion more on healthcare than it is to spend 1.5 trillion on a failed war

I mostly support bernie/the left because I want to see the neoconservatives get karma for 2000-2008. Well more than they already are due to demographic changes and immigration, gay marriage freaking them out

so pretty. can't blame trump for saying he would tap that if she wasn't his daughter

Plenty of Trump supporters here in North Texas.

Hold kjeft da, du får nordmenn til å se dum ut hvis du noen gang trodde uironisk at trump vil vinne valget.

I'm sorry, he's not representing the average Norwegian - we're not all retarded.

Same reason AFD gets votes.

Kjeften på deg selv, sau. Gå å bli hanreiet av APe's lille rǿde

Se, den stadig mer nervǿse mannen viser seg.

Xa-xa, that's the only thing my mother remembered about him from MTV. This and fake hair.

>If some of my friends knew I didn't hate him they would stop being my friends

and here is the problem.

me and my buddies were just talking about this. it is impossible to even discuss politics in america right now because the opinions and candidates are so polarized that we get grown ass adults giving each other the silent treatment because of opposing political views. if we dont talk about the problems of the world (in this case my country), how can we expect it to improve?

it is the same kind of obstacle you encounter when you try to discuss other polarizing issues such as abortion, gun rights, gay marriage etc...

Only republicans vote in the rep. primary you fucking moron

Illinois is closed poll?

>han tror jeg er rod helt ut av intet

depends where you are, northern states hate him but southern states love him.

>North Texas

I'm so sorry

De eneste som fornekter baserte Trumps framgang er kommunister uten utdanning og tapere. Du er helt sikkert mellom 15-18 selv og tror du har forstått verden.

Yup...herr it is the refugees.

>But they are human!!!!

Oh fuck off, let them into your flat if you love em so much instead od having other people pay for it.

Asshats.