I'm a new user and I want a distro with KDE. Should I just download Fedora and then install KDE on top of it?

I'm a new user and I want a distro with KDE. Should I just download Fedora and then install KDE on top of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

spins.fedoraproject.org/
opensuse.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KDE Neon is great

I was turned off because someone said it was bad for beginners because it didn't come with driver installers or something.

It's based on Ubuntu kid, the quintessential beginner distro that also happens to be used by many veterans too because they appreciate the simplicity.

How about you stop listening to people on the internet and try it for yourself and make your own decision?

If you don't have prior experience, you won't be able to tell the difference between fedora and ubuntu.

Fedora has spins.
I would rather not install default fedora with gnome and then KDE on top of that.
Go with KDE from beginning.
spins.fedoraproject.org/

This. Get the KDE spin instead of installing it on top of regular Fedora.

Is upgrading to a new version of Fedora usually problematic? Fedora 26 is coming in a few months, I don't want the system to be fucked up if I upgrade.

Maybe try suse. I suggest trying gecko linux which is pretty much opensuse with a more beginner-friendly installer.
Anyway, KDE neon is probably your best choice since it's EXACTLY for beginners.

don't use kde i don't like it

No, you shouldn't unless you like when things go south. Typing from fedora 25 KDE spin - shit brakes all the time and I have to do reboots on when OS freezes like a windows user. I will switch back to OpenPepe leap - it's a grate distro with grate KDE integration. You should try it out.

you can but i suggest you keep gnome
honnestly gnome > kde

>brakes
>grate
kill yourself

I've been using Fedora 25 KDE for the past month and I had nothing of the sort. It's been surprisingly easy to use as some years ago Fedora used to be one of the harder distros to be useful out of the box.

>spins
>not calling them tips

missed opportunity to meme themselves to #1 distro

> I'm a new user and I want a distro with KDE

Say no more

opensuse.org/

Wait at least 3 month. Fedora is a chore to upkeep as is if you want to be on the bleeding edge.

NSA botnet.

The fedora tip meme didn't even exist when they called them spins.

I think you meant it's based on Red Hat

Kde Neon is a spin of Kubuntu which os base on Ubuntu which is based on Debian

Been using fedora for years. Never had an issue when upgrading to newer versions.

If you do using Fedora 25 you will use mac os hah haha

KDE Neon is great. The only gripe I have with it is that it has a lot of QT4 packages in the Ubuntu repos and everything is QT5 in the KDE ones, which makes some apps looks inconsistent but it's not a big deal.