/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horological tech and shitter watches.

LAST THREAD WAS OVER 350 REPLIES EDITION

PREVIOUS THREAD: Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=mf6dM1t9iTA

Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

watchshop.com/mens-seiko-titanium-chronograph-solar-powered-watch-ssc392p9-p99992227.html
woodwatches.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're probably reacting to the people more than you are to the straps themselves. they're normally worn by the sort of dudes who leave their shirt cuffs covering up part of the watch in wrist shots, rave about rusty old ebay seikos, and wear thick plastic framed glasses. it's a shame because the straps themselves aren't so bad, but it's almost impossible not to react with disgust to the sort of people who normally wear them.

Oldfag posting

Seiko Turtle.

btw these vanilla scented rubber straps are the best.

I think you may be right

That watch is sexy. Something about the colours and materials being too bling and naughty for the design just makes it perfect.

Hey slav chrono guy where did you buy that

Hey oldfag. What was it like back in your day when things were black and white?

treat him with respect you filthy animal.

a blink of an eye... and you'll be 70.

i-it's just b-bants man.

I love the Oysterquartz, it's like a Royal Oak that doesn't suck.

>tfw just ordered a SARB017 just after buying this watchshop.com/mens-seiko-titanium-chronograph-solar-powered-watch-ssc392p9-p99992227.html

Such little time to wear them all

Recommend a watch for my gf. Something fun and not expensive. Pic related is her.

>posting your gf on 4chins
probably not a great idea

Your ``gf'' seems popular.

The strap guide doesnt list any good sellers for non mesh metal watchbands anymore

This is 8500€ from chrono24, a polish store. No box and or maybe papers.

Its a verified store with many sales. What am I walking into?

At that price point, might as well get a brand new one from germany for 11k€

She doesn't know she's my gf yet

>Amerishit
>UK

Not worth it. For that money, fly to Switzerland and buy one locally from a second hand dealer. I was stupid in my younger years. People offered me Pateks and Rolexes instead of payment for work but I was too money hungry at the time to see their value.

What was wrong with pateks and rolexes?

I know that things w/out papers and boxed might be stolen, hard time selling or servicing.

My optimistic side tells me its cheap because its Poland. And no box or papers does take a 1000€ away from some rolexes.

delightful.

more vintage pieces please if you have them?

Don't mind me I'm just joining in the regular plaid-posting with my new acquisition.

Nice. Just ordered a casio gold meme myself.

bought this shitter for outdoor work. liking it so far

Posting my cool Tag Heuer

>posting upside down pictures

Should get one of these instead.

I'll have you know that I don't wear glasses and that I got vintage Seikos from Yahoo! Japan Auctions and not eBay.

That's because the only half decent option is Strapcode. Everything else is eBay Chinkshit tier.

Absolutely not. Giving even a single penny to TAG HueHue is entirely unjustifiable.

I like the middle one

Nice choice, muh negra!

Does anyone know when and why the "hipster stitching" started?

Working on weekends sucks, Comrades. In the incredibly unlikely scenario that anyone in this thread should have kids, tell them not to be accountants.

The last watch I bought was my 7018, which happened to be bought on Y! Auctions Japan. Incredibly risky, total pain in the ass, but the savings over all the fuckers charging $700+ for these things on eBay made its all completely worth it.

How is our watchmaker doing, btw? I haven't been back to Toronto since July of last year so it's been a long ass time since I've seen him.

Opinions? The bezel is shopped though but my Vostok SE should look like that.

Newest Amphibians this year are full stainless including new crown and bezel.

Just because it's the easy way you stitch without a machine so all the leather craftsmen would do it this way.

Thoughts on pic related?

Looks nice, brand itself is an embasement.

In case you are talking to me I got from an eBay auction for 210€ shipped in excellent condition. I bought it in Germany when I was studying there to a German seller and I can tell you that country is a paradise for slavshit collectors since there are a lot of sellers that only sell within the country. You can get used 3133s for better prices as internationally.

It's still awful. Stop asking.

Thanks for the info, i was looking for a ~400 watch that can be adapted to both casual and dress, considering i'm in Euro i was also looking at the Laco watches who have roughly the same pricerange considering the import tariffs.

I saw someone post that they were expensive outside the UK so I took advantage and got one from Amazon for £12.

The EL backlight is 100x better than the single led in the F-91W.

No one ever told me that, in fact you are the first one. What is wrong with the watch? Why would you save a pic of it if you think it's awful?

What do you guys think of my collection?
Also got a g shock as a beater when I'm riding or skating.

Looks nice, I've got a Trident 300 which is pretty well made especially the bracelet. I wish they used a 2892 top rather than a 2824 base though.

>Omega
Yes

>Flieger
Looks good. What brand and movement?

>Seiko
Put it on ebay

The bezel, idiot.

No worries, there shouldn't be any fees from that seller as he's based in the UK.

It's a Tisell... Sadly not a Stowa but the movement is 90S5 and seems good so far.

I adore my Seiko. So good.

Pic is movement of the Omega.

The bezel is beautiful, not as boring looking as yours. Get some taste, retard.

Do you have a wristshot of your Giugiaro? I like a lot and always wondered if it sits confirbaky on a wrist considering those weird pushers.

Does anyone here own a Seiko SNK809? Would it be a good purchase as my first watch or is it a meme?

Which color dial would be the most versatile?

Not trying to knock either brand, but can someone explain why Christopher Ward gets praised on here while Steinhart gets shat on?

who /sinn/ here?

wow that is one angry looking watch

It wears absolutely fine. I wouldn't know I wasn't wearing any other steel watch. I do wear on my right though.

got this yesterday

Reminds me of the 90s Illuminators. First "nice" watch I owned was something like this. I was 8 years old, and it cost around 100usd in the third world country I grew up in.

Beautiful

>ask for opinions
>get upset
Lol okay.

A non-"boring" contrarian doesn't mean you have taste either, pal.

That's always the trade-off with using Yahoo! Japan Auctions vs. using eBay. Much lower prices, but much higher buyer risk.

Our watchmaker is doing alright. I saw him recently to service what was my father's two-tone Rolex Datejust, which I'd had in storage and not been wearing for several years. I recently saw some pics of a two tone DJ on leather and really liked it, so I decided to get it serviced and start wearing it.

Been running nicely since he serviced it. The 3135 is a very nice movement.

That's simple. While Christopher Ward are shitters with derivative designs (in the sense of virtually all of their models being deliberate pasitches of the target genre), at least they are not blatant design copies or the utter design abortions that Steinshit's own designs are.

Personally I hate the design of the Chris Ward divers, those hands are vomit-inducing.

I know this brand is hated here and supposedly you shouldn't jave a diver on leather but I think this is a damn fine looking watch.

People get autistic about the logo redesign.
The Trident is actually well regarded here.

Yea there's that fgt here who just constantly states that it say CoWard... It looks nothing like the word Coward.

Those hands are atrocious in and of themselves, and on top of that they don't match those thin stick indices at all.

Also, is there a reason this watch is almost twice the price of that titanium Steinhart?
On paper the Steinhart beats the snot out of it for that price.

Does the watch head go at the top or bottom of the nato strap?

R8 pls

I think I'll be returning it, feels too tall and big.

i think there are three sinn owners who frequent these threads

very nice

Fuck off and kill yourself Steinshit shill.

I only learned about the Steinshit yesterday.

Now answer my very fair question, buttercup.

(You)

>Those bezel scratches
>Because he bought a non-tegimented model

T I P
I
P

T O P
O
P

K E K
E
K

my 856 UTC has picked up a couple of bezel scratches now too. dunno what happened. at least they are not too visible.

The fuck is your problem anyway?

Don't come to a watch discussion thread if you don't want to discuss watches.

Chr. Ward vs Steinhart is a pretty fair comparison, they're both known for making pretty cheap homages.

Tegimented cases have their own issues.

The hardening is very superficial, so they suffer what is known as "eggshell" cracks, which are supposedly worse than straight-up gouges.

Can you provide some pictures and links regarding the issues with Tegimenting? I haven't heard of it before now.

I like the scratches because I wear my watch

Just google "sinn tegiment eggshell" or some similar combo.

Found tiny ant pic related after two seconds.

Only ever read about it myself.

Is this the eggshell stuff?

>tag hurr

Is there any company that manufactures watches with the crown on the right side of the dial?

This guy I watch rugby with always has nice Rolexes on that he got as gifts from his rich heiress wife. He doesn't know shit about them, he just wears it for shits and giggles.

They have them on the left?

Why did he delete his Tag shitter? Are you there TagAnon?

All of them. Do you mean that has it on the left for people to wear on their right hand?

If so there are a few, the left handed version of the Tudor Pelagos springs to mind.

Find out what models they are then swap them for cheap fakes when he's getting changed. He'll never know and you'll have some nice Rolexes.

Are there watches with jumping minute hands

I got banned for some reason plz no bully

How do you guys set the tightness of a metal strap? I've had nothing but leather straps for many years and I just got my first metal strap but can't quite decide on a tightness.
Do you try and stick to a guideline like fitting two fingers underneath or something?

Are you in Australia?

A bit loose is always better. As long as kt keeps in place

Your wrist will expand and contract thru the day. Generally if you just set it so when your wrist is expanded it's on the tight side of comfortable that should work.

One way to find that setting would be to set it how you think you might like it, but then if your wrist ever expands so much it's uncomfortable to wear you need to make it 1 setting looser and stay at that setting unless it happens again.

So is strapcode

Does anybody know anything about these watches?
woodwatches.com

I got a $50 disccount from some youtuber giveaway contest, but I can't find out much about them or if it would be worth buying pic related or not.

ah shit yeah, I'm not so good with left and right.

Jesus. Don't buy that.
You actually fell for the $50 discount code scam?