AMD, ryzen, AM4 <- catalog filter hits go here

Nice! Finally somewhat of an improvement over fucking 1GbE

Mobo in question

bump

what did they mean by this?

5gig eth is nice. Should be on some dedicated cards from asus, gigabyte and likely others too, this year. ASRock should have Z270 board too I think.

What realistic purposes does 5gbit speed have if internet in burgerland is slow as fuck and you get ISP notices as soon as you try to torrent something

It's for NAS. Some people have more than one computer at home.

LAN you fuckwit, and not everyone lives in your fucking nanny state with fiber optic only available in California.

why are all the full-featured mobos now branded some GAYMEN bullshit?

I dunno, it's retarded but I don't care, I chuck it in and don't look at it again until I change components or do spring cleaning.

Because the desktop pc platform unfortunately now only exists because of gaymers and "muh freedom'-people. The latter don't want to spend money, so the advertising targets the gaymers.

>5GbE
What exactly is this supposed to connect to?

When they make a NAS that can send large files at over 100mbit that does not cost more than a high end PC I'll bite. But every NAS I have seen tested is SHIT for file transfers and fucking overpriced. It's cheaper and better just to build another PC and load it up with HDD's.

Air.

A switch, you fucking retard.

Gamers are the only people buying high end consumer desktops.

>It's cheaper and better just to build another PC and load it up with HDD's.
No fucking shit, why do you think FreeNAS exists and is far superior compared to Synology and Dlink consumer crap?

Meh, i got Dual gigabit ports anyways

>retarded red collor
guess I am stuck with X370 Taichi

That's fantastic, I can imagine moving some 70GBs over NFS at under 100MB/s

Must be real fun

Why would you load out your network with 5GbE instead of 10GbE?

what are you talking about, the past couple of years has seen some great workstation/video rendering/etc boards like asus ws, asrock taichi (a bit on the lower end of the spectrum), gigabyte soc (kind of)

people that want a proper motherboard pay out the ass for a supermicro board

10Gbe motherboards are expensive and are currently Intel only, and Intel's HEDT platform is garbage

>internet in burgerland
No one cares about your 3rd world shithole user.
I bet even some countries in Africa have better internet than you guys.

Anyway, 5Gbit/s is for your LAN, not your internet.

Not buying a external NIC and putting it in any motherboard